Powell vs. Maryville

FBEmeritus

Just because he can breakoff an unmotivated Hixson team doesn't mean he's going to break off the defending state champs.

I'm sure he's capable of plenty, but all of his passes are high, he can't throw that well. His best pass is the "jump ball" to Smith.

And like I said, he has no moves. I've seen kids with moves, spin moves, swim moves, juke moves. He's just a straight up runner. He's good at what he does though, don't get me wrong.

I understand, and again I know you mean well, but he didn't have to use many "moves" last week. It just wasn't necessary. He was able to outrun your guys without having to use much more than north/south speed.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I changed it.

couple more ours before game time. :thumb:

16 is guarenteed one play tonight. B)

16, it had better be a tackle and a good one :angry::D

Ben, you have no clue. Cody Watts has more moves than a spanish flaminco dancer. The kid has skills.

osunut2, the stats do not bear your premise at all. Cody has been counted on to do it all this year....again.

HTV, Cody won our inagural ET Preps Player of the Week award last week....

Edited by Rebel Nation

Maryville rolls to a 27-Zip vs. Powell. Great team win for the Rebels and how bout that "D"? Two stops insided the red zone with one being on the one yard line twice! Great "D".

Sorry to find out Lawhon was done for the season, the team is less with out him he is a great player.

Thought Powell would give Maryville more trouble but they ran out of steam in this physical game.

Great team Win. Central next!

I guess Watts ran out of moves. I wonder did Smith, Watts and Lowe actually shake Maryville's hands after the game?

Time for Smith to get ready for basketball on Monday.

Congrats to GQ, staff, players and fans on a great win 27-0

Sheppy_33 : Where did that screen name come from?

MSGOV: Are you in Clarksville?

Good win for the Rebels. This was one that had me concerned before the game. Maryville isnt completely healthy and Powell is always physical. Congrats to Cody Watts and Powell on a good season. Cody is the player who always scared the daylights out of me everytime he had the ball. It looked he wasnt 100% healthy either tonight. He played his guts out as always. Rebels looked awesome on defense again. The offense played pretty well also. Ryan Tallent still doesnt look 100% yet but is getting there. Another rebeljohn76 tailgate party next week at 825 Lawrence. ;)

Edited by TheInsider

What more can be said about Maryville's defense?

Maryville was awesome on defense tonight. What a goaline stand. The front 7 was all over Cody Watts.

Tyler Maples is a weapon. Great receiver and return man.

Maryville will need to cut down on the mistakes this week. Central will be tough to beat.

congrats to maryville on a tremendous effort. I hate to see my sr year end on that field like many before me but i have tons of respect for GQ and MHS. Go get the other cats in our region and bring home another gold ball to 3-4A.

To my fellow powell srs who may read this, thank you. Thank you for all the great memories great plays and experiences of the past four years. We'll never be without some stories for the grandkids. Its been an honor to play beside you all and ill never forget these last four years. Playing along side your buddies, your brothers, is what makes high school football what it is, and nothing can ever compare.

To returning players for next year. Step up and make plays and enjoy every second of it. Its over before you know. Especially when you run into a defense like this one lol good luck rebs

I wonder if the new rumor is true? I heard that Stevens asked one of his assistants to get his driver ed certification this summer, also that he was stepping down after this season sighting that the time was to much with county work, teaching, and coaching. With these 2 rumors coming at the same time I wonder if there is smoke were there is fire. I know the Panther nation cannot be happy with 7-5.

Panthers08

You have class! You have figured out what High School Football and High School is all about. I hope you have a great Sr year and do well in your future. Your football team always plays Maryville a good game. Keep your head up. you will be successful in life.

Sheppy_33 : Where did that screen name come from?

MSGOV: Are you in Clarksville?

If you are asking me it is because my last name is sheppley. When i got my screen name a few years ago on yahoo the name I chose wouldn't allow me to use it because was already in use. Yahoo gives you several variations using you first and last name and age or birthdate. This is the name I chose sheppy_33. I tried different variations but for whatever reason yahoo didn't like the ones I chose. Go to yahoo sign up for a free screen. Type your name as let's say HTV and yourzip code or birthdate. Let me know what name yahoo gave you. And by the way if you are referring to me and msgov as the same person then you are sadly wrong. I live in the zip of 37921. Far, far away from Clarksville, thank you very much. Nice try keep digging.

P.S. Go look at my profile now and then come back and tell me what you see. Just goes to show you that when you look at a profile on the internet doesn't mean that it is a correct and accurate profile now does it? Like I said keep digging.

Edited by reddevilfever