AC, Fulton, or LA who gets the last 2 playoff spots?

AERoadrunners

First of all Skewby, you might want to read what was posted before you start spouting off. No-one is questioning the character of these kids. The only thing that was being discussed was that Texas started talking about the fact that Kingston deserved respect and I stated that Kingston (and Scott) did not earn any respect based on their records (and I clarified that by stating that I was referring to their records over the past several seasons). Are we all up to speed now? Good- let's proceed.

You can make all the excuses in the world for why Kingston has struggled over the years but the cold hard fact is that you have to win to earn respect. Bottom line. Again, no one is questioning the character of your players-you all may have the greatest kids in the world- they may all graduate and become doctors and save the world and that's great. But this is a FOOTBALL discussion forum and the words respect and Kingston FOOTBALL do not belong in the same sentence.

As far as the question about Fulton and records vs. playoffs- the answer is simple. Playoff spots are based on region records, not overall. So a team that wins the important region games gets in. Until TSSAA does something about scheduling, you will always have teams with losing records in the playoffs. The fact still remains- Kingston can't even do that so let's stop trying to call them something they aren't.

Man, if one of them did become a doctor and you happened to be traveling through Roane County, I would make sure that I wasn't involved in an accident. LOL

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Skewby, you might want to read what was posted before you start spouting off. No-one is questioning the character of these kids. The only thing that was being discussed was that Texas started talking about the fact that Kingston deserved respect and I stated that Kingston (and Scott) did not earn any respect based on their records (and I clarified that by stating that I was referring to their records over the past several seasons). Are we all up to speed now? Good- let's proceed.

You can make all the excuses in the world for why Kingston has struggled over the years but the cold hard fact is that you have to win to earn respect. Bottom line. Again, no one is questioning the character of your players-you all may have the greatest kids in the world- they may all graduate and become doctors and save the world and that's great. But this is a FOOTBALL discussion forum and the words respect and Kingston FOOTBALL do not belong in the same sentence.

As far as the question about Fulton and records vs. playoffs- the answer is simple. Playoff spots are based on region records, not overall. So a team that wins the important region games gets in. Until TSSAA does something about scheduling, you will always have teams with losing records in the playoffs. The fact still remains- Kingston can't even do that so let's stop trying to call them something they aren't.

First of all Cleveland I did read your post before I spouted off tough guy, and you said winners make the playoffs and that was the question I asked you about. Now as far as me making excuses gimme a break, I said Kingston has been down the last few years, nobody is disputing that, they are not a very good football team right now, kinda like some other teams I know, I know this is a Football forum but you dont have to bash Kingston, but I understand that is easy to do on a computer screen, I get the feel that something has happend to you in Kingston or you took a few whippings down there, I never said Kingston was winners but again in my opinion if kids play hard and the best of there ability then they are winners but I forgot only the scoreboard indicates that.

I know it would take a miracle for Kingston to make it and it's not going to happen.

We all said that there were six good teams in this region and two good ones would not make the playoffs. I just wonder how many regions across the state that the fifth and sixth teams from this region would finish in the top two spots? Probably quite a few.

Well correct me if Im wrong but the other region is not very good. I mean the number 1 team loses to possibly the others 3rd place team by 42. I dont know about the top 2 spots but I do know that Kingston and scott would both be in the playoffs this year becuase they are better than Pigeon Forge and Gibbs. Did'nt Scott beat Gibbs by a few touchdowns.

First of all Cleveland I did read your post before I spouted off tough guy, and you said winners make the playoffs and that was the question I asked you about. Now as far as me making excuses gimme a break, I said Kingston has been down the last few years, nobody is disputing that, they are not a very good football team right now, kinda like some other teams I know, I know this is a Football forum but you dont have to bash Kingston, but I understand that is easy to do on a computer screen, I get the feel that something has happend to you in Kingston or you took a few whippings down there, I never said Kingston was winners but again in my opinion if kids play hard and the best of there ability then they are winners but I forgot only the scoreboard indicates that.

Now we all know why your screen name is Skewby----because your perception of reality is just that- skewed. I'll try to make this as simple as possible so that you can keep up.

1) You WERE making excuses for your football program- I believe you cited a tough region and school size for their "disappointing" seasons

2) I have yet to "bash" Kingston. I have only stated that their football team is not deserving of this "respect" that you and others have spoken about due to the fact that they have never been contenders in the State ranks. (Fact, not opinion)

3)No one has taken "a whipping down there" in Kingston- I think that is the main point of this portion of the thread

4) Football is a GAME. In a game, the scoreboard does indicate a winner and a loser. You are trying to attribute the value of the kids, school, community, etc. with the school's football program. No one is associating a kid's "character" or "worth" with football except for you. We are talking about football- nothing else.

Now, can you help me decide-- should I change my screen name to "Football Genius" or "tough guy"?

Edited by Cleveland

Now we all know why your screen name is Skewby----because your perception of reality is just that- skewed. I'll try to make this as simple as possible so that you can keep up.

