7-AAA

Let'em Play

hahahahahah........so I was wondering....did old Pac man get his towel or whatever it was he was screeching about when the media nailed him for that tantrum? I sure hope he paid that 500 bucks.

Yall are awfully generous to take in poor old Pac. I think all my boys made the pro bowl...let's see Manning, Edge, Harrison, Freeney.......believe there were 7.

So when is Riverdale getting back to the Boro?

Well it was actually a pair of socks not a towel and yes he did pay his 500. I tell you what rookies will be rookies wont they?

Yea you forgot Glenn made it too!..................Oh yea, actually he didnt, sorry, could you tell him he didnt make it now, in a way that wont hurt him?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OWNED..........

He is right.......... I think coaches know a bit more than we do about who is good and who isn't. However, I still think King is the tops.

Yes sports fan definitly has OWNERSHIP :thumb:

Yes overall I couldnt agree more, I think king is the best overall. I just think Burks has done a great job the last two years. Two years ago we went 10-2 and won the district and last year we finished 3rd and beat everyteam in the district except Lebanon. Definitly did better than everyone expected us to.

so your saying Burks isn't an underachiever? I have heard you say MANY times that Burks is not a good coach. What about all those teams with Labrian Lyons and the talent around him those couple of years...and all he could muster was a region semi-final appearance? How Harris or King didn't win COY last year is beyond me. Perhaps they didn't want to give it to King again I dunno but I remember last year when that result came out there were alot of people saying what in the world? I remember you saying last year when people said that Burks always choked in the post-season "Just watch it will be different this year..he will prove that was a fluke" Well it wasn't...he didn't disappoint with a 19 point loss to Columbia in region quarterfinals. I measure how good a coach is by his results....region semi-finals at best just dont get it done IMO. Burks can't it done in the post-season..and with the kind of talent he had...that shouldn't be the case, end of story.

Edited by Harris' hooligans

and how about david barnes aka cincinnati scored 34 points in a win over hillsboro on thursday night. this might not be the blaze yearbut they will be athreat next year. and maybe in the second half of the year on there new gym floor installed over christmas break. look for a new reguvinated blaze squad.

Hey I was impressed with David when we played yall.

7AAA is loaded with outstanding coaches. I think that Brandon Burks is certainly one of them. Although he hasn't won a state championship, what coach in our district has? Randy King, as great as he is, has not. Chris Harris, with all the talent at Siegel hasn't either. We need to give Burks his due. He has won consistently and did so at a school known strictly for its football success.

If I were to rank our coaches, Randy King would be first on my list, mainly because he has won over a long period of time. From there, I just don't know. Burks, Bray, Keil, Harris, Mitchell and Turnham are all proven winners while the jury is still out on Smith at Warren Co.

I am not familiar with coaches elsewhere, but can other district offer the overall strength of our head coaches?

Edited by dawbsitw

I would like for everyone to pray for my good friend Scott Thomas. Last night in the 3rd quarter of the championship game he was dominating once again. He had already had 17 and it was still in the 3rd quarter and supposely he went up for a layup and someone took his legs out and he tried to put his left hand down to catch himself and he broke atleast 2 of his fingers (ring and middle and maybe more) and not only did he break them it turned out to be a very freak injury becuase the bones cames through his skin to where you could see it. They rushed him to the hospital and he had surgery last night. Althought departure was set for around 8 or 9 this morning Coach Burks drove Scott back himself when he was released from that hospital. They just got back within the last hour and now he is at MTMC to hook him up to IV's and such to eliminate infection. Rumor has it that it will be 6 weeks and wont be back til around the district tournament. I am about to leave to go see him right now. This is a very sad situation. They lost the championship by only 5 and Scott was their leading scorer in the game and tournament and he didnt even play the 4th with him i think you would have seen a different result and i'm sure it was hard for the team to keep focus after such a freak injury. He still made all tournament and had he finished the game and Riverdale won he would have been Tourney MVP. This is just Riverdale's luck. Hopefully they will be able to win some games without him and still get a top 4 seed in the tournament but I just dont see them being able to knock off Siegel without him. I really liked our chances against them with him in the lineup but I dont know now. Please just keep him in your prayers for a speedy recovery.

**This is mostly word of mouth from a Riverdale girls bball player but I am going to his house right now b/c they just release him so I will be sure to get the details and the story straight when i get a chance.

I would like for everyone to pray for my good friend Scott Thomas. He had already had 17 and it was still in the 3rd quarter and supposely he went up for a layup and someone took his legs out and he tried to put his left hand down to catch himself and he broke atleast 2 of his fingersn

I certainly hope Scott does well. He is a pleasure to watch and a credit to our district. Good luck to Scott and Riverdale.

Oh sports fan, this is such a sad thing to hear. Scott was really coming on so strong too. I know with the courage that he has that he will defy the odds and bounce back quickly. I mean he is a Thomas, and all of them are built tuff. I am really sorry and he and his family will be in my prayers. Please keep us informed of anything that you hear.

I feel bad for you too, sports fan. You have had to go thru some really ruff times with your friends and their injuries. I know that you are a constant support for them and always there for them in times of trouble. I applaud you for your loyalty and caring about others. I also know that Scott is like a brother to you, so this makes it especially hard.

I am hoping that it is not as bad as it sounds I will be praying for scott for a speedy recovery congrat WARRIORS on a great tournament I think we have enough talent on the team that somoene canpick up scotts slack while he is out in the meantime scott get those hands back to where they are supposed to be and the team will pick it up a notch

I went out to eat with Dave and Scott and their family today after he was released from the hospital. He seemed a little bummed by the injury but for the most part was in good spirits and looked foward to getting back out there and making a return in 4 weeks or less. He has this soft cast thing on his left arm and at the end it like covers his fingers and i guess i just supporting them in place. There is a little descrepency from what actually happened as opposed to what I originally shared with you based on what I was told. The bones in his fingers didnt actually come through the skin but what happened was equally as gross. As he went up for layup and got undercut he tried to put his left hand down to brace his fall and when his 2 fingers (index and middle, not middle and ring like I had said earlier) hit the floor, the split open :thumb: and it like opened up and you could see inside and his tendon was on the outside ;) . He said it didnt bleed much but it was really gross. Luckily his fingers are not broken I dont think. I think they are calling it a compound dislocation. The compound part I think means that stuff came through and was on the outside and the dislocation is self explanitory.

But he is going out with us tonight and hopefully he will have a good time and heal quickly and be back on the court and show the district why he is one of the best and lead Riverdale to a great season.