Should Top Teams in the State Play other top programs

rigger101

pep> I THINK YOU HAVE AN OBSESSION WITH ME! Stay on the subject. I don't know if your too old to figure out you were wrong or just hard headed.

You have incorrectly accused me of making statements about the Maryville program. I asked you to show me where, I said the Farragut Defense is better or equal to Maryville. You didn't and can't. So go back, figure out who did, and make these claims and attacks on them.

Again, Maryville has a great football program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As you see, opinions vary from Memphis to Bristol. It's a topic not an attack on Maryville. Get over your self.

PS- I think you’re mad because I got the last word in before they closed down the Maryville/Central topic.

I'm not mad at ya rigger , just amused at your take on things ... btw , one player and a good coach didn't translate into any championships did it ........ how bout the mighty , mighty Admirals !! ( your preferred method of attack ) Farragut is a nice school , has a great tradition in soccer and baseball ... none in football ... sorry , just the facts .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not mad at ya rigger , just amused at your take on things ... btw , one player and a good coach didn't translate into any championships did it ........ how bout the mighty , mighty Admirals !! ( your preferred method of attack ) Farragut is a nice school , has a great tradition in soccer and baseball ... none in football ... sorry , just the facts .

Peppy-Your right the facts are the facts. And on that note, Those are the wrong facts for this topic. BTW- Did you see where I agreed with you ref respect ;)

But again thats not the subject here.

Good luck to the Rebs and if you get by Central the 2nd time I will cheer for you all the way to the State. But off subject again! :thumb:

Peppy-Your right the facts are the facts. And on that note, Those are the wrong facts for this topic. BTW- Did you see where I agreed with you ref respect ;)

But again thats not the subject here.

Good luck to the Rebs and if you get by Central the 2nd time I will cheer for you all the way to the State. But off subject again! :thumb:

And i would like to cheer for Farragut , seeing as how that's where i live right now , but you've been making that hard for me to do . I've seen your posts , i know you'll give a compliment , then take a little subtle shot .. your good at it , i'll give you that .

And i would like to cheer for Farragut , seeing as how that's where i live right now , but you've been making that hard for me to do . I've seen your posts , i know you'll give a compliment , then take a little subtle shot .. your good at it , i'll give you that .

Off subject. BTW-I'm down the street. We can throw crabapples at each other tomorrow. That will give me enough time to rub my broke down parts with Icy Hot. Man getting old hurts.

There are topics on Farraguts inability to step to the next level. You can go there and I will be glad to reply. :thumb:

Off subject. BTW-I'm down the street. We can throw crabapples at each other tomorrow. That will give me enough time to rub my broke down parts with Icy Hot. Man getting old hurts.

There are topics on Farraguts inability to step to the next level. You can go there and I will be glad to reply. ;)

Know that feeling , speaking of Bill Bates , actually played against him a little during his and my senior year in a scrimmage game ( 78 season ) ... Maryville and Farragut used to always scrimmage .... man he was a headhunter even then !! excuse me while i go take my geritol ... ok , ok , i'll quit getting thread off topic ... sorry . :thumb:

Know that feeling , speaking of Bill Bates , actually played against him a little during his and my senior year in a scrimmage game ( 78 season ) ... Maryville and Farragut used to always scrimmage .... man he was a headhunter even then !! excuse me while i go take my geritol ... ok , ok , i'll quit getting thread off topic ... sorry . :rolleyes:

I didn't get to go against him back then. I got to go against Sevier Co, Kingsport Ketron that year and a few other teams with HS All Americans that fell short at the next level at UT and Vandy. Got to play against Eric Locks Dad "Juicy".

Until Maryville steps up to 5A, they can never legitimately claim to be the best team in the state.

Perhaps not, but they can claim to be the best in the state in 4A, which last time I checked is what they are classified as. And last time I checked they are not eligible to play for the 3A or 5A title, so why even talk about that? I mean it goes both ways...Riverdale (or whoever else wins 5A) can no more aptly claim to be the best in the state. Which brings us back to the point that it'd be great if all these really good teams played each other. Unfortunately, that's not completely up to the teams. I'm pretty sure that Maryville only gets to pick like 4 of its opponents each year. Three of those will always be the county schools b/c it's good for business. If the regular season schedule of the Rebs left them unprepared to compete for state when the other best teams came calling, then they'd change that schedule. In the mean time this conversation in regards to the Rebels is pointless at best.

In a better world high school teams would be classified by quality of play rather than quantity of students. This way all the best teams in the state like Riverdale, Maryville, MBA etc... would all be competing together in the state playoffs and have a TRUE state champion.

It wouldn`t be hard to do and this would allow more teams to have a reasonable chance to win a state championship since they`d be competing against teams that play on their own caliber.

It is funny how you pick MBA from the super 7 and yet MUS dominated the super 7 last year and has so far this year.

It is funny how you pick MBA from the super 7 and yet MUS dominated the super 7 last year and has so far this year.

That's probably a commentary on MBA's consistency over 8+ years of the Super 7 and not just over a two-year period. With that said, MUS was great this year and is again this year (and is the only team in the league to have a winning record against MBA) and currently should be considered among the state's elite.

On the topic, I'd like to see MUS step up its non-region schedule while times are high at MUS. Beating up on Jackson Prep is getting a little bit old hat, wouldn't you agree? Why doesn't MUS give the boys down in South Panola or Olive Branch a call next time the school looks to schedule in Mississippi? CBHS did it ten years ago (against South Panola, splitting the two-game series), and MUS certainly has a team to be competitive against those two MS schools.

Edited by rollredroll

That's probably a commentary on MBA's consistency over 8+ years of the Super 7 and not just over a two-year period. With that said, MUS was great this year and is again this year (and is the only team in the league to have a winning record against MBA) and currently should be considered among the state's elite.

On the topic, I'd like to see MUS step up its non-region schedule while times are high at MUS. Beating up on Jackson Prep is getting a little bit old hat, wouldn't you agree? Why doesn't MUS give the boys down in South Panola or Olive Branch a call next time the school looks to schedule in Mississippi? CBHS did it ten years ago (against South Panola, splitting the two-game series), and MUS certainly has a team to be competitive against those two MS schools.

In the years past we have tried to schedule games with schools that you speak of but they would not play us. South Panola has been invited to attend the Kick Off Classic in memphis also but they also declined that invitation. It is kind of hard to play a team if they wont schedule you. I am not sure of their reasons for not wanting to schedule us since they are quality programs and it would make for some interesting games.