Hope For Next Season

The General

Tennessee will be alright!

The backfield will be a strenght on the offense as Arian Foster looks like the big time running back they thought he could be when he was recuited. David Yancey will be back to provide a solid backup.

Montario Hardesty & LaMarcus Coker will be back from redshirt to provide depth.

Cory Anderson & David Holbert will be back at Fullback.

The offensive line should again be pretty good. Arron Sears & Rob Smith will be back to anchor the line Redshirt Freshemn like J. McNeil, Malcolm Rawls and C. Scott should push for playing time as well.

The defense line should again be very good Justin Harrell, Turk McBride & DeMonte Bolden will anchor the middle with X. Mitchell, Anonio Reynolds & Robert Ayers as the ends. Plus add in the Redshirt Fr. like Raymond Henderson and Vlad Richard.

The secondary should be even better only losing Jason Allen but they have played pretty good since he went down with the injury plus with a full year of practice and some game action for Demetrice Morley and Adam Myers-White should add depth Morley will probably start at corner or FS.

Regardless of who the QB is Tennessee will likely be voted a top 15-20 team to start nexrt season. They still have top 5-10 talent.

Of all these players you mentioned as returning.....The question is can they stay out of jail?.........

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem has nothing to do with who is coming back. The problem is much deeper in the program. Next year will be worse and most of you on here will be calling for a head coaching change.

Not me......I HATE UT..........I just think its funny how they have a down year and everyone is wanting to get rid of the whole coaching staff......

Yea, but what you outsiders apparently dont understand, is people are not calling for the assistant coaches heads just because of this season, its been going on for a few years now! Once again, we have not won the SEC in 7 years!

the problem with that statement (we have not won the SEC in 7 years) is that in other years, UT was not getting their pants beaten off of them. And most of their wins are against third tier teams. UT fans now know what it feels like to be Vandy and Kentucky.......celler dewellers. Second may stink (not winning the SEC) but being last really stinks.

Geez people.

Yes, I am disappointed we've not won an SEC title since 98. We had the most talent in 99 and the best shot in 01. In Fulmer's tenure, we should have have 5 SEC titles (96, 97, 98, 99, and 01). I would say 6 had Colquitt been healthy the entire 94 season.

These seasons happen. There's 1000 reasons this team has greatly underperformed. And as bad as it has been, we've got the #12 defense in America, and are less than 20 plays away from being 8-1 right now. This is not an uncorrectable problem. It just shows the difference between being great and average.

Say what you want, a new OC who runs a tight ship on his side of the ball is going to fix a lot of the problems. Fulmer gives his assistants a lot of control. The downside to that is that he is loyal to a fault. Chavis did his part, Sanders did not. There will be a new OC. Cutcliffe or not, it will be someone who has proven their worth and get the offense going.

Geez people.

Yes, I am disappointed we've not won an SEC title since 98. We had the most talent in 99 and the best shot in 01. In Fulmer's tenure, we should have have 5 SEC titles (96, 97, 98, 99, and 01). I would say 6 had Colquitt been healthy the entire 94 season.

These seasons happen. There's 1000 reasons this team has greatly underperformed. And as bad as it has been, we've got the #12 defense in America, and are less than 20 plays away from being 8-1 right now. This is not an uncorrectable problem. It just shows the difference between being great and average.

Say what you want, a new OC who runs a tight ship on his side of the ball is going to fix a lot of the problems. Fulmer gives his assistants a lot of control. The downside to that is that he is loyal to a fault. Chavis did his part, Sanders did not. There will be a new OC. Cutcliffe or not, it will be someone who has proven their worth and get the offense going.

We are probably 3 plays away from being winless.