Powell vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then stop being a smarta## on my post and stay off my topics.

A picture is worth a thousand words and if you can't take it then go back to your Powell QB worship. Sounds a little on the sweet side to me dba "Maryvillewho".

Maybe you can go out on a date after next Friday when Powells season comes to an end. :rolleyes:

Profanity, no matter how it is disguised, gets a poster put on moderator preview (or worse) every time, including this one.

This is an odd thought, but if you are Powell, you aren't gonna get too many more shots to beat Maryville. This team is gonna lose a lot of talent after the season, and Maryville will be reclassified after 2009. Powell's lack of depth has been an issue for most of the year, and that is a major concern going into a game like this. If this game is close, I think Powell comes out on top, otherwise, Maryville will win this game big.

Ok boys,

Powell has a great team, athletes, they are loaded, but they play to many people on both sides of the ball. Maryville beats people with depth, discpline and coahing.

Maryville switches four guys around at the defensive tackle postion and switches 3 around at defensive end. And all of those guys are capable of starting and have started.

Powell just plays to many people both ways. That is one of the reasons I think they will lose this ball game.

Edited by rebelman16

rabbleman61,

After looking at your post on the Central-Red Bank thread, I was just about to congratulate you on your improved spelling. BUT the I read this post and my gosh son, no wonder you left Halls for Murville. They probably kicked you out and told you to leave the county.

Have you ever passed the English part of the TCAP test YET?

rabbleman61,

After looking at your post on the Central-Red Bank thread, I was just about to congratulate you on your improved spelling. BUT the I read this post and my gosh son, no wonder you left Halls for Murville. They probably kicked you out and told you to leave the county.

Have you ever passed the English part of the TCAP test YET?

well msgov

I am going to pick up a dictionary after practice.

:lol:

What i dont get is why people are even remotley talking about maryville losing a game to powell. It doesnt really matter how good powell is in my opinion because maryville has not given anyone a reason all year to think that they could get beat. There has not been one game this season that they didnt play up to expectations and I bet it stays that way for the rest of the post season. I just dont see the maryville coaching staff even giving powell or whomever for that matter a chance to win the game. Maryville wins big over powell!!

Maryville 42

Powell 21

Ryan Key is one of the best punters in East Tennessee, but for Powell to pull of the upset, everything will have to go their way, including the kicking game.

I think this could be key as well. Anytime a team plays a defense like Maryville's I expect to see them punt early and often. Tyler Maples is one of the most dangerous kick returners in recent memory in high school football. If he gets a chance to return the ball, it could be a game breaker...

Powell fans -

What's the story on Mr. Watts and the rumors of him leaving the team earlier this season? I read some posts about that here on CoachT, but obviously he's still playing and whatever scattered details I picked up may or may not have been accurate.

Does anyone care to fill me in?