TN High @ Hamblen West

randy3116

TN high is not physical enough to play with Mowest. And they won't be able to tackle #3.

Not physical enough? They're probably not big enough, but I think they've been hit on that field enough(DB, South) to "play" with West if Boone can play with them. The main problems I'm worried about are Morristown West's possible passing threats and homefield advantage.

The defense got a little bit of a taste of what their going to be up against with that 230+ pounder from Cherokee. Now they have to prepare for three of them. :rolleyes:

Trojan E:

Our QB, Daniel Booher, has done a bit of both this year and sometimes elects to take it up the field himself.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are one of the heaviest penalized teams in 4A and could indicate a lack of discipline.

It would be interesting to find out where the penalties have been called (home vs. away). I have seen all the games and it seems that we do well away, but have to fight the refs at home.

Friday night's game against Johnson Co was interesting (read ridiculous). From a West fan's stand point it seems as though Johnson Co was given the benefit of the doubt. Their players were extremely agressive (mouthing and gestures). Many times JC tried to get our starters into something, but other than the talk nothing major happened. The refs did what they had to do to keep control of the game, but it was always against the home team for standing up for themselves.

In any event, it was a win for West and a good game. I believe we will be ready for Tennessee High. The seniors are out to prove last year was a fluke and do not have any desire to loose.

Should be a good game.

I don't believe West has anyone who plays both ways routinely.

No one plays both ways, except special teams. Thats why we are so stong in the forth quarter. Everyone gets breaks, especially the defense because of West High's

long sustained drives. Good question! Now, how 'bout the same question for TN. High?

Not physical enough? They're probably not big enough, but I think they've been hit on that field enough(DB, South) to "play" with West if Boone can play with them. The main problems I'm worried about are Morristown West's possible passing threats and homefield advantage.

The defense got a little bit of a taste of what their going to be up against with that 230+ pounder from Cherokee. Now they have to prepare for three of them. <_<

Trojan E:

Our QB, Daniel Booher, has done a bit of both this year and sometimes elects to take it up the field himself.

I have a couple of questions regarding the Vikings:

1. I read or was told TN has about 60 players on roster. Is that correct?; and

2. How big are the defensive and offensive fronts for the Vikings?

I have a couple of questions regarding the Vikings:

1. I read or was told TN has about 60 players on roster. Is that correct?; and

2. How big are the defensive and offensive fronts for the Vikings?

62 players. Not a lot compared to Mo West, but the number of players are gradually increasing. I think Tennessee only had 57 or 58 last year.

Tennessee's fronts have been smaller than almost all of their opponents' this year. With the lack of size and experience, I'm glad they have had a decent season this year.

They also had to get familar with the formations. Instead of the Wing T, they now run the Power I and Shotgun formations.

De'Shaud Johnson #5 starts at WR on offense and CB on defense. Cory Strickland gets a little playing time at fullback and defensive end. Scheuer sometimes plays at TE, but mostly plays on defense. There may be a few more, but I'm not sure.

Edited by THSVikings2004

62 players. Not a lot compared to Mo West, but the number of players are gradually increasing. I think Tennessee only had 57 or 58 last year.

Tennessee's fronts have been smaller than almost all of their opponents' this year. With the lack of size and experience, I'm glad they have had a decent season this year.

They also had to get familar with the formations. Instead of the Wing T, they now run the Power I and Shotgun formations.

De'Shaud Johnson #5 starts at WR on offense and CB on defense. Cory Strickland gets a little playing time at fullback and defensive end. Scheuer sometimes plays at TE, but mostly plays on defense. There may be a few more, but I'm not sure.

Still, that's a good size squad. I'm sure the Vikings will come to Morristown pumped up and I know Coach Woods and the staff will have the Trojans ready. I really expect a good game this Friday night.

Thx for the information.

Still, that's a good size squad. I'm sure the Vikings will come to Morristown pumped up and I know Coach Woods and the staff will have the Trojans ready. I really expect a good game this Friday night.

Thx for the information.

If Morristown West is the team with the most penalties in 4A, Tennessee should be 2nd or 3rd. :thumb:

That could hold the game up a bit.

Thx for the information.

Where do you get your info from? West was penalized the least in their conference!

quik facts:

1. TN has been in playoffs for 6 straight years; overall record is 15-13

2. this Friday will mark the 5th time TN has played West in those 6 years

3. overall, TN is averaging 21.3 ppg while allowing 13.5; median score is 21-10

4. in the last 5 games, TN is averaging 26.6 ppg while allowing 9.4; median score is 27-10

5. West has been in the playoffs for 9 straight years; overall record is 16-12

6. overall, West is averaging 37.1 ppg while allowing 12.9; median score is 38-14

7. in the last 5 games, West is averaging 39.6 ppg while allowing 8.2; median score is 41-8

8. common opponents in 2005 are Cherokee and Johnson County

9. TN-13 Johnson Co.-6; TN-35 Cherokee-12

10. West-41 Johnson Co.-14; West-30 Cherokee-8

11. this year, TN has scored 30 points or less in 8 of 11 games

12. defensively, TN has held opponents to 18 points or less in 8 of 11 games

13. West has scored 30 points or less in 2 of 11 games this year

14. defensively, West has held opponents to 18 points or less in 9 of 11 games

Edited by randy3116