Alcoa Vs. Gp

Tornadofan15

You have already labeled me one of the "classless" ones since I am from Maryville so I might as well put my two cents in. Were any starters in after half? Was a single pass thrown in the second half? If the answer to either of those is yes then they were not trying hard enough to tone it down. If there were "several" freshmen in in the second quarter then at the start of the third it should have been all freshmen. And I know once you get pretty far down the Alcoa bench the players get pretty small because I have seen them. I just don't buy all this "gee we can't take a knee for 20 minutes" stuff. You can put in the least players you have and run three dives and punt. You think Maryville hasn't had chances to score this many before? They could have hung 60 on Alcoa this year if they wanted to. In 2002 we took a knee on the Heritage one yard line at the end of the first half leading 35-0. I think the final score was 35-6. It can be done. You say Reid is you friend and I respect that, but this thread indicates he obviously had this reputation before this game was played. If this opinion makes me classless I can live with it. It is fairly ironic though that you make statements like that to defend a guy who just humiliated a bunch of high school kids by hanging 91 on them.

You can watch the replay on T.V..............come up with your own opinion. Just get the Alcoa depth chart to understand how deep in to the line up he went in the 2nd,3rd & 4th quarters.

One other thing to note. Coach Reid basically turned the play calling to the ast. coach that works with the freshman in the second half.

Also in the replay you will see Coach Reid go out to the offical and request the 2nd half to be reduced to 8:00 quarters. The offical looks at the score board then shakes his head "yes"

As far as being classless, stating..."It is fairly ironic though that you make statements like that to defend a guy who just humiliated a bunch of high school kids by hanging 91 on them." ..................you formed an opinion without watching the game???

AND.yea,yea I know maryville never ever does wrong...I got that! :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly thought there was a person on here putting a fake score up on the scoreboard. TRUST ME, when I say that I have seen some very horrible high school football teams. Teams that don't even line up in an organized defense. And the score NEVER got that high. Why? Because when you hit the 60s/70s thats borderline bush league. You know how to prevent that , you kneel the ball, or you punt it back to them. You don't put 91 points on a high school football team..Theres no excuse.

I honestly thought there was a person on here putting a fake score up on the scoreboard. TRUST ME, when I say that I have seen some very horrible high school football teams. Teams that don't even line up in an organized defense. And the score NEVER got that high. Why? Because when you hit the 60s/70s thats borderline bush league. You know how to prevent that , you kneel the ball, or you punt it back to them. You don't put 91 points on a high school football team..Theres no excuse.

Do you guys not listen? Alcoa had 5 TD's returned from turnovers. Do you just want the player to just take off running about 5 yards and just fall down or something, especially a high school kid that hardly ever sees the field? You want to tell him that he's not allowed to score if he gets the ball? I mean come on, Joei threw the ball 4 times I believe, Lindsey had about 4 carries, and our 3rd string QB never threw the ball. Heck, we had about 15 offensive plays in the first half. As Budrock and Coalman said, we had the third team in late in the second half, how does that signal a chance of running up the score?

I agree completely! There is no way anyone can justify 91 points! All of the Alcoa fans keep complaining that if you weren't there, you can't make a judgement. Yes you can! There is absolutely no reason to pull this kind of stunt! This is what has made Riverdale out to be such a villan in the past, because Gary Rankin has been notorious for it. Now, it's Alcoa's turn to be the bad guy. Don't come on here making excuses or complaining about a team having no class when the same thing happens to you. Hopefully, in the next few games!

Do you guys not listen? Alcoa had 5 TD's returned from turnovers. Do you just want the player to just take off running about 5 yards and just fall down or something, especially a high school kid that hardly ever sees the field? You want to tell him that he's not allowed to score if he gets the ball? I mean come on, Joei threw the ball 4 times I believe, Lindsey had about 4 carries, and our 3rd string QB never threw the ball. Heck, we had about 15 offensive plays in the first half. As Budrock and Coalman said, we had the third team in late in the second half, how does that signal a chance of running up the score?

No matter what, you cannot explain away this one. Like everyone else is saying, 3 dives and a punt should work!