District 14a

JWhumboldt

He is talented. I think Peabody will be fine with or without him, but he'd definitely do wonders for them this season. I agree with you about Weddle. He's a baller, but he can be stopped.

West..I haven't seen U.C. but I heard they lost a very good ball handler..If they find a replacement they will do fine I'm sure..But,I really believe if someone beats Lake Co..they had better have good ball handlers because Lake Co is extremely quick and gets a lot of points off turnovers..They will press from the opening bell and not let up...I'm not saying any of these teams won't beat Lake Co but they had better be able to get the ball down the floor..In Trenton's case ,I don't believe they will have the ball handling skills to stay with Lake Co..They had trouble last year with Doakes and he took a lot of the pressure off Trenton because they would lob the ball in to him and he was a pretty good ball-handler for his size..But ,this year,when Lake Co puts the clamps on,I don't see a good enough ball handler other than the little guard that played a lot at the end of the year to help Trenton..

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West..I haven't seen U.C. but I heard they lost a very good ball handler..If they find a replacement they will do fine I'm sure..But,I really believe if someone beats Lake Co..they had better have good ball handlers because Lake Co is extremely quick and gets a lot of points off turnovers..They will press from the opening bell and not let up...I'm not saying any of these teams won't beat Lake Co but they had better be able to get the ball down the floor..In Trenton's case ,I don't believe they will have the ball handling skills to stay with Lake Co..They had trouble last year with Doakes and he took a lot of the pressure off Trenton because they would lob the ball in to him and he was a pretty good ball-handler for his size..But ,this year,when Lake Co puts the clamps on,I don't see a good enough ball handler other than the little guard that played a lot at the end of the year to help Trenton..

If Union City has anyone to fill Coby's shoes, I sure haven't heard about him. He is a good ball handler, but Tyler is just as good (& quick) as Coby is. LC has one of the best press defenses I've seen. I feel like Trenton has a good enough ball handler in Fields to at least play with you guys, but I still feel like LC will come out on top.

they will dominate class A? weddle is one guy with a lil help from xavier but thats not enough to dominate at all. if u say that then look at lake co tyler geanes warlick clay valentine springer avery wallace copelin i mean its to much for 2 men to handle but its going to b a great one. i think the two from humboldt graduated.

You are sick in the head you have all of those people but none of them are physical enough to stop Xavier Robinson from crashin the boards and averaging 20+ rebounds and will have at least 20 points a game. Who will stop Marquis Weddle from getting near 40 points on yall he is the playmaker on any team he can dominate in 3A 4A or even 5A. That is not all they have on their team they have 6'4 Marquas Evans who will step his game onto another level and the outstanding SF Tony Mosley that is about 6'4 and is ready to play at any moment and they have the transfer from Tupelo,Missippii that kicked Lake County's football team if I am not mistaken. He is ready to play and will be in the Tornados locker room, They also have the misterious MJ Brown and he will easley get 15 points on anybody in the district and last but not least has an Junior by the name of Jermey Simpson and he will hustle his tail off andwill put up a least 15 points and will help X-Man Mosley&Evanson the boards so if that does not tell you UC is loaded you is wrong andhasalotcomingoff the Bench and has a boy by the name of Brandon Rodriguez is very very good but he has to fit into their style of play before he really showcases what he is capable of and they have 3or4 sophomores coming off of the bench by the names of Lavan Mosley and Andre Coby (Antawn Coby's) cousin they will help alot if they knew how much they mean to the team.

