Round 2 - Greenbrier vs. White House

titans89

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over- under at 24......... But a field goal may decide this one. I was glad to see our kicker get the opportunity to kick one in the Polk County game..... It was a good kick. Looked good from 50.......

Matter of fact, our kicking game was really good last friday nite. Can't give enough credit for the win to the kicking game...... Polk county had a long field most of the night.

WH---13

GB---10

Edited by dandy82

Four more days til showtime! Greenbrier gets ready to host White House once again for the second round of playoffs. Both these teams traveled through the playoffs last year and eventually followed the same path to Memphis where White House fell to Melrose in 4A and Greenbrier won over Kingsbury in 3A. As most of you already know, White House fell to Greenbrier in week 10, and as we anticipated back then, here in Round 2 we meet again.

Let's hear your thoughts on the upcoming game....

Edited by EZBeingGreen

White Houses kicking game was solid in the win over Polk County. If it comes to the kicking game, WH is in good shape.

As usual in a game such as this, the opportunity for a big play is huge. Both defenses are playing well so the game may come down on which team can produce a big play.....

The weather looks to be perfect again. Better get there early...... :thumb:

I haven't checked the site in a couple of days, so I'm not sure what happened over in the other thread. Reading over a couple of posts I sort of got the overall idea. This has been a frustrating season in a lot of ways, a 5-5 regular season after all the talk of "dominating 3a" after our showing in 4a, a quarterback dispute, and the end of the well documented streak.

Every team at any level has fans that tend to take things to the extreme. An interception means a QB cannot throw the football, a fumble means a HB shouldn't carry the ball again, a loss means the season is over, etc. That is just the way it is. Blue Devil fans are no exception, especially with the recent success of the White House High School football program. This definitely has been shown with the emergence of online message boards, people get frustrated and things get said that maybe shouldn't be said and are shown to the entire state in writing. Maybe there should be more thinking involved before posting something on here. You represent White House, maybe only in a small way, but every time you speak people read it and say, "Look what White House is saying"... Just something to ponder.

With all of that frustration that could be expressed, there should be praise. This team has overcame adversity to get to where they are. No, record wise they're not one of the best White House teams who ever stepped foot on the field. But guess what? They're still playing in Week 12. We have seen the Blue Devil record book re-written by Ricky Ladd and we've got to see a group of football players grow as men. That's something to be proud of. We love ya, boys.

Two towns with a lot of pride for their teams, obviously. :thumb: This is what it is all about. White House and Greenbrier. Two teams with a lot of class putting it all on the line for the simple goal of just playing next week.

Good luck Greenbrier, this should be a great game!

LET's GO DEVILS!

BDP- Undefinable in words, but evident in emotion

Edited by WHHSMac57

I haven't checked the site in a couple of days, so I'm not sure what happened over in the other thread. Reading over a couple of posts I sort of got the overall idea. This has been a frustrating season in a lot of ways, a 5-5 regular season after all the talk of "dominating 3a" after our showing in 4a, a quarterback dispute, and the end of the well documented streak.

Every team at any level has fans that tend to take things to the extreme. An interception means a QB cannot throw the football, a fumble means a HB shouldn't carry the ball again, a loss means the season is over, etc. That is just the way it is. Blue Devil fans are no exception, especially with the recent success of the White House High School football program. This definitely has been shown with the emergence of online message boards, people get frustrated and things get said that maybe shouldn't be said and are shown to the entire state in writing. Maybe there should be more thinking involved before posting something on here. You represent White House, maybe only in a small way, but every time you speak people read it and say, "Look what White House is saying"... Just something to ponder.

With all of that frustration that could be expressed, there should be praise. This team has overcame adversity to get to where they are. No, record wise they're not one of the best White House teams who ever stepped foot on the field. But guess what? They're still playing in Week 12. We have seen the Blue Devil record book re-written by Ricky Ladd and we've got to see a group of football players grow as men. That's something to be proud of. We love ya, boys.

Two towns with a lot of pride for their teams, obviously. :thumb: This is what it is all about. White House and Greenbrier. Two teams with a lot of class putting it all on the line for the simple goal of just playing next week.

Good luck Greenbrier, this should be a great game!

LET's GO DEVILS!

BDP- Undefinable in words, but evident in emotion

This may sound corny to some but reading this post gave me chills. WHHSMac57, I appreciate what you said and agree from top to bottom. We all get caught up in the heat of the battle and pop off with things that thought about more wouldn't be typed. We are willing to type many things to and about one another that in some cases we wouldn't think about saying to their faces. I've been guilty of that myself and looking back, regret it terribly. I try to remember that when posting but sometimes it's too easy to forget.

Bottom line is, it's a high school football game with young men between 15-18 years old just trying to enjoy their high school experience. Win or lose, good Lord willing we will all get up the next day and go about our business. We need to enjoy the game for what it is, a game !! In the end, both teams be proud of what you've done and congratulate each other for their hard work.

WHHSMac57, thanks for bringing all this back to reality for me and I'll bet if most are honest, for them as well ....