Coalfield & Oneida

knight2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha Ha Ha, I can't believe you just said that! Are you being serious? Yes they are front runners for now. What I want to know is how they got the "Front Runner" position over Oliver Springs in the first place? Were talking about a AA O.S team that went 30-5 last season. That beat Coalfield by 30+ points at one time. Onieda is a different story. They might give O.S a challenge. O.S only beat them by 5 @ O.S and 11 at Onieda. Add the returners and one of the most talented freshman classes in O.S History, O.S will be fine.

I would think Oz will be fine, too. However, I would also think there will be a transistion phase that they will go through, something Coalfield, Wartburg, Oneida, and Oakdale won't have to experience. I think OS will be "pressed" to win the district in the regular season, although you have to respect their accomplishments under Wright. Still, it seems that Jack Co. and C'range think OS is the team to fear in the East. I honestly think there are others out in this district that have the potential to give the elite teams nightmares. Coalfield is going to be good and Oakdale was very young last year when they upset frontrunner Wartburg, so they might "have a night or two". Davis always manages to get some players that work well in his system and Oneida won't get worse with everybody returning to the team from last year.(didn't they go to the state?) I don't think I would count out anybody that goes that far and returns everyone. Coalfield did too, and they just lose one. If OS wins this conference, certainly they should be highly regarded, but I doubt seriously any of these teams will be a sure W, and I didn't even mention Harriman(I believe they have a State Title in the trophy case) or Rockwood(another young bunch that knocked Oneida once in the regular season). I'd say things will be INTERESTING to say the least!

:thumb: Kaz :lol:

Edited by kazam37

Oliver Springs will be a tough team to beat...even for Oneida. OS was one of the best teams in one of the toughest districts in AA. How could anyone think that they wouldn't win their district now? Just my opinion.

I think Coach Wright's impact on OS's success is being downplayed here. I think they definitely should be considereed the favorites with Oneida right there with them. Coach Wright's game preparation and scouting will be missed a lot. I don't doubt the new coach's ability, she must be good since they didn't give the job to Kallenberg. I really thought this would be his job considering he was huge in turning Powell's program around and his recent work at Maryville College.....Good luck to OS, but I think Oneida might be there in the end....

Does any one think any of the teams in the district have an X Factor? You know, maybe intangables in a team that make them more formitable this season. Like Coalfield's Jones has a motor that runs all the time and she is almost impossible to guard for four quarters by one defender. Harriman has been very quiet this pre-season, but I understand they competed well in JV last year, does this mean they have some ammo left in the gun? Rockwood and Oakdale played the youngsters last year, have they grown up or are they a year away? Does Davis of Wartburg still have the magic that makes his teams contenders every year? Is Christopher of OS going to be the next Hall? Thats how they have her pegged! Is Oneida stronger than last year? :rolleyes:

:D Kaz :D

Does any one think any of the teams in the district have an X Factor? You know, maybe intangables in a team that make them more formitable this season. Like Coalfield's Jones has a motor that runs all the time and she is almost impossible to guard for four quarters by one defender. Harriman has been very quiet this pre-season, but I understand they competed well in JV last year, does this mean they have some ammo left in the gun? Rockwood and Oakdale played the youngsters last year, have they grown up or are they a year away? Does Davis of Wartburg still have the magic that makes his teams contenders every year? Is Christopher of OS going to be the next Hall? Thats how they have her pegged! Is Oneida stronger than last year? :rolleyes:

:D Kaz :D

Kaz, Harriman and Rockwood are in the other district now. As for OS, you lose the players they lost last year and have a coaching change then there will be a transition period. Oneida and Coalfield should be as good or better than they were last season, while Wartburg and Oakdale should both be capable of beating anybody on a given night. Sunbright will be an improved team and I believe Brent Shoemaker will build a solid program up there.

OS lost 4 starters last season (all 5 if Jennifer Smith doesn't play) and 3 the year before. They return less than 20 points per game this year and will be relying on younger players, even freshmen. I would definitely give the edge to Oneida and maybe even Coalfield.

However, if team don't get OS this year they'd better watch out because they have a good group of youngsters that will be tough over the next four years.

KingB, Brett Shoemaker sounds like a name I'm familiar with, can you give me a little background on him? Sunbright, by what I've heard, will struggle a bit because of the number of quality teams in this conference. Whoever the top four teams are, they are going to make the region championships a great ticket!

:lol: Kaz :lol:

he coached AAU in Scott County a few years ago

Edited by hermom