Maryville At Central -

MLREB

I thought Central's offense was better than what they showed. The Maryville Defense is better than I thought. Looks like Maryville will move thru the playoffs again. I think Central's best chance to beat Maryville was tonight. With Maryville's Defense, they look to be moving toward M'freesboro again. Central's offense never threatened the endzone and I don't think Maryville will give them gimme TD's again like they did tonight. Maryville played unlike Maryville tonight and still won.

Central's offense never threatened the endzone ? What do you call taking the ball from the 15 and driving down the field with less than 2 min on the clock and losing it on the 20 of Maryvilles?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They did move it and I agree that Central did a good job on that last drive, but, Maryville always seems to score enough to win. I think Central has a great QB but I think he tried to do too much tonight and he forced some throws. I'm sorry that he couldn't pull it out tonight. He is a class act and deserves all the credit in the world for being a gutty performer; however, Maryville seems to always make the plays when it has to.

Do I think Central could beat Maryville if they played again? NO. And I don't think it will be as close as it was tonight. But hey, I never pick the right lottery number so I'm sure I could be wrong with picking Maryville over Central later on. All I know as they will meet again and I won't have the opportunity to watch on TV. Too bad those teams can't play for a State title.

All I know is that they were about to score and the offense for Central was moving against the great Reb D.

about to .. whatever , you just can't stand Maryville admit it . For your information , the " great Maryville defense was just that .....great . Central scored 0 ... that's a big zero on that defense you seem to be questioning . sorry all you Maryville haters out there , Maryville had numerous turnovers and mistakes ... but still won .

It was a great game! Both teams played very very hard! MHS let CHS back into the game with two crazy turnovers?!?!? Had MHS not been so stupid in the red zone and with carrying the ball like a loaf of bread, it would have been more like MHS 23 CHS 7. I really do think CHS has some great players but MHS showed that their defense is the real deal and that the only way MHS loses is if they give the game away. Hopefully these two teams meet again in the playoffs and it will most likely be at MHS. I am sure it will be another great game!

All I know is that they were about to score and the offense for Central was moving against the great Reb D.

Your disappointment in the Maryville win is getting the best of you. They were on the 20. How do you know they would have scored? Do you have a crystal ball. That was the only time they were at our 20 the entire ball game. If you are going to use that one turnover as an excuse for the entire ball game then look at it this way. If we don't turn it over like we do Central does not even score. Central's defense played well. Had they not and had Maryville not turned the ball over the game is a shutout.

Edited by mhs

Maryville did everythign it could do to give this game away. The offense scored 26 points and the defense gave up nothing. Too bad 12 off those points went to Central.I will give both teams credit, but the truth is this game should not have been even close. I am sure both teams will take away alot from this game. You can bet there is a very strong chance they will see each other again. But whats the deal with stopping the game for the Ref to take a leak and the MARYVILLE BAND needs to learn when to play!!!! I guess it is ok to play while your team is running its offense and changing calls on an away game. IF I was GQ Tom would be getting nice butt kicking and every MAryville fan should email the Staff so someone can tell him when and when they should play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maryville 17-14 central was driving had the game WON!!!! and then HEARTBREAK CITY i feel so sorry for the central QB but that was the WORST thrown interception ever :(

Just curious. How could they have had the game won when they never led the entire game? They still had twenty yards to go. Their offense did not score all night so I hardly think them scoring was a given at that point.