Maryville At Central -

MLREB

Be careful Stars or he will accuse you of being defensive. He dosen't like other people's opinion. He is an Alcoa fan who hates Maryville but tries to stay in the closet with it. :blink:

No , even worse , he is a mighty , mighty Farragut fan . :lol: (no offense to Farragut , just using rigger's same sarcastic bashing method )

i'll give it to them , they've got a good team this year , but i guess because of that, he's mad that Maryville gets any attention at all . Rigger was wanting to compare Farragut's defense to Maryville , he's insinuated that Farragut has a better defense ... well , they squeaked out a win vs Powell , we beat Powell 47-19 . They got beat by Central , i think it was 21-10 , well as we know , Central scored .. zip vs our defense . He also talks about Farragut getting respect now since they beat WB ...... FUNNY HOW IT SEEMS MARYVILLE COULD WIN EVERY GAME FOR THE NEXT 20 YRS AND HE STILL WOULDN'T WANT TO GIVE MARYVILLE ANY RESPECT THOUGH ...

come on rigger , i've seen you post , you seem like a really sharp guy , don't lower yourself to another typical Maryville haters standard , your better than that .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Morning all. There are a few posters I would like to respond to but won’t.

I am surprised the score was as close as it was, but when your offence makes the mistakes they did 6 by my count giving the ball away 4 times it is hard to beat a good team. MHS’s Kimsey fumbled his completion from CHS’s Helton to end the game but got on it in time to seal the win. Maryville’s offence while totaling 305 yards hurt a stellar Defensive effort that held Central to less than 200 yards of total offence. Central only turned the ball over twice but the last one killed their only effective drive of the game. I don’t think Central would have scored because at the time of the Int. there was only 1:21 left on the clock and nothing CHS had done on offence the whole game made they think Central would have scored on the Maryville defense. Maryville’s defense played shutout football but the stats will reflect a yield of 14 points. But Team Game right?

Play of the game, Jr. Taka Koyano’s 47 yard field goal, under pressure in the 4th Qtr was outstanding. Again proving when Maryville needs a kid to step it up, some kid always does. Great kick for a 16 Yr old in High school; heck would have been great kick for UT or even a pro team under that kind of pressure. Congratz Taka!

If Zack Helton were my kid I would have given him a big hug because I’m sure he needed it after this game. He played as hard, with great heart and determination as any kid on the field and without question got pounded by a hard hitting defense. I knew he would not be a running threat getting outside on Wood & Killebrew. There must have been three kids wearing Landon Hall’s jersey, he was everywhere! Helton had a long game and playing both ways vs. a team like Maryville’s took it's toll on the Sr QB and the end result was a pass that got away. Like I have said before on the thread that got deleted, If Helton Would Stay in the Pocket he could hurt Maryville. And when he did, he got most of his passing yards. (84) But his happy feet and fatigue level did his team in at a time where they might have been able to pull the game out. Hold your head up Zack, you can’t do it all by yourself.

Talking to GQ on the field and listening to his interview on SportsTalk 99.1, he was clearly frustrated with his offence and right fully so. Tallent was outstanding again as normal and Tank most of the game, but Tank is developing a habit of fumbling the ball. He may be averaging one fumble a contest and really needs to learn to hang on to the ball. Central actually stripped the ball from him three times from my view. Central is well coached in attempting to strip the ball very well, Maryville should teach more of that technique IMO. One day those strip calls may go against his team. Hunt and Burnett played well and Hunt’s Int. was a rookie mistake but the scheme of the play left no last line of defense and some of those Central players showed their great speed. Burnett is really progressing well and has become a passing threat IMO and Niethammer showed what a soft pair of hands look like, with a great catch over the middle.

Maryville has a lot of work to do on the offensive side of the ball and the defense showed their conditioning and experience stopping a good offence. The only way Maryville get’s beat this year is if the offence does not improve and hang on to the ball. Get those things fixed and Maryville is in tact to make another run at a 10th State Championship.

Edited by FBEmeritus

Good Morning all. There are a few posters I would like to respond to but won’t.

I am surprised the score was as close as it was, but when your offence makes the mistakes they did 6 by my count giving the ball away 4 times it is hard to beat a good team. MHS’s Kimsey fumbled his completion from CHS’s Helton to end the game but got on it in time to seal the win. Maryville’s offence while totaling 305 yards hurt a stellar Defensive effort that held Central to less than 200 yards of total offence. Central only turned the ball over twice but the last one killed their only effective drive of the game. I don’t think Central would have scored because at the time of the Int. there was only 1:21 left on the clock and nothing CHS had done on offence the whole game made they think Central would have scored on the Maryville defense. Maryville’s defense played shutout football but the stats will reflect a yield of 14 points. But Team Game right?

