Hillwood

hillwoodtopper55

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Pope retired, grandson plays at H.L. , is a senior. Peden is at Ryan. Phil Bowen is at C.P.A. assistant principal. Brown semi-retired, Spears is the same, deserves another chance, and Moreno is at H.L. What are you doing?

Totally retired and playing on Coach T...where's Phil Johnson now? And what about Jimmy Cartwright. I was surprised he didn't make shadow's list. Of course when you were a head coach for 68 years like shadow you're bound to forget someone.

After suffering through a couple games and many players quitting Hillwood refused to give up. Right now Hillwood is sitting with probably 30 something players in 5a, and many sophomores playing quite a bit. They lost alot of games, but have not given up. 2 weeks ago, after coming all but close in the previous games, Hillwood pulled it together and gave Glencliff a really good game that came down to the wire. The next week they totally dominated Antioch in all aspects of the game, but Antioch capitalized on about 2 or 3 big plays, which helped them capture their first lead of the game and the win with a touch down in overtime. Hillwood might read 1-8 in the record books, but they still fight, and could pull off a major upset thursday night against Overton!

its good to that 30 players are still playing at hillwood, they truely have heart,

but sadly it looks like they will go to only winning a few games a year, even though they played their hearts out, hillwood definitely has the talent in the school to have atleast a winning record all they have to do is find a way to get more people on the field playing, i know grades have alot to do with the reason why some people dont play, but from a school of 1500 there should be more than 30 people playing football,

just curious whats your name and can you send me a list of the people still playing?

and is link still the coach?

its good to that 30 players are still playing at hillwood, they truely have heart,

but sadly it looks like they will go to only winning a few games a year, even though they played their hearts out, hillwood definitely has the talent in the school to have atleast a winning record all they have to do is find a way to get more people on the field playing, i know grades have alot to do with the reason why some people dont play, but from a school of 1500 there should be more than 30 people playing football,

just curious whats your name and can you send me a list of the people still playing?

Yes, Link is still the coach. Everywhere I coached in Metro it was that way. There were always monsters and big time athletes walking the halls who wouldn't play. Not that way as much when I left Metro. It really is a different mentality in a lot of ways among the students at Metro schools and students in the midstate. But you coach the ones who have the heart to play and forget the rest. If a guy had rather go hang out than play, he isn't worth worrying about.

Coaching Staff--Head Coach Link

Assistants C. Lewis, K. Komisar, S. Brown, Darnell, Keeton

Seniors that I know are still there---A. Lewis, Clodfelter, Hedges, Kresse, Moore, Willis, Duffield, Schwartz. I'm sure I probably forgot a couple. Sorry guys.

Edited by bigchief