Whos The New Coach @ Os

BBALLTN

There is, as BBT states, already a stirred pot. And I am not putting in a new spoon I assure you. I am just making a, admittedly, silly reference to Christopher's ascendancy as the next great basketball player at Oliver Springs. You have to admit you have hyped her quite nicely, and having seen her play on the Jr High level I must admit she is an exceptionally accomplished player. I mean, we have continued to heap praise on her and she has yet to step on the high school stage, so I was just being snide. <_< Really, I, too, think Kayla is destined for great things because her kindergarten teacher told me. :unsure: But time will be the best answer of that.

:thumb: Kaz :thumb:

This thread has nothing to do with Kayla. Most of the posters that have talked up Kayla are kids and that is to be expected so why make such a comment? Just another jealous adult!!! Grow up!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of a similar situation where an extremely successful Jr. High coach was hired at a high school and the program just collapsed under his leadership.

I hope I am not the person being pointed to as collapsing a program. As I won the T-N-T at OS Middle School with exceptional talent (Boys that is), took over the high school girls program for 3 years and never got off the ground. I have learned a lot since then and have been a part of a succesful program at Unaka and have always helped TWright with scouting in Upper East TN so I am not bitter about the situation.

Middle school and high school are 2 different animals. Plays that work in middle school do not work at the high school level, Defense is very important, conditioning for larger floors is a must and when parents are allowed to control the administration that complicates things even worse.

So I cannot say one way or another if Sam would do a good job or not, I do know he did not want the job when I got it! Did he want it now?

Edited by osubrutus

kazam, the only thing I meant was they have enough going on with Coach Wright leaving and losing four starters and a new Coach. Maybe using the pot was not the right wording, but make know doubt OZ girls will be fine this year and will finish 1st or second in the district...GO LADY BOBCATS... <_<

having coached at all 3 levels i can agree a little with all of u. i think that the comp in aau does so much for players that it really gives them confidence in their middle school and high school careers. also alot of aau programs do spend alot of time on the fundamentals. however, a good middle school coach that can teach is far and away the most important coach for a young girl or boy. you know a kid that can't dribble, pass, shoot, play d or play hard will not succeed at any level. i know just very little about the situation at oz but i do know most of their kids come in fundamentally sound so to me sam can coach. if anyone knows anything about coaching you would know that sometimes a persons record dosen't mean a whole lot. all i have seen from oz is fundamentally hard playing kids and that folks is a sign of a good coach.

Oops! I thought surely Kayla Christopher .aka. "The Chosen One" was going to be the new point. So is Parten the real deal. :thumb: I haven't heard that name meantioned in connection with OS Basketball. Oh well :thumb: . :lol:

Kaz

kazam you should know better than to try to start trouble. you are the one that didn't want anybody asking questions about why oneida's 2 best freshmen aren't playing.

For all those that feel I was making trouble, I truely apologize for stepping on any toes. My veiw of Christopher is she is an exceptional player for her age and I would gladly argue that her skills were accomplished through early dedication to the sport by her parents. All my comments are meant to be thought provoking, so as to stimulate conversation. I'm sure when Sam B. first coached Christopher he was wise enough to recognize her already evident talent, and let her enhance his Jr. High success. I mean, who wouldn't?!?! If his interest is still in coaching, then why isn't he still with the middle school. I know, he intends to watch his daughter play. A truely worthy reason to step away. Anyway, the new coach is, in my opinion, worthy of the job or they wouldn't have hired her. My thought guestion was implying that I thought it might be difficult to coach your own child without having some bias towards them.

:thumb: Kaz ;)

p.s. Sorry if anyone was put off by me, that wasn't my intent.

• 2 weeks later...