Playoffs

TNT

If you want to put the BLAME on someone put the blame where it should go....THE TSSAA.. When you take 4 teams out of a region and 1 plays 4 you are going to get scores like this. (maybe not 90 points) but you are going to get scores one sided...Its all about $MONEY$ to the TSSAA or blame GP for not be able to stop the running game. Its funny when people wasn't thier are complaing..They don't even know what happened....I guess if your son was a 2nd or 3rd team you wouldn't want him to try if he got a chance to play in a playoff game. What would you want a coach to do if he is just handing the ball off. Im sure in the future Alcoa will have the score ran up on them..Wonder what GQ would do if Maryville was playing a team that couldnt stop the run of 2nd an 3rd teamers..(just curious)

Should their be 4 teams out of a region make the playoffs?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to put the BLAME on someone put the blame where it should go....THE TSSAA.. When you take 4 teams out of a region and 1 plays 4 you are going to get scores like this. (maybe not 90 points) but you are going to get scores one sided...Its all about $MONEY$ to the TSSAA or blame GP for not be able to stop the running game. Its funny when people wasn't thier are complaing..They don't even know what happened....I guess if your son was a 2nd or 3rd team you wouldn't want him to try if he got a chance to play in a playoff game. What would you want a coach to do if he is just handing the ball off. Im sure in the future Alcoa will have the score ran up on them..Wonder what GQ would do if Maryville was playing a team that couldnt stop the run of 2nd an 3rd teamers..(just curious)

There were also several 4 over 1 upsets. I think having 4 teams is okay. Round 1 eliminates most bad teams.

There were also several 4 over 1 upsets. I think having 4 teams is okay. Round 1 eliminates most bad teams.

Yes, I believe their was 8 #4's over #1 seeds.

In 1A--Dont believe any

In 2A--#1 Cumberland Gap 43

#4 Olvier Springs 46

#1 E. Robertson 7

#4 Richland 12

#4 Ezell Harding 17

#1 Lewis Co. 14

In 3A--#1 Carter 24

#4 Livingston Acd. 27

#1 Dyersburg 23

#4 Shelfield 26

#4 Haywood 12

#1 Trezevant 7

In 4A--#4 Tullahoma 14

#1 Beech 0

In 5A--#1 Dobyns Bennett 17

#4 Ooltewah 20

Still think only 2 teams out of a region should make the playoffs.

I can see where your coming from, but in my opinion i think the way tssaa controls the playoffs its fine. some people may disagree but it seems ok to me

I think the way it is set up is fine. Sure, you have a few 2-8 teams get in out of a weak region, but I'm guessing Dyersburg fans will tell you this morning that sometimes won/loss records can be deceiving. For a 2-8 team to knock off a 10-0 #1 team in the state is pretty special.

Bottom line, gate receipts drive the first round of the playoffs, and I don't see any chaanges in the 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3 opposite region structure.

If you're blaming the TSSAA on lopsided scores in the playoffs, then you need to blame them for all of the ones that happen in the regular season as well. The argument doesn't work.

The TSSAA just needs to match up the games better. There should never be a blowout as bad as 91-7 (Alcoa-Gatlinburg Pittman). :blink:

That's the coach's fault for not callin the dogs off..the TSSAA can't help it if some iggnorant coach wants to put up 100 points...That's just a lack of class...the TSSAA is doing fine...if it ain't broke don't fix it