Hillwood

hillwoodtopper55

Lilal, Are you saying that there is no difference in metro kids and kids from outside counties. There is a big difference in demographics and the way schools are being run. County schools are very similiar to private schools in Nashville. I don't see alot of county coaches trying to coach in Metro. Better pay in Nashville, better athletic talent and still no applicants. What do you think?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilal, Are you saying that there is no difference in metro kids and kids from outside counties. There is a big difference in demographics and the way schools are being run. County schools are very similiar to private schools in Nashville. I don't see alot of county coaches trying to coach in Metro. Better pay in Nashville, better athletic talent and still no applicants. What do you think?

I think lilal doesn't know what he's talking about.

Wow, 2 great examples of coaches having no control over players, and name calling, what class. Remember that got you in trouble before.

Namecalling has never gotten me in trouble before. Having the guts to tell the truth maybe, but never namecalling. You, obviously, do not know the difference. :thumb:

Sumner Co. schools Beech and Portland don't want any part of Lazy metro coaches in 4A(Maplewood, Whites Creek, Hillsboro). You'll see come playoffs....

Trust me on that one.............or were we only focusing on 5A.

That will be settled on Friday, McGavock vs. Gallatin.

Good luck to Sumner Co., but I'll take metro!

My question is how many of you are coaches who have had to deal with players from the city. Not you're ordinary two parent and a pet dog players, but players that come from a home where there is Mom, who has to work until 9 o'clock to make ends meet. Players who have to babysit little brother and sister because Mom has to work late. Players who have the temptation of fast, easy money over working hard to get it. Some of you have no clue Runtheball made a point, a lot of county coaches are not lining up to coach in Metro, and if they did would they be able to make the adjustments to deal with these players, would they be able to maximize the talent to win games. Probably not, because they have no idea of the situations faced by coaches in Metro. So until you do, I will respectfully say to shut your mouths.

A certain coach at an unamed Red and Black school in Williamson Co. has made the statement before that he doesn't see how Metro coaches coach AND deal with the BS involved...said he didn't think he could do it. Of course I don't believe he's a certified teacher anyway, but the point remains...it's easier to coach when all you have to do is coach and not spend time worrying about your players away from school (because they have other people to do that.)