Round 2 - Greenbrier vs. White House

titans89

well guys theres nothing you can do to fix the hurt yall feel inside. but you guys should know yall are a tremendous loss for this greenbrier team. not only the talent but the heart and love for the game you have. i wasn't even on the team but when you guys walked out of that field house and all the cheers that you guys received brought a tear to my eye. Pigg, Herndon, Robertson and all the other seniors have a lot to be proud of and you guys know that. for the rest of the underclassmen you guys know what it takes to win a region championships. lets get back in the weight room and on the practice field getting ready for next year. to white house congrats yall played one heck of a ball game and i know yall are gonna make some noise in the rest of the playoffs. best of luck to ya. good job two both teams on two tremendous seasons. will miss you seniors. and good luck to yall for whatever yall do in the future.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to Go Bobcats! You came back strong and gave it all your heart. We are proud of you guys. Tough night of penalties, but you're the team that broke White House's stupid little streak and snatched that Region Title right out of their hands. After they go to Notre Dame and get their clock cleaned, they'll buy a new sign and you STILL are Region Champs. Nothing can take that away from you....they own crap. They got ONLY scored 7 against us. We had them by 10.

Great season Bobcats. We're proud of you!

GO NOTRE DAME!!

#1- For all you that didn't pick WH in the Big Ones........ OUCH!!!!!

#2- To the fans.... You (we) were great.....

#3- To the doubters........ Nevermind.

#4- To the team.... THAT was a great display of football......

#5- Great gameplan coaches.

To the uninformed, the defense made a few changes and took Greenbrier away from their bread and butter plays....... For the most part, their running game was contained.

I've read a few of the Greenbrier post game comments.... seems there IS annomosity in your hearts... Shame on you..... Some of you ragged me for trumpting 24 years in a row.... But what do I read????? We beat 'em by 10.... they only won by 7....... B) And then comment how we will get beat next week...... Sounds as if your attitudes need adjusting. And one more thing before I comment on the game, you know it, I know it, you would LOVE to be in our place......

I believe Darrin Mcfarland said it best tonight...... NOBODY COMES INTO GREENBRIER AND PUSHES THE BOBCATS AROUND.... EXCEPT WHITE HOUSE..... How appropriate... and how true.....

As to the game, it was as a predicted, a great one. Both teams played hard...... And the game came down to who made a big play..... I thought our running game was much better and Mr. West provided some good runs deep in our territory..... We were not winning the field position battle in the 2nd half.... But we didn't allow Greenbrier to pin us back inside our 15 and force a punt... Thought it was the key to the game.

Kudos to the Pigg kid. That run for thre TD was a thing of beauty. I could feel the will he had from where I was sitting.

But the star tonight was a young man who has been the butt of criticism this year...mainly from our own fans. Take a bow MR. TOWNSEND... You threw two perfect passes when we needed them and without those two throws we go home 7-0 losers.......

Oh, I almost forgot....... BDP lives on.... the rest of you can just go home and sulk......

Hey Dandy unable to attend, give me a run down on the game.

Townsend hit Ladd on a 15-20 yard throw that Ricky takes the distance. Both teams played good defense in the first hald.... But WH played excellent defense with an alignment that had the Bobcats confused and took away #12 from their offense.

Ricky and Justin keep the chains moving the 2nd half, but with around 9 minutes left (I think, some clock problems) Greenbrier puts together a good drive topped off by a 18-20 yard run by the Pigg kid...... Which WAS a thing of beauty..... He leaped over a tackler around the 12 and took it in.....

We get the ball with 5 minutes and gain yards in the running game.... Not huge chunks, but good, hard runs....... Then, in a play not seen by the Bobcats, Fake to Ricky outside, LB bites, and Townsend throws a perfect pass that Ricky takes to around the 25...... From there, we played BDP football, and Ricky takes it in from 5....... BALLGAME......... 24 years in a row........

man why can't the rest of you greenbrier people show some class? we lost fair and square. don't get me wrong. i don't like white house but to go for notre dame next week? thats crazy. espically all of yall saying that white house will get killed. does that mean we would have got killed against them? come on you people need to give some respect to whitehouse.

BDP I was at the game. WH controlled the game most of the way. It is ironic that everyone downs on our passing game, and we threw a 60 yard touchdown pass to make it 7-0 early in the first qtr. We then swapped possessions a few times. Greenbrier right before half drove deep into WH territory but a holding call hurt them... The second half was very similar until 5:00 minutes were left in the 4th qrt. Greenbrier drove down the field and scored. It looked as if GB had taken the momentum of the game. Then the kickoff was returned to the 30 yard line where WH went to work. They drove about 70 yards and scored with 22.9 seconds left in the game. Greenbrier returned the next kickoff to about the 50 yard line but was unsuccessful in anything further. It was a great hard fought game and my hat goes off to both teams......

FINAL SCORE

WH-14

GB-7

Does anyone know how many yards Ricky had. I know it wasn't a spectacular game stat wise. How many rushing, and all purpose. And how much closer is he to the record if he didnt break it tonight. Townsend had a good game. He threw the ball fewer than 5 times. And, as bad as this is to say, when that happens. Devils Win. West had a great game. But i believe the credit needs to go to our D. Max Barrett, Adam Wiss, Jordan Smith, all of you had exceptional games. Jordan had a great pass defense and it was called a Pass Interference, but it was just a great play. That put the Bobcats inside thier 30 with 1st and 10, but the Defense stepped it up. Great game to all of yall and let's look forward to Notre Dame.

To the person who said "we won by 10 they won by 7"..... Yall did and congrats... Even though in the first game u showed no class. You had the game won by 4 with less than a minute on the clock. All you had to do was kneel the ball. That's the reason u won by 10 and not 4. But who won the game that counts?

Edited by BigMonstaNwh