Marion Co. @ Westmoreland

MCRoadWarrior

Where: Westmoreland, Tennessee

Common opponents Upperman & Sequatchie.

Westmoreland beat Upperman 54-14 in wk 3. (40pt difference)

Marion beat Upperman 34-14 in wk 9. (20pt difference)

Westmoreland beat Sequatchie 8-0 in wk 7. (8pt difference)

Marion beat Sequatchie 34-26 in wk 10. (8pt difference)

Westmoreland (8-2) has played solid all year.

Marion (6-4) has won 5 of their last 6 games since going 1 and 3 to start the season.

Looking at these statistics IMO this matchup looks pretty even. What do you think?

I will give my pick later in the week.

Edited by MCRoadWarrior

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion (6-4) has won 5 of their last 6 games since going 1 and 3 to start the season.

Looking at these statistics IMO this matchup looks pretty even. What do you think?

I haven't seen Marion...but I do think this will be a very close game. Westmoreland is tough...especially at home.

Edited by Antwan

I'm from Marion, and I'm definitely hoping to get to go to the game, assuming we have a bus going up there. I knew going into last night's Sequatchie game, either team we played would be a hard game. Marion has a lot of momentum going into Westmoreland, and their young team has finally learned to stick it to them when it counts. Led by Van Kinsey, they are a tough team to beat, and they have a lot of momentum. However, as far as the stats that MCRoadWarrior gave, they are similar, but it's still a 20 point differential between both teams Upperman game. However, stats, as we have learned in the past, do not mean anything. So, I'm counting on a good game, and I hope I get to see it.

If Marion can keep playing like they have been then I think we can pull out a win. We have played Westmoreland in the 1st round a couple of times in the past years and they have always beaten us. I'm hoping that this year holds a different story. I'll be at this game somehow even if we don't take a fan bus.

I saw the Westmorland -Sequatchie game. They looked pretty solid. They are not big at all. They have some good athletes. We have played Marion and Sequatchie, both good and don't quit. Westmorland played hard 4 quarters against Sequatchie. I think Marion has momentum right now, and will have the mental edge. It should be a very good game. I'm pulling for MC. B)