1) You WERE making excuses for your football program- I believe you cited a tough region and school size for their "disappointing" seasons

2) I have yet to "bash" Kingston. I have only stated that their football team is not deserving of this "respect" that you and others have spoken about due to the fact that they have never been contenders in the State ranks. (Fact, not opinion)

3)No one has taken "a whipping down there" in Kingston- I think that is the main point of this portion of the thread

4) Football is a GAME. In a game, the scoreboard does indicate a winner and a loser. You are trying to attribute the value of the kids, school, community, etc. with the school's football program. No one is associating a kid's "character" or "worth" with football except for you. We are talking about football- nothing else.

Now, can you help me decide-- should I change my screen name to "Football Genius" or "tough guy"?

Well since your neither a FOOTBALL GENIUS or a TOUGH GUY just leave your screen name what it is, as far as Kingston never being contenders, they did play for the state title in 98', Kingston has played for a state title 5 times (fact not opinion) you mean you did'nt know that. If you knew anything at all you would know that Vic King is one of the winningest coaches in the state. At one time they had a regular season record of 40-0 from 88 to 91, so be careful what you talk when you dont know what your saying, as far as a tough region, what region does your team play in. Again I say Kingston has been down for a while, but as far as being state contenders, they have been in the race plenty of times over the years. As and far as my experience goes, the school, community, and character all help build high school FOOTBALL(i thought high school football was associated with character and the community). But you wanting to be a WANNA BE I can understand where your coming from, again it's easy to do this on a computer screen, as far as perception goes, it's kinda like you thinking you know everything about football when in reality you were one of those guys who never played or wishes that he was good in a sport, when the only thing your good at is arguing on CoachT, I mean come on making fun of a nickname. IF YOU WANNA DISCUSS THIS AWAY FROM THIS SCREEN JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ACCOMADATE YOU. :o

Well since your neither a FOOTBALL GENIUS or a TOUGH GUY just leave your screen name what it is, as far as Kingston never being contenders, they did play for the state title in 98', Kingston has played for a state title 5 times (fact not opinion) you mean you did'nt know that. If you knew anything at all you would know that Vic King is one of the winningest coaches in the state. At one time they had a regular season record of 40-0 from 88 to 91, so be careful what you talk when you dont know what your saying, as far as a tough region, what region does your team play in. Again I say Kingston has been down for a while, but as far as being state contenders, they have been in the race plenty of times over the years. As and far as my experience goes, the school, community, and character all help build high school FOOTBALL(i thought high school football was associated with character and the community). But you wanting to be a WANNA BE I can understand where your coming from, again it's easy to do this on a computer screen, as far as perception goes, it's kinda like you thinking you know everything about football when in reality you were one of those guys who never played or wishes that he was good in a sport, when the only thing your good at is arguing on CoachT, I mean come on making fun of a nickname. IF YOU WANNA DISCUSS THIS AWAY FROM THIS SCREEN JUST LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ACCOMADATE YOU. :o

Dang, Scooby Dooby Doo, are you wanting to meet behind the ol' woodshed so you can give me one of those whippings you were talking about earlier? You're right, Kingston has won a state title- 32 years ago. As far as their little run back in the late eighties- too bad they couldn't finish one of those years off with at least an appearance in the title game. King may be one of the winningest coaches in Roane County, but in the state...come on. Surely those mountains you're surrounded by don't have you that blind.

But anyway, since I'm just "wanting to be a WANNA BE" I'll leave you alone now. Obviously anyone that gets that upset talking about a high school game needs a reality check which, coincidently, you will be getting this Friday night. When A-E gets done pulling their foot out of your tail, you guys can start getting ready for your great run next year.

P.S.- Someone started a thread about a powder-puff game coming up- maybe you can get on their and convince them how great Kingston football is

Edited by Cleveland

Hey Took I'm glad that Catholic dont dwell on things such as getting blasted by Fulton last week, you say they will tell me how bad they are gonna beat Kingston tomorrow night , well maybe they will beat them and maybe they wont, the last time I checked that's why you play the game. Maybe I am old fashioned but a record does not indicate how hard a team plays, when I played we would play scott co. every year and they were never real good but always played us hard and tough and you gotta respect that b/c as soon as you dont you will get beat, if Catholic does not respect Kingston then that's fine, but they better play hard or they will get beat, I know Kingston is not very good and have took some beatings these last few years but you best believe they have also gave some over the years. You talk about sportsmanship and class, well from what I remember about playing ball is the no.1 rule with class and sportsmanship is you dont have to like them but you better respect them.

when did u play Scott. I may of been in the red and white when you were playing?

When I played Catholic we won 1 out of the 4 years I was there but like he siad tehy always played each other as hard as they could and PHYSICAL. good luck to everyones season. I gurantee Highlanders will make playsoffs next year or year after 2008 will be one of the best classes of highlanders ever. :thumb: