Where's the Sportsmanship?

BUC4LIFE

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So they threw the ball 6 TIMES in the second half while they were up that much! That's ludicrous! Every play should have been a draw play up the middle. And the 'experience' factor is a load of hooey. Since they only have a second string, I'm sure many of them have played this season ... especially since they have been waxing just about everyone else.

TC'ers - come up with a better excuse for the poor sportsmanship. It will make you look smarter at least (well, maybe in your coaches eyes B) ).

WesCharge, I didn't say that it could not be done. I just said that it is against the rules. Call the TSSAA and they will tell you that they do not want to have a running clock. I am not saying that it is right or wrong just that according to the rules it should not be done. I know of a situation where it happened and the official got into a load of trouble for running the clock in a blowout game.

The coach could've punted the ball on first down and let some of his player play different defensive positions.........But don't worry Trousdale if there's ever a year where your down at all and when your coach decides that he wants to play some better competition and play some private schools.......Don't worry your day will come when you see the score 91-0 on the scoreboard and it will be ya'll crying "Why could somebody beat us this bad?".....Then you all can thank your Head Coach..... B)

To all you who have NO IDEA what you're talking about: I was there Friday night and saw everything. Coach Satterfield did in fact have 4 starters on the sidelines (not dressed out). He also pulled the starting team in the First Quarter and put in the second string, with the score at 21-0. It just so happens that our second string can probably play with anybody in the States first string. For that, there should be NO APOLOGY!! You can't put in players that have worked hard all year in practice and in games and tell them NOT TO PLAY!! In doing so, you would lose the respect of the whole team. You people are not taking into consideration that there were 8 fumbles and 3 interceptions by RBS. TC recovered 4 of the fumbles and returned 2 of the interceptiopns for touchdowns (almost all the turnovers were created by our second string players). I sat and watched (and felt bad for the kids of RBS) RBS make mistake after mistake. For that our coach can't apologize either. I think unless you were there and saw the game, you should refrane from making uncalled for accusations against our team and/or coach!! What is it to you people anyway? I have no respect for a member of the press who writes biased articles!! They should be completely unbiased and tell the WHOLE STORY or none at all!! That's all I have to say (for now) except if you get the chance, come to Murfrewesboro on Dec. 2 and watch us play.

B)

That is a horse crap argument TCs Second string has probably played just as much as their first this year , so saying they deserve the chance to play after working hard all year is bogus. they (second team) have had their chance to shine in possibly 9 other games this year. Asking them to lay down or just run off tackle and eat the clock wouldn't be asking to much.

Is it true that TC didn't dress their 4 best players? Yes Is it not also true that the score could have been worse? Yes. My understanding is the score could have been 200-0 if they wanted it to. In this situation I do not have an issue with this score or with Clint Satterfield.

His assistants were gone scouting other teams as well. Sometimes these things happen. I know several coaches in the chattanooga area that will put those kind of numbers up with there 1st team in. Boyd could better explain that point.

His assistants were gone scouting other teams as well. Sometimes these things happen. I know several coaches in the chattanooga area that will put those kind of numbers up with there 1st team in. Boyd could better explain that point.

Will the next 'justification' be that Satterfield called the plays from home while sitting in his lazyboy and watching 'Judging Amy"?

The coach could've punted the ball on first down

Whew boy. If they had done that then you would be hearing a stink about punting on first down and how that was rubbing it in the kids from RBS face. Speaking of RBS, have any of their fans been on to give their side of the story? Trousdale supporters have been. Trousdale haters have been. Those who don't care have been. What about the RBS people. I would like to hear what they have to say.

This article was right on the front page of the Weekend Blitz sports page in the Chattanooga Times-Free Press this morning.

The article is by Steve Hargis (Prep Editor) of the TFP:

Film trouble:Temple faces No. 1 team sans (without) preview

It may be the most horrifying thing on video since “The Exorcist.” Then again, the Tennessee Temple High School football team never got the chance to watch it.

Then again, there are some videos — “Caddyshack II” — you just don’t want to see.

Temple coach Kevin Skogen was never able to contact the coaches at Trousdale County to trade tapes, and therefore he has not previewed what the Crusaders will face tonight in the first round of the Class 1A playoffs.

Top-ranked Trousdale (10-0), which has won five state championships, hammered

hapless Red Boiling Springs 91-0 in last week’s regular-season finale and has an average victory margin of 46-5 this year.

“I was disappointed that they never contacted us to swap films,” Skogen said. “I’ve spoken to several teams who played against them to get as much information as I could, and the bottom line is we know very well what they’re going to do and we can’t stop it. We’re just hoping to match them score for score.

“When some of our kids saw that score, they were like, ‘Oh, my goodness.’ I’ve been told that Trousdale has a history of running it up like that to make a point to anybody who will play them in the future. If we show up intimidated, we’ll lose badly.”

The Yellow Jackets moved back down to 1A this year after four successful years

in 3A, never missing the playoffs during that time. They have taken a lot of negative statewide publicity for the severe beating of a Red Boiling Springs

team that has lost 30 straight games and lost by an average of 51-8 this year. Trousdale, which has not given up more than 12 points all season, was up 63-0 by halftime last week.

“They have more athletes, bigger kids, and they’re supposed to win it all this

year,” said Skogen, whose team averages 32 points per game. “I don’t know

if there are any 1A teams that can line up with them, period. There’s not a piece

missing in their puzzle, from everything I’ve been told.

“Our kids don’t look at trips like this the same way some teams would. They

get into these type atmospheres because they think it’s what high school football

is all about. If we can do the things we do well, we have a chance to have some

fun while we’re up there.”

Edited by BigDogBaller

The real question about if this score of 91-0 was intentional can be answered by remembering that TC also ran it up on Monterey a few years ago by the same 91-0 margin. Satterfield knows X's and O's and has proven to everyone many times that his teams know how to win on the football field. Their exploits off the field are also well known by many local law enforcement officials.

Problem is they have a hard time winning with any class!!!

Wonder what the TC faithful were saying after Coach Pack and the CPA Lions spanked them in the game referred to in the Wilson Post article. I'm guessing that most of them were crying about CPA "recruiting" players and it not being right for them to run the score up that way. I'm also guessing that shortly thereafter "Clint" was on the phone drumming up support to boot all privates into their own class or multiply them out of his way to supremacy!

I have a fond memory of attending a private school that spanked "Clint" and TC and watching him throw his little tirade on the sideline just before the ref's tossed his butt outta the game for unsportsmanlike conduct. It is a sweet memory that I chreish. Satterfield and Co better hope that they don't run into Ensworth (Coach Packs current team) anytime in the near future. Coach Pack might not be so nice next time!!!!

Edited by Volzchamps