You are sick in the head you have all of those people but none of them are physical enough to stop Xavier Robinson from crashin the boards and averaging 20+ rebounds and will have at least 20 points a game. Who will stop Marquis Weddle from getting near 40 points on yall he is the playmaker on any team he can dominate in 3A 4A or even 5A. That is not all they have on their team they have 6'4 Marquas Evans who will step his game onto another level and the outstanding SF Tony Mosley that is about 6'4 and is ready to play at any moment and they have the transfer from Tupelo,Missippii that kicked Lake County's football team if I am not mistaken. He is ready to play and will be in the Tornados locker room, They also have the misterious MJ Brown and he will easley get 15 points on anybody in the district and last but not least has an Junior by the name of Jermey Simpson and he will hustle his tail off andwill put up a least 15 points and will help X-Man Mosley&Evanson the boards so if that does not tell you UC is loaded you is wrong andhasalotcomingoff the Bench and has a boy by the name of Brandon Rodriguez is very very good but he has to fit into their style of play before he really showcases what he is capable of and they have 3or4 sophomores coming off of the bench by the names of Lavan Mosley and Andre Coby (Antawn Coby's) cousin they will help alot if they knew how much they mean to the team.

So, if Robinson has 20+ ppg, Weddle has 40, Brown has 15, & Simpson has 15, does this mean that as a team, UC will average 90 ppg? I'm sure Weddle will have a high ppg average & Robinson will have a high rpg average, but there are some guys who are going to have to step it up from last year.

So, if Robinson has 20+ ppg, Weddle has 40, Brown has 15, & Simpson has 15, does this mean that as a team, UC will average 90 ppg? I'm sure Weddle will have a high ppg average & Robinson will have a high rpg average, but there are some guys who are going to have to step it up from last year.

Wow..They may need to play the Memphis Tigers

first of all, Union CIty will dominate class A this year. There the deepest team in the state im my opinion. THe loss of Coby won't hurt them that much becasue they have plenty of guys who will fill his shoes perfectly. Their sophomore class is loaded and will contribute a lot. The only team i see challenging them is lake Co. They are very athletic and talented top to bottom as well, just not as much so as Union City. These games will be knockouts and m sure both will be in Murfresburo this winter. Whitby is the one thatll get Lake Co. over the hump and beat UC if they do.

first of all, Union CIty will dominate class A this year. There the deepest team in the state im my opinion. THe loss of Coby won't hurt them that much becasue they have plenty of guys who will fill his shoes perfectly. Their sophomore class is loaded and will contribute a lot. The only team i see challenging them is lake Co. They are very athletic and talented top to bottom as well, just not as much so as Union City. These games will be knockouts and m sure both will be in Murfresburo this winter. Whitby is the one thatll get Lake Co. over the hump and beat UC if they do.

Coby definitely wasn't the only player they had last year, but losing him will hurt. He wasn't always a big scorer, but his hands and quickness made up for it. I agree with you about their sophomore class. I expect Andre Coby and Lavan Mosely to step it up this year & play some key minutes for UC. I don't know about them "dominating" Class A, but they should definitely be in Murfreesboro come March.

Coby definitely wasn't the only player they had last year, but losing him will hurt. He wasn't always a big scorer, but his hands and quickness made up for it. I agree with you about their sophomore class. I expect Andre Coby and Lavan Mosely to step it up this year & play some key minutes for UC. I don't know about them "dominating" Class A, but they should definitely be in Murfreesboro come March.

coby was a huge loss to this union city team. but they should still b goood!