Play of the game, Jr. Taka Koyano’s 47 yard field goal, under pressure in the 4th Qtr was outstanding. Again proving when Maryville needs a kid to step it up, some kid always does. Great kick for a 16 Yr old in High school; heck would have been great kick for UT or even a pro team under that kind of pressure. Congratz Taka!

If Zack Helton were my kid I would have given him a big hug because I’m sure he needed it after this game. He played as hard, with great heart and determination as any kid on the field and without question got pounded by a hard hitting defense. I knew he would not be a running threat getting outside on Wood & Killebrew. There must have been three kids wearing Landon Hall’s jersey, he was everywhere! Helton had a long game and playing both ways vs. a team like Maryville’s took it's toll on the Sr QB and the end result was a pass that got away. Like I have said before on the thread that got deleted, If Helton Would Stay in the Pocket he could hurt Maryville. And when he did, he got most of his passing yards. (84) But his happy feet and fatigue level did his team in at a time where they might have been able to pull the game out. Hold your head up Zack, you can’t do it all by yourself.

Talking to GQ on the field and listening to his interview on SportsTalk 99.1, he was clearly frustrated with his offence and right fully so. Tallent was outstanding again as normal and Tank most of the game, but Tank is developing a habit of fumbling the ball. He may be averaging one fumble a contest and really needs to learn to hang on to the ball. Central actually stripped the ball from him three times from my view. Central is well coached in attempting to strip the ball very well, Maryville should teach more of that technique IMO. One day those strip calls may go against his team. Hunt and Burnett played well and Hunt’s Int. was a rookie mistake but the scheme of the play left no last line of defense and some of those Central players showed their great speed. Burnett is really progressing well and has become a passing threat IMO and Niethammer showed what a soft pair of hands look like, with a great catch over the middle.

Maryville has a lot of work to do on the offensive side of the ball and the defense showed their conditioning and experience stopping a good offence. The only way Maryville get’s beat this year is if the offence does not improve and hang on to the ball. Get those things fixed and Maryville is in tact to make another run at a 10th State Championship.

Nice post FBEmeritus , i too felt bad for Helton . He is one tough kid . I really hated it ended that way , but Zach has no reason to hang his head , he has Maryville's respect big time ( Don't mistake a couple of young kids acting a fool ) ...... i'm sure we'll meet again , and once again , i'm sure it will be another clash of the Titans .

btw , i just saw the replays on ch. 10 , on that one fumble return , did anybody else see Gary Tucker get tackled from behind when he got close to the guy that scored ?? oh well , it didn't effect the outcome .

Edited by pepvol

Nice post FBEmeritus , i too felt bad for Helton . He is one tough kid . I really hated it ended that way , but Zach has no reason to hang his head , he has Maryville's respect big time ( Don't mistake a couple of young kids acting a fool ) ...... i'm sure we'll meet again , and once again , i'm sure it will be another clash of the Titans .

btw , i just saw the replays on ch. 10 , on that one fumble return , did anybody else see Gary Tucker get tackled from behind when he got close to the guy that scored ?? oh well , it didn't effect the outcome .

Yes without question the KFL Officals missed another one like the punt's that were touched. It was clearly a block in the back and there were nurmous holds and tackles of the Maryville defence. Now I do think Central played with heart and great emotion, also with allot of class and a clean game. Also I thought Tank was stopped with forward progress but the officals missed that one too I thought from my vantage point. There were to many late whistles and this crew was really behind the curve the whole contest. But the KFL is the KFL and both teams got hurt by the zebras IMO.

I don't really know "If" the clip/block in the back had been called, Tucker would have caught the runner or not. IMO I think he would have tackled him and the D would have kept Central out of the End zone.

I am sure if we dropped any of them we would be called chickens. Before you pat yourself on the back too much Hopkinsville does not seem to be much of a powerhouse to me. Neither is Fulton. McCallie is average by their standards this year. Powell beat them and you saw the score of our game with Powell I guess. Other than Maryville I honestly don't see a top team you have played. I know you Alcoa folks are disappointed when Maryville is challenged and pulls it out. Sorry it didn't go your way tonight.

mhs- Maryville is a great program and I think most of you would like to see what the Rebs could do against some of the other football powers in the Southeast or up north.

You got to give Alcoa the credit for Hoptown, KY game. They had been in the 3A playoffs the last 2 years and was 13-1 last year. We know Fultons history as Champions and McCallie has been a power in the past. I don't think they have a crystal ball to tell them these teams were going to be down this year.

