McMinn County vs Oak Ridge

flamethrower99

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said earlier this one would be close @ halftime then OR would pull away becuase they have to many weapons. Good game cherokees you sure did not play like a team that was 1-4 and that is something to be proud of. As for you posters about the field topic I "Gotcha" I was trying to get you guys going and it appears I did just that. Hey good luck to OR I hope you guys win it all....

For those of you in McMinnCo who would like to see photos of the ball game between OR and McMinn the pictures are posted for viewing at:

Oak Ridge Football Boosters Club

The boosters take photos of both side of the ball and there are some excellent photos of McMinn Co players.

As for McMinn Co I do not see why they are a 1-5 team. They played with great intsensity and desire. My hats off to ya for the way ya played. :D

This is for you Oak Ridge fans. I wasn't at the game so i was wantin to ask how Trace McDermott(wearing Braden Fetzers #26) and Nigel holland(#49) did. I heard trace had a big game on D. On the radio it sounded like he was everywhere. Thanks.

I thought both had outstanding games. I have enjoyed watching Nigel for the past 2 years. Who was the big kid who was not dressed out for the game? I will also echo the others in that McMinn played very hard and gave it their all. Good luck the rest of the season.

This is for you Oak Ridge fans. I wasn't at the game so i was wantin to ask how Trace McDermott(wearing Braden Fetzers #26) and Nigel holland(#49) did. I heard trace had a big game on D. On the radio it sounded like he was everywhere. Thanks.

Why did McDermott wear someone else's jersey? Probably legit, but just something to ponder. Scouting reports usually identify numbers, not names.

Why did McDermott wear someone else's jersey? Probably legit, but just something to ponder. Scouting reports usually identify numbers, not names.

Trace usually wears # 2.The jersey he wore was the late Braden Fetzer's. He died this summer in a car crash. He would have been a junior this year and probably would have started at safety, they chose to remember him by someone wearing his jersey each week who best exemplifies hard work throughout the week.

Thanks for replying about Trace and Nigel. Our 3 linebackers had a lot of tackles, Trace had 13 tackles, Nigel had 12, and Wade had 11. The big kid was probably Robert Moore. He's about 6'4,a senior, and played defensive end and is pretty good. He tore his ACL in a preseason scrimmage.

Edited by Burnt

• 8 years later...

It sounds like nowadays the Oak Ridge fans no longer want to play McMinn County. I guess beating somebody every season could get pretty boring. Sevier County could be an interesting opponent in the future for OR.

The only thing I have against McMinn is that they have played us kinda dirty in the past. 2011 we played them in the playoffs and their were some really dirty plays by them against us (I'm sure we did some too against them, but I didn't see it with my own eyes) but after that it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Other then that the reason why I would rather play DB is because of the tradition that series holds. The series history is tied 19-19. Many great regular season games as well as some classic playoff games in the past. In terms of the tradition on both sides and the ties the two schools have (Our colors came from DB. Our first Coach Coach Martin wanted colors similar to DB) so with all of that said it's just the tradition it holds. Although the drive is really tough, especially after a loss lol

Edited by SweetScience