West Tennessee Football Recruits

ParisRiverRat

Who are some of the top athletes that might want to play for an up and coming program that is on the rise.

U-----University

T-----of Tennessee

M---that's where I'm at

U-T-M

My favorites:

Chris Donald-Huntingdon

Wes Carr- Union City (6 foot 10), heard he is going to school at UTM, please play football!

Josh Boyd- Camden

Nanney-Dresden...placekicker

Who else?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked out the UTM Martin Sports web page. I saw one kid from the West Tennessee area and I believe one other kid from another part of Tennessee. The coaches ability to take in players from the West Tennessee area is horrible. Maybe if he picked up some folks from this area, the attendance at the ball games would grow.

I was watching the Texas vs. Oklahoma game the other day. It was a good game if you like killings. The one thing that I noticed about Texas was that they didn't have very many people from other states. They had 16, according the roster of 90, that were from other states. UTM has 2 from Tennessee. I know there is much more talent in Tennessee than that. Just a thought.

USC has 23 from out of state. Roster of about 90.

Florida State has 26 out of about 90.

Alabama has 38 out of about 90.

Miami has 29 out of about 90.

But, just a thought, some of the most consistant teams in the NCAA Div. I recruit from inside the state.

No way...UTM had an excellent crowd Saturday. People do not go and support the hometown kids, that argument is null and void. People go and support winners. The crowds are coming back now that there is a competitive product on the field. We had several local recruits during the last coaching era, he was a good guy, but he also failed to put people in the stands. WHY? Because they were not competitive, and got drilled every week. The athletes that we have in these parts are a dime a dozen around the country. For whatever reason, some coaches have a bad taste in their mouth about UTM. I don't care if the players come from California or Tennessee as long as they can help build a program to a success.

The seats will be filled only when winning is occurring, sad but true. If Milan or Huntingdon went through 7 or 8 years of 1-9 seasons, would the fanbase still be there? A few would be, but a great percentage would not. That is the way the world works, right or wrong...

Check again because UTM has more than 30 from Tennessee. Yet they have atleast 10 from West Tennessee alone. Sure they have a lot of people from out of state but they still have people from Tennessee. Count next time. Here is the roster. http://www.utmsports.com/roster.cfm?sport=Football

Try a recount Bratygurl, there were 6 from West Tennessee. Memphis and the surrounding area do not count as "West Tennessee". There were 6. Sorry for the 2 typo. :D

Wescharge, as far as the seats being filled ... winning does encourage attendance, but knowing someone will hold them in their seats much longer. You start losing and ... well, the seats get empty much quicker.

Edited by fieldgoal1

I checked out the UTM Martin Sports web page. I saw one kid from the West Tennessee area and I believe one other kid from another part of Tennessee.

Read what you posted again. The way it is stated you saw two from Tennessee. Thats all you saw. I can understand there only being 6 from West Tennessee. But I am going by your first post and there is over 30 from Tennessee. Dont tell me to recount when you should have checked your reply before you posted and compared it to the roster.