Smith County @ Livingston Academy

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OldCatFan,is Jones a junior or a senior?

He's never been used enough since he left Monterey.

THE SQUAD :thumb:

Yeah, he's a senior. It would be nice to see him go out on a good note after the way he has been used (or unused I should say) by our option lovers!! It's really sad knowing what this kid could have done under different circumstances?????

Jones is fast i will give him that, but when you say its sad knowing what he could have done under different circumstances makes it seem as if the coaches are doing him wrong. I am sure they are not doing anything like that. I am sure they will use him quite a bit in the play-offs, knowing that they are going to have to run something other than the option to advance deeper into the post season. Good Luck LA.

Jones is fast i will give him that, but when you say its sad knowing what he could have done under different circumstances makes it seem as if the coaches are doing him wrong. I am sure they are not doing anything like that. I am sure they will use him quite a bit in the play-offs, knowing that they are going to have to run something other than the option to advance deeper into the post season. Good Luck LA.

I hope you are right!!! This team is just too good to go out early!!!

Congrats to the SC Owls on a huge win Friday night. You played pretty much like all of Maynord coached teams and that is well prepared ,hard nosed and lots of heart. Good luck in the play-offs hope you advance and improve each week.

LA once again got behind and had to fight and claw like they have all year. I don't question our heart but we can't do that against any team. If this trend continues the football season won't last to much longer. There is no way that you can afford to get behind like we did fri. night against a team like Fulton b/c they will close the deal I promise you that.

I have heard a lot of talk about the play calling and we should do this and do that. And I know that the ones hollering are true blue fans always. But we should get behind our coaches and not be negative. And believe me I have been one of the biggest DUCKS in the pond. I have said a lot of things that can't be taken back and have to live with that everytime I see one of them.

I got a little taste of coaching myself this year and it's not what I thought it would be. There are many sacrifices and the time and effort a coach has to put in is unbelievable. Coaches don't have many friends especially when they don't win every game. So let's be a little less negative and get behind our coaches and players and see how the ball bounces for us the rest of the way.

Edited by Rocking Chair

Congrats to the SC Owls on a huge win Friday night. You played pretty much like all of Maynord coached teams and that is well prepared ,hard nosed and lots of heart. Good luck in the play-offs hope you advance and improve each week.

LA once again got behind and had to fight and claw like they have all year. I don't question our heart but we can't do that against any team. If this trend continues the football season won't last to much longer. There is no way that you can afford to get behind like we did fri. night against a team like Fulton b/c they will close the deal I promise you that.

I have heard a lot of talk about the play calling and we should do this and do that. And I know that the ones hollering are true blue fans always. But we should get behind our coaches and not be negative. And believe me I have been one of the biggest DUCKS in the pond. I have said a lot of things that can't be taken back and have to live with that everytime I see one of them.

I got a little taste of coaching myself this year and it's not what I thought it would be. There are many sacrifices and the time and effort a coach has to put in is unbelievable. Coaches don't have many friends especially when they don't win every game. So let's be a little less negative and get behind our coaches and players and see how the ball bounces for us the rest of the way.

Great post, good luck this week with fulton. "Go Hog-Eye"

LA had 350 yards of Offense. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble.

Here's an idea.........Let #9 play LineBacker. WOW!!!!!!!!! LA gave up "FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY" yards on Defense.

LA's "OPTION" Offense is not the problem!! 460 Yards is the problem!! :thumb:

That pretty much hit the nail on the head. I agree with you bigreid LA has played from behind all year. We have had to score more points than our defense has allowed and that's hard to do week in week out. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS. Good luck to the Owls looks like you all have got things going your way.

LA had 350 yards of Offense. Grumble, Grumble, Grumble.

Here's an idea.........Let #9 play LineBacker. WOW!!!!!!!!! LA gave up "FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY" yards on Defense.

LA's "OPTION" Offense is not the problem!! 460 Yards is the problem!! :lol:

WOW!! Great idea!! Been done though. He played defense against AE but got hurt and didn't play in second half. Oh, by the way, it was 7-7 at the half so maybe you are smarter than you think!!