Here is how I think they will rank

1. Lake County or Union City

2. Lake County or Union City

3. Humboldt

4. Trenton

5. Halls

6. Greenfield

7. South Fulton

8. Dresden

9. Bradford

10. Gleason

It's going to be a toss up between LC and UC. I can't say who will be in the top spot, but I can say that I think that LC and UC will both be playing in the sub-state games. Watching these two play, everyone will definately get their money's worth. LC is loaded this year returning a lot of talent. They lost two players last year, but it won't be very hard to replace them. Like someone said earlier in a post, the Mays boys didn't play much towards the end of the season anyway. So, I don't think they will have any trouble replacing them. LC also had a few kids come up from jr. high that were pretty impressive. They should be very excited to watch. UC has tons of talent, just like LC. I don't know much about them and have never seen them play, but I heard they were pretty good. But as far as UC DOMINATING Class A, I don't believe that. It's not going to be an easy run as some may think it will be. I can say and I believe many people will agree with me that UC will NOT dominate Class A this year. I may be wrong and they might, but I really don't think they will. All in all, it should be an exciting season. It should be a great one. As far as Humboldt, I really don't know much about them. I heard they were pretty tough also and they might sneak up on some people this year. Trenton should be down some with the loss of Doaks. I don't think Partee can't act right long enough to even last the season. If I was the coach, he would have been gone last year with all the trouble he gave, but I don't want to get into that because that is all Sisco and Partee's business. That is a whole different topic. Ashburn could also be a threat. When he is on, he is on and he doesn't miss too much. Fields and Yancy will help out a lot also. Yancy is very quick and got a lot of playing time last year and should be a very big help to the Tide. Halls should be down some, well basically just like last year. They could surprise some people though. I really can't say much about Halls, because I don't know a lot about them. I just know that LC beat them three times last year, if that tells you anything. Greenfield should be alright, I guess. They did beat us last year at their place, but when they came to us, we killed them. Like Halls, Greenfield could surprise some people also. The other four will all fight just to beat each other. But I guess any of them could surprise any of the top teams. You never know what could happen. It should be very exciting in 14 A this year and good luck to all the teams!

Here is how I think they will rank

1. Lake County or Union City

2. Lake County or Union City

3. Humboldt

4. Trenton

5. Halls

6. Greenfield

7. South Fulton

8. Dresden

9. Bradford

10. Gleason

It's going to be a toss up between LC and UC. I can't say who will be in the top spot, but I can say that I think that LC and UC will both be playing in the sub-state games. Watching these two play, everyone will definately get their money's worth. LC is loaded this year returning a lot of talent. They lost two players last year, but it won't be very hard to replace them. Like someone said earlier in a post, the Mays boys didn't play much towards the end of the season anyway. So, I don't think they will have any trouble replacing them. LC also had a few kids come up from jr. high that were pretty impressive. They should be very excited to watch. UC has tons of talent, just like LC. I don't know much about them and have never seen them play, but I heard they were pretty good. But as far as UC DOMINATING Class A, I don't believe that. It's not going to be an easy run as some may think it will be. I can say and I believe many people will agree with me that UC will NOT dominate Class A this year. I may be wrong and they might, but I really don't think they will. All in all, it should be an exciting season. It should be a great one. As far as Humboldt, I really don't know much about them. I heard they were pretty tough also and they might sneak up on some people this year. Trenton should be down some with the loss of Doaks. I don't think Partee can't act right long enough to even last the season. If I was the coach, he would have been gone last year with all the trouble he gave, but I don't want to get into that because that is all Sisco and Partee's business. That is a whole different topic. Ashburn could also be a threat. When he is on, he is on and he doesn't miss too much. Fields and Yancy will help out a lot also. Yancy is very quick and got a lot of playing time last year and should be a very big help to the Tide. Halls should be down some, well basically just like last year. They could surprise some people though. I really can't say much about Halls, because I don't know a lot about them. I just know that LC beat them three times last year, if that tells you anything. Greenfield should be alright, I guess. They did beat us last year at their place, but when they came to us, we killed them. Like Halls, Greenfield could surprise some people also. The other four will all fight just to beat each other. But I guess any of them could surprise any of the top teams. You never know what could happen. It should be very exciting in 14 A this year and good luck to all the teams!

Humboldt will be fine. They lost a lot of talent in Shivers, Dotson, & Everett but are returning Toylon Smith & Kelsey Rose. From what I hear, they have a transfer by the name of Sain (6'5") who is supposed to be quite a player. I understand that Partee is in some trouble right now. If he would get his act together, he could carry Peabody back to Murfreesboro, but I wouldn't bet on it. As you said, Halls will be down, but I do believe Tates and his Tigers will force some upsets, as they did last year.