Maryville At Central -

MLREB

i'm not even from the area and i think central will win because maryville players are on here talking to much crap. sure they have backed it up so far but that can only happen for so long. i hope we get a shot at ya then you'll see what some big boys look like. :thumb:

weel dont get your hopes up maryville will not be beat. I just got done watching the central farraget film. If central makes those mistakes like having two bloced fieldgols and a intercepetion the game is over. helton got sacked alot that game and the best play they have is the bubble screen. Im just saying if they play like that it will be a blow out and maryville fans just like me all across east tennessee are going to say how wee were right and the central fans are going to say that it was a fluke or wil we get you in the playoffs just like they did last year.

Maryville wins this one easy

maryville41

Canetral 7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not even from the area and i think central will win because maryville players are on here talking to much crap. sure they have backed it up so far but that can only happen for so long. i hope we get a shot at ya then you'll see what some big boys look like. :thumb:

there are NO Maryville players on here posting . eww , after that" seeing what big boys look like" , i bet Maryville is scared to death now !! :thumb:

I am not doubting Gaston's ability Cat but I would have to give the edge to Maryville at RB simply because of their depth. Two weeks ago Tallent had 150 yards against Powell. Last week Baker had 180 against William Blount, and Ryan Singleton rotates in and out a lot also. Also Tallent is the only one of the three that goes both ways. Also the odds are long on Gaston returning a kick since our kicker put 6 or 8 of them 5 yards deep in the end zone last week.

I am not doubting Gaston's ability Cat but I would have to give the edge to Maryville at RB simply because of their depth. Two weeks ago Tallent had 150 yards against Powell. Last week Baker had 180 against William Blount, and Ryan Singleton rotates in and out a lot also. Also Tallent is the only one of the three that goes both ways. Also the odds are long on Gaston returning a kick since our kicker put 6 or 8 of them 5 yards deep in the end zone last week.

im sorry but i think this is the year central beats maryville.itll be a good game but central is gonna come up with a big play when it counts the most.

HMMMMM i dont like maryville or centeral, powell has a pretty easy game for once tonight

What to do

SEE YALL TONIGHT :thumb: lol

this should be a good game hopefully the work lords will let me get away at 7 so i can come to the game should be a great one.

powell has a easy game tonight?haha yea i think the panthers are gonna be in for a war with the cherokees.

Tank had 167 mhs...but 180 has a better ring to it... :thumb:

HMMMMM i dont like maryville or centeral, powell has a pretty easy game for once tonight

What to do

SEE YALL TONIGHT :thumb: lol

this should be a good game hopefully the work lords will let me get away at 7 so i can come to the game should be a great one.

i don't like murvul either but they do have the best govt cheese on thier nachos. shame the games at central. oh wait this is 'sposed to be serious...ok central wins in a tough dogfight best game u ever saw by 6 :thumb:

Lets compare the two teams.

Q.B.ADVANTAGE CENTRAL because of experience and his ability to break contain and make a big play. Helton having to play D.B. takes away some of this advantage.

R.B. EVEN although Gaston going both ways may give Maryville a slight advantage. Centrals F.B. is just a gorlified guard.

W.R EVEN Cruze is the biggest threat for the Cats but he is no Terrance Scott. Maryville has several good recievers but none that really scare you.

OL. ADVANTAGE MARYVILLE. Centrals biggest weakness.

DL. ADVANTAGE MARYVILLE Big and tough. Centrals DL will present some problems because of their quickness.

L.B. EVEN It would be hard for me to image a set of L.B.'s better than Centrals. But rumor has it that Maryville's group is just as good.

D.B.'s ADVANTAGE MARYVILLE Central has had a hard time covering this year. Maryville is solid if not excellent in the Defensive backfiled.

KICKING ADVANTAGE CENTRAL. If it comes down to a kicking contest Central wins If I am not mistaken Maryville has had a few miscues in the kicking game. If Gaston is the return man Central will score one T.D. on a kick return.

Coaching ADVANTAGE MARYVILLE. Hate to admit it but he is the BEST around. If Central isn't significantly better athletically they will get beat.

Athletisism Advantage Central big time

This is going to be a heck of a game. I think Maryville is better because they are better up front. If they can pound the ball on Central and keep it away from them they will win. On the other hand if they give Central enough offensive chances Central will break a couple of big plays and they will come out on top. I look for the latter to happen.

Central 17 Maryville 16 Maryville misses a PAT

Thought this deserved a response:

I really think that the only areas in which Maryville may be at a disadvantage are at the QB spot and with your kicker.

Our QBs are young but are gaining experience and confidence. Helton though has a ton of experience and ability. He has the edge for sure.

Our kicker can put it in the end zone to negate return possibilities. That's huge in the field position game. It's really tough to go 80 yards against this Rebel D.

Defense has to be advantage MHS. I've not seen CHS play, but the only defensive unit I've ever seen as good as this one at Maryville played for Melrose last year. So unless CHS is the best I've ever seen, MHS has the advantage here.

Offense. This one's a little closer. CHS has three huge threats in Helton, Gaston and Cruze. Maryville has that many huge threats in its backfield alone and that's without mentioning our balanced pass attack led by the scary Tyler Maples and a newfound love of using the tight end. We'll see how this pans out. Typically Maryville's balanced attack counteracts and supercedes star power.

Coaching Maryville. Athleticism doesn't matter.