You beat the team that is making a name for their school/community against other traditional powers. You will be able to say you beat that team but other areas of the State and other States are not going to remember that.

I would love to see the Rebs crush MBA, Riverdale or a NC, AL or GA state power but you can't do that staying in Blount Co. :thumb:

Good luck on the hunt for the Gold Ball.

Rigger101, you need to take your Farragut team and travel the world if you are that interested in playing away from home. You guys could raise enuff money in 30 min to send them around the world.

I don't give a rats _ _ _ _ what people in other states think about Maryville High School Football. We play in the state of Tennessee and that is the only state we need to worry about. People like you want Maryville to loose and you try to get on here and compare us to Alcoa,Riverdale,Oak Ridge and others in hopes that we would play those teams and loose a game.

Our region is tuff enuff. Central beat your mighty Farragut team at Farragut and we have to play them 2 times a year. We are trying just like all the teams in our region to win the AAAA State Title. That is good enuff for us and if you can't agree, well then I don't care.

I don't really know "If" the clip/block in the back had been called, Tucker would have caught the runner or not. IMO I think he would have tackled him and the D would have kept Central out of the End zone.

Whine, Whine, Whine, If, If, If.

I have A what if for you, Go to Comcast and take a look at the game replay, and you will see Jamie Wilson heading for the End zone untouched after the Central punt bounced off the leg of Tallent. The only thing that stopped CHS from scoring then was an officials whistle blowing the ball dead, in other words WRONG call. Lets see, hmmm, what would the score be then?

Quit whining and be gracious winners.

Well PigSkin, we know how to be gracious winners and you might agree that those KIL officials made calls that hurt both teams. Central is the best team that we have faced in my opinion and that includes Alcoa. We ran through Alcoa like water through an open drain and they could do nothing about it. Central is good and if we see them again this year, I hope it is at THE BLACK HOLE!

Edited by Rebel9

Whine, Whine, Whine, If, If, If.

I have A what if for you, Go to Comcast and take a look at the game replay, and you will see Jamie Wilson heading for the End zone untouched after the Central punt bounced off the leg of Tallent. The only thing that stopped CHS from scoring then was an officials whistle blowing the ball dead, in other words WRONG call. Lets see, hmmm, what would the score be then?

Quit whining and be gracious winners.

Why would we whine , we won ? why don't you be a gracious loser , we were not putting central down at all , everybody from Maryville ( well almost ) , has been very complimentary of Central . Talking about one play was not whining !

Rigger101, you need to take your Farragut team and travel the world if you are that interested in playing away from home. FHS Baseball and Soccer teams do! Of coures the were picked as National Champions, because of it! You guys could raise enuff money in 30 min to send them around the world. I guess you would take 25 min! In case you don't know it Maryville and Farragut are two of the most expensive places to live in this area.

I don't give a rats _ _ _ _ what people in other states think about Maryville High School Football. Well isn't that special! Potty mouth! We play in the state of Tennessee and that is the only state we need to worry about. People like you want Maryville to loose and you try to get on here and compare us to Alcoa,Riverdale,Oak Ridge and others in hopes that we would play those teams and loose a game.

Our region is tuff enuff. Central beat your mighty Farragut team at Farragut and we have to play them 2 times a year. We are trying just like all the teams in our region to win the AAAA State Title. That is good enuff for us and if you can't agree, well then I don't care.

Rebel9- Wake up and smell the coffee. I wouldn't want Maryville to loose any of the games I mentioned! I would want you to crush those teams and really show your one of the best teams in TN and the southeast.

BTW, I didn't know Maryville was so poor ;) I could swear it was one of the highest real estate/income areas in the Knoxville Region. I know I couldn't afford a house there.

I didn't know Alcoa was the rich part of Blount Co. Maybe Fulmer should move to Alcoa. If you’re happy seeing your team play the same teams every year and beating your chest, we're the best, more power to you. Other Top programs in the State have stepped out of their Comfort Zone and showed they can compete against anyone and win. ( Alcoa played the 3 X defending 4A State Champs and have steped up to play one of the Super 7+1. Also they played and killed the 2X Defending 3A State Champs and by my count will play 8 Schools that were in the playoffs last year) If you do not have that type of program, Too BAD!

Again just an Admirer of your program and typing what I hear others say.

I will not reply back on anything else on this, it was just an IMO and what other have said.

Good luck to the Rebs!

PS- I have never tried to compare our program to yours. We have a strong defense this year but thats it when it comes to comparing programs. You have all the Championships in Football and well deserved. Just trying to give our kids the credit for all their hard work.

;):lol:

Edited by rigger101