Oliver Springs Todd Wright resigns

Regal

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She became the new coach at Truett McConnell college in Georgia

Roane State is a bad situation-not heavily funded and poorly supported by administration. Todd has his work cut out for him and I hope his ego can handle it. If it can then I hope he does well, but they will struggle.

I remember a time not that long ago (late 90s / early 00s) when the RSCC ladies program was on the up and up, but.... I won't even go there right now!!

I will say that with lot's of hard work, Coach Wright can get the program back to at least that level, if not at the level the program was at in early to mid 80s. :thumb:

I remember just a few years back (well....the 98-99 season), RSCC had players from Harriman (Mindy Purdy), Kingston (Verionca Kirby), Midway (Leslie Rucker), Scott High (Renae Allen & Amy Hamby), Wartburg (Wendy Terry), Oakdale (Nancy Scott), Cumberland County (Jesse Inman), Anderson County (Kim Amos & Jennifer Hatmaker), White County (the late Lindsay Floyd), Charleston--aka Walker Valley--(Laura Davis), Austin-East (Carmen Faulkner), Campbell County (Renee Tapp), Huntland (Leslie Smith), & one from South Carolina (Simona Brown). If I left someone out, I truly apoligize.

So....you can see how many local girls they had on a very, very talented team that was just mere seconds from knocking off Walters St to advance to the nationals. Like I said earlier though, that's a totally different song and verse.