Dyersburg At Obion Co

VOREBS

If you think Dyersburg is underestimating Obion, you are sadly mistaken! Dyersburg has heard everyone over the last 2 weeks say how overrated they are and that they got lucky the last 2 games and that people were not impressed with their team. Obion watch out because Dyersburg now, more than any other time, has something to prove! There will be no looking past Obion! There will be no over confidence! Look for straight up head knocking football from the Trojans Friday night! Be ware, they have something to prove. I think it will be a good football game.......... In the 1st half. My prediction is that Dyersburg will dominate the 2nd half like they have all year long!

I have a question for you , in the last 2 weeks how many Obion Central fans have you heard say that Dyersburg was overrated,I think Obion Centrals fans have showed much respect for the Trojans on this message board, on the other hand, with the exception of mg, I dont see any respect coming from your side,like everyone else is saying keep thinking this is a walk in the park, this is not the same old Obion Central that everybody use to run rough shod over. Am I predicting a Rebel victory absolutely not , but the Rebels will not forfeit this game just because Dyersburg is coming to town.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question for you , in the last 2 weeks how many Obion Central fans have you heard say that Dyersburg was overrated,I think Obion Centrals fans have showed much respect for the Trojans on this message board, on the other hand, with the exception of mg, I dont see any respect coming from your side,like everyone else is saying keep thinking this is a walk in the park, this is not the same old Obion Central that everybody use to run rough shod over. Am I predicting a Rebel victory absolutely not , but the Rebels will not forfeit this game just because Dyersburg is coming to town.

If you would have read my post carefully, I have never said that Dyersburg would run all over Obion or any negative comments about Obion. I have stated my opinion about the very good and talented Dyersburg Team! And in my earlier post I stated that it would be a good game........ in the 1st half and that Dyersburg would dominate the 2nd half, like they have done all year long! that is nearly a comment backed up by statistics, which are true. i know Obion is a much improved team since the beginning of the year and my point was that Dyersburg knows and understands that so don't think that they are overlooking Obion because they certainly are not!!!

Edited by dave61502

Good luck to OCCHS this week. For all you D'burg fans, there is a good article on your Head Football Coach today in the Jax Sun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes i read it..i couldnt believe my eyes..the Sun having anthing good to say about Dyersburg....if you dont play any kind of sport in jackson or within a 25 mile radius your out!!!..they are biased in their opinions..when we beat one of their favorites its only a summary of the game..when we lose to their favorites its like the whole world should know...yall(oc) still have an outside chance of 4th place in playoofs as the other 4 teams playing for 2nd,3rd,4th place are playing one another..should they all split winning against one another and yall win out your in..yall still have us(dhs) and ripley..you may not be out just because we should beat you, but you must certainly beat ripley....but its football and ya never can tell..it will come down to the last week of play for all five of the teams that are fighting for 2,3,4...good luck to the rebels..GO TROJANS :thumb:B)

just looking on here i would think oc are defending champs :thumb: atleast they talk a good game but time is running out for playoffs

How you would think that based on what has been said on here, I'll never know. Nothing on here has said that. What has been said is that while D'burg is a good football team, so are the Rebels. I do not see what is so hard to understand about that.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess OCCHS players and their fans are just supposed to lay down and give up on the season since the mighty Trojans are coming to town....I don't imagine that will happen though...Just something to think about...D-Burg had to comeback from 4th quarter deficits against both Covington and Haywood.....OC controlled the entire game in their win against Covington and Haywood had to rally in the 4th quarter to beat OC...May not mean anything,but then again it just might...Oh and something else to chew on....OC is 3-0 against the last three #1 ranked teams that have visited the friendly confines of Rebel Field..Again may not mean anything...Also,D-Burg has been fortunate enough to play Crockett Co,Covington and Haywood at home..Probably doesn't mean anything though...Anyway...See ya at the game ..Get there early, eat some fish at the fish fry for the Rebounders Club and watch the OC Youth football game at 7..Then watch as the mighty Trojans grace Rebel Field with their presence....You guys might want to tighten those chin straps.....IF you guys do get to 9-0 it won't be without a fight...... :lol:

Good luck to both teams and you are corrct...buckle those chin straps and get ready for some good ol' fashion James Counce, Dyersburg Trojans smash mouth football.... i promise dyersburg will line up everyplay and will hit you right in the mouth..tonight will be a great day for high school football..we will see what happens under the lights..........Let's Go :lol:

I can say that I called it, at least how Dyersburg would play. I said it would be a game in the 1st half and that the 2nd half of the game Dyersburg would dominate and they did. I do think that Obion has a good team and I was highly impressed with their QB and running backs. I will have to say that for a very undersized Obion team, I was impressed! Great game Dyersburg, Great game Obion! You never gave up and it showed. You are still in the hunt after Covington loosing tonight. Win next week and you could be in (if my calculations are Correct!).

1) Dyersburg

2) Crockett County

3) Haywood, Covington or Obion

I can say that I called it, at least how Dyersburg would play. I said it would be a game in the 1st half and that the 2nd half of the game Dyersburg would dominate and they did. I do think that Obion has a good team and I was highly impressed with their QB and running backs. I will have to say that for a very undersized Obion team, I was impressed! Great game Dyersburg, Great game Obion! You never gave up and it showed. You are still in the hunt after Covington loosing tonight. Win next week and you could be in (if my calculations are Correct!).

1) Dyersburg

2) Crockett County

3) Haywood, Covington or Obion

Didn't Covington win tonight?