Alcoa Vs. Gp

Tornadofan15

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Trousdale co...er I mean Alcoa on such a close battle. I mean "Good Grief" guys.....does a coach lose his mind every week on what true Sportsmanship is all about......Anyway way to go guys ..what a slaughter...you should be so proud

Obviously you were not at the game. The GP quaterback had 2 or 3 sack fumbles that Alcoa picked up and scored on. He also had a tough night throwing the ball as Alcoa intercepted 3 or 4 for touchdowns. Alcoa played reserves about halfway into the second quarter and all of the second half. I would guess that the Alcoa starters ran less than 10 offensive plays. A freshman had an interception for a touchdown in the second half. I guess that you would have told him to take a knee. I can understand how you could look at the score and assume that the coaches ran up the score, but I was there and that was not the case.

Alcoa coaches requested the 3rd and 4th quarter be reduced to 8:00 minutes each.

Alcoa rotated as far down, playing several freshman in the 2nd quarter..........

I hate scores like that.......but the Alcoa defense out scored the Alcoa offense?!

You have already labeled me one of the "classless" ones since I am from Maryville so I might as well put my two cents in. Were any starters in after half? Was a single pass thrown in the second half? If the answer to either of those is yes then they were not trying hard enough to tone it down. If there were "several" freshmen in in the second quarter then at the start of the third it should have been all freshmen. And I know once you get pretty far down the Alcoa bench the players get pretty small because I have seen them. I just don't buy all this "gee we can't take a knee for 20 minutes" stuff. You can put in the least players you have and run three dives and punt. You think Maryville hasn't had chances to score this many before? They could have hung 60 on Alcoa this year if they wanted to. In 2002 we took a knee on the Heritage one yard line at the end of the first half leading 35-0. I think the final score was 35-6. It can be done. You say Reid is you friend and I respect that, but this thread indicates he obviously had this reputation before this game was played. If this opinion makes me classless I can live with it. It is fairly ironic though that you make statements like that to defend a guy who just humiliated a bunch of high school kids by hanging 91 on them.

Edited by mhs

Obviously you were not at the game. The GP quaterback had 2 or 3 sack fumbles that Alcoa picked up and scored on. He also had a tough night throwing the ball as Alcoa intercepted 3 or 4 for touchdowns. Alcoa played reserves about halfway into the second quarter and all of the second half. I would guess that the Alcoa starters ran less than 10 offensive plays. A freshman had an interception for a touchdown in the second half. I guess that you would have told him to take a knee. I can understand how you could look at the score and assume that the coaches ran up the score, but I was there and that was not the case.

Again..please refer to the three closed threads about Trousdale Co from last week....and you will get a good taste of what is coming your way on here.......

What a Classy way to beat another HS team! I can't belive GP was that bad. Man look at those stats, that team must be really good. Perhaps one day the shoe will be on the other foot. Sorry to see another teams seniors go out like that.

The shoe was on the other foot 2 years ago when David Lipscomb destroyed Alcoa in the semi-final game. Alcoa used the drubbing as motivation to get better. G-P should do the same. Alcoa won't always be dominant in it's region and they will suffer some lop-sided scores in the future. Remember, Maryville won't be dominant forever either. No team will.

What a Classy way to beat another HS team! I can't belive GP was that bad. Man look at those stats, that team must be really good. Perhaps one day the shoe will be on the other foot. Sorry to see another teams seniors go out like that.

I didn't see Maryville's game so I won't post my opinion about that. If you didn't see Alcoa's game don't post your critical, Maryville slanted opinion about it!

Alcoa scored five defensive touchdowns. Lindsey didn't even play enough to get sweaty and still had two scores. Shiverdecker had two carries and still hasn't been tackled. Alcoa was substituting liberally midway through the first quarter and was still putting up points with the subs. One defensive touchdown was scored on an interception by a freshman and another was scored on a fumble return by a senior that has never played football. The last touchdown was about an eighty yard run on a toss sweep by a sophomore. Unless Alcoa started playing cheerleaders the scoring would have continued. G-P was just way overmatched in this one. If I hadn't seen the game in person I would assume Alcoa ran it up intentionally. But, it was just one of those nights where everybody that Alcoa put in was making plays. As another poster said, you can't put in a kid that doesn't get alot of playing time and tell him to take a knee to keep from scoring.

Alcoa scored five defensive touchdowns. Lindsey didn't even play enough to get sweaty and still had two scores. Shiverdecker had two carries and still hasn't been tackled. Alcoa was substituting liberally midway through the first quarter and was still putting up points with the subs. One defensive touchdown was scored on an interception by a freshman and another was scored on a fumble return by a senior that has never played football. The last touchdown was about an eighty yard run on a toss sweep by a sophomore. Unless Alcoa started playing cheerleaders the scoring would have continued. G-P was just way overmatched in this one. If I hadn't seen the game in person I would assume Alcoa ran it up intentionally. But, it was just one of those nights where everybody that Alcoa put in was making plays. As another poster said, you can't put in a kid that doesn't get alot of playing time and tell him to take a knee to keep from scoring.

If that is the case I could be wrong because I wasn't there. Like you said I just saw the final score. I have seen games get out of control but never to that extent. Guess Alcoa is just that good. Just for curiosity sake though what was the Lipscomb score the other poster compared to this one?

The shoe was on the other foot 2 years ago when David Lipscomb destroyed Alcoa in the semi-final game. Alcoa used the drubbing as motivation to get better. G-P should do the same. Alcoa won't always be dominant in it's region and they will suffer some lop-sided scores in the future. Remember, Maryville won't be dominant forever either. No team will.

There are many things a coaching staff can do to keep from pounding another team. Let's not try to fool anyone about that. You are right Maryville won't be dominant forever, as a matter of fact they are not dominate now, But I can assure you class and respect will always be given to a down and defeated opponet. The day that changes, is the same day I will no longer support Maryville.

If that is the case I could be wrong because I wasn't there. Like you said I just saw the final score. I have seen games get out of control but never to that extent. Guess Alcoa is just that good. Just for curiosity sake though what was the Lipscomb score the other poster compared to this one?

It is not so much a case of how good Alcoa was but how bad G-P was. No starters in during the 2nd half and no passes for Alcoa. They pretty much just tried to run the clock out on offense. G-P would have finished last in Region 2. If you have not seen the other scores it was a sweep for Region 2. :lol:

Edited by Coalman