Maryville Rebels...how far will they go?

rowdyrebelfan19

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely no disrespect, but I think a Region 1 team will be playing K. Central in the semi's and the winner will lose to a West TN. team (Melrose?). Hopefully I'm wrong on a West team winning out because I'm a East TN. man. :lol:

Yeah Central ran all over Rhea County tonight didn't they?

If GQ can keep his team focused on the task at hand this team can go along way. This team unlike the others is defensive based and the O has come around. If they maximize the Oto go with that BIG D it coould be impressive what they can achieve

If maryville want's to be the best why don't they move up and beat the best they are definately better than most 5a teams in playoffs.

Move up and try riverdale OR and Ooltewah.

If maryville want's to be the best why don't they move up and beat the best they are definately better than most 5a teams in playoffs.

No one cares about Riverdale, OR or Ooltewah. They are all great Programs and if and when Maryville does move up, they will simply be in the mix as well.

By the way Maryville Beat OR in the pre season and soundly beat W. Blount who Beat Ooltewah during the regular season. Get the idea Sport :lol:

white county by 6 !!!!!!! maryville 's run is over

get a clue there buddy you obviously dont know what you are talking about or you just like to make rediculous comments maryville is a powerhouse built when coach hammontree was there and yes if and when we move up into 5a we will be a powerhouse up there too it doesnt matter what group of kids come through this high school the coaches will make them ball players and have done it for the past few years....we have powell this week should i waste another $7 to come this week like i did last week??? :thumb:

Putting Ootlewah in the same category as Riverdale , OR , or Maryville is a joke !! :thumb: Has Ooltewah ever played beyond the third round ?? Ooltewah has ZERO history in football , for you to think Ooltewah is above Maryville in anything to do with football just shows your ignorance .

The Melrose offense has been lacking this year. They've won several games on defense. I think this match up would be MORE in Maryville's favor this year...if it were to happen.

dheat, your lack of faith hurts. :thumb:

Melrose offense lacking? Interesting. Not my choice of words on them. But for sure one of the best defenses in the state. Teams from the west won't come in rolling over. Last year, JCM scored more points on Melrose than Maryville did in the final game. But right now Melrose has to get past Henry County and Maryville has to get past Powell. Powell and HC are comparable kinds of teams: great atheletes, physical, deceiving records on the books. It will be an interesting Friday night!!!

get a clue there buddy you obviously dont know what you are talking about or you just like to make rediculous comments maryville is a powerhouse built when coach hammontree was there...:thumb:

Actually Hammontree had little to do with it. Hammontree's Maryville teams were awful until GQ came to the staff. Had GQ not come to Maryville and Hammontree stayed at Maryville they would not have had the success they have had over the past five years. Ask Hammontree how his stint in Georgia went.

man all the jealousy is coming out a little early in the playoffs this year. i would have to agree with rebel nation on his word choice there, lacking just about sums it up. awful might even be a better choice, and you might even throw garbage in there just to spice things up a little

:thumb: I suppose you like to spice things up quite alot. Maybe I don't understand your statement on jealousy. I know that I don't feel any jealousy, nor do I think any of the other folks posting on this thread. Nonetheless, I don't proclaim to be a Melrose aficionado but can tell you for certain that their offense is not garbage or awful. Or maybe I am wrong and you are a Maryville fan that spends most of the time in Memphis watching football down there.

Knowing nothing about Melrose prior to these past two weeks, one thing is for sure. Had it not been for a horrendous Melrose kicking game, the championship last year may have looked alot different...

The Melrose offense has been lacking this year. They've won several games on defense. I think this match up would be MORE in Maryville's favor this year...if it were to happen.

dheat, your lack of faith hurts. :thumb:

Always thought of myself as a realist. I see some little things that might bite us hard in a big game!

Edited by dheat