Fayette Academy @ Union City

treefitty74

I can pretty much tell you that Fayette Acd hasn't faced the type athletes they will see Friday night and that includes JCS

Haha..its a mutant super strain of athletes only bred in Union City.. <_<

All joking aside..why is Union City talking to much crap?? Who knows, but I do know that they are about to come up on a 1A team who they better prepare for or they will have a rude awakening come Friday. If the boys from Union City get cocky like their fans are then they will be watching the rest of the playoffs unfold from the stands. I am not saying that FA will win but I do think they deserve some respect and hopefully after Friday they will get some. Good luck to both teams!

Oh yea, the CHIEF IS BACK!!!!..let em have it CHIEF!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't think anyone is taking FA -- or JCS, for that matter -- lightly. But, so what if we are? We're not playing in the game. I'll guarantee you that there are about five coaches and 53 players who aren't taking FA lightly. And, they're not looking ahead to JCS (or McKenzie). In fact, you'd probably be amazed at how detailed UC's scouting report on FA already is.

We're simply talking about level of competition -- not just this year but in the previous couple of years as well. And, yes, UC was only 5-15 the past two years before this season. But, either one of those "bad" 2A teams at UC would have been a very good 1A team.

If that hurts your feelings, so be it.

Oh, and I agree with the assessment of some on here that say UC's 1A region is not very strong. Indeed, as I understand it, recently a former UC player came up to a former UC coach and made this comment: "Well, coach, we went from playing in the toughest 2A region in the state to playing in the weakest 1A region."

Can someone clarify something for me? Is Union City`s region suppose to be the best in 1A?? Who exactly decided this?

I think that's mostly preseason hype (which really shouldn't matter anymore, now that we're headed to Week 12, or Round 2) b/c UC and McKenzie were coming down and LC was supposed to be so good (according to all the LC fans here). Then, take into consideration that Gleason started (I think) 4-0 and was ranked in the state. But, neither LC or Gleason was much competition for UC, and UC hung hald-a-hundred-plus-2 on McK and won by three TDs despite Drew's two state records.

I believe, by the time the season was over, the league turned out to be weak and a little top-heavy.

By the way, your prediction? I think you're half right. :thumb:

Well treefitty, I'm gonna tell ya that after the butt whoopin Fayette gave Lake County last week I think that they can do it. Fayette is still on the adrenaline rush from last Friday even though it was a blow out. When we get pumped nobody can stop us. I forsee a good game but Fayette coming out on top because of stamina & our unwillingness to QUIT!! :thumb:

So, FAV, by reading your post, I came to these conclusions ....

Three times this year, you:

** weren't pumped;

** did not have enough stamina;

** and, were willing to quit.

B)

Don't let the upperclassmen on your team see your post, or you'll be MEAT in practice this week. B)

Well, I don't think anyone is taking FA -- or JCS, for that matter -- lightly.

Huh?

I can pretty much tell you that Fayette Acd hasn't faced the type athletes they will see Friday night and that includes JCS...I think Union City will win 34-14....And I wouldn't put all my money on JCS to beat McKenzie....

Union City, setting up an epic UC/JCS matchup in the quarters.

union city wins

Union city by 14

Those are just some of the members on here who are taking FA lightly. I think people from Somerville are really just acustomed to being the underdog. Me personally it doesnt bother, although I think that team is alot better than people give them credit.

Don't be surprised if this game is a blowout -- not a blowout by epic proportions (see Alcoa's first-round win), but a blowout of 3-to-4 TDs.

Then, don't be surprised if UC beats JCS next week by at least 2 TDs, if JCS can get past McKenzie.

I'm just saying that this season has made it very clear to me the difference between 2A and 1A in West Tennessee. And, I'm not just talkng about what UC has done to 1A teams. Look how USJ struggled in 2A after years of dominating 1A.

This is one of those intangibles that people are always talking about.

i seen somewhere where someone from was talking about usj wanting jcs to have to play up to 2A too cant remember where i seen it though

Edited by bulldoggfan

i seen somewhere where someone from was talking about usj wanting jcs to have to play up to 2A too cant remember where i seen it though

Actually, I believe that was a Perry County fan. USJ's struggles this year had absolutely ZERO to do with being in 2A. Fayette Academy beat USJ worse than Milan and Westview did. That was also FA's first ever win against USJ. I've seen Westview, Huntingdon, Milan, and JCS play this year, and, in my opinion, JCS would have been a 2nd seed in 7AA.

Anywho, I believe FA will beat Union City in a good game. Good luck, Vikings! :thumb: