RANKING

wrestlerguy119

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Hamm I know i tried to swim in unchartered waters. I know now what you must go thru every week when you do the rankings. I will leave the rankings to you. But i did notice the ones doing the criticizing did not list there own rankings they just defended there own school. :rolleyes:

:D its perfectly fine! I really enjoy doing the rankings and (even more so) the discussions afterwards. I think it is great when people discuss them both negatively and positively. It lets me know that they are, in the very least, recieving attention and I'm not just wasting my time after church on sundays!

Are there some rankings out? I am not aware of any. Any info is appreciated.

I wanted to give everyone time to participate and to get their rosters in, but this has been a very slow year. I've only recieved 12 rosters from the entire state. (Not to mention absolutely none from Division 2). The first ranking has been set to be submitted this coming sunday, but as I have stated, there hasn't been very much participation. I urge any one from any school in the state to send any and all area from your region or team to please send rosters and weights to matmantn@hotmail.com. Also, the state rankings are a trademark of Tennessee Wrestling Federation and will only be viewable on their site at www.tennwrestling.com

Edited by Hamm

Here is the problem aolisbad. Soddy has knocked off Bradley how many times in the past eight years, twice. So you are saying that because Soddy returns 13 of 14 starters that they will knock off Bradley. I don't think that it was you that said that or it may have been, but my question is (and there is no sarcasm involved in this question) how many of them are three year starters i.e. seniors and how many are returning sophmores? How many placed in the region and or state? Also, if anyone knows the same answers for Bradley please post them. This is an interesting query, nott necessarily good or bad, but interesting. These are two great teams and I would like to know how they are doing these days. As well, how are Clarksville, Franklin, Overton, East Ridge, i.e. the other powers in the state doing? Thanks.

Going into the season...I'd make Soddy #1 . They have a solid lineup from top to bottom and many/most of them will be medalist at State Tournament. Soddy has 12 returning state qualifiers, 4 medalists and one champ (Ryan Fuller). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 38-29.

Bradley would be my #2. They have 9 returning state qualifiers, 6 medalists, 3 finalists and one champ (Travis Creagan). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 32-15.

My pick for #3 is Franklin. They were hurt by graduation but return 5 qualifiers, 3 medalist and one champion (Kelly Felix). They are well coached and have several very good young wrestlers ready to step into the lineup. The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 18-9.

#4 on my list is Science Hill. The Toppers return 11 former state qualifiers, 2 medalists and one champion (Bo Usary). Science Hill has been young for a long time. This year the linup will be dominated by Juniors and Seniors. The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 23-29.

Clarksville is #5. They return 6 state qualifiers, 2 medalist and one 2x finalist (Tom Minwell). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 17-9.

Notre Dame takes the #6 position. They have 9 returning wrestlers with DII State tournament experience and one returning DII State Champion (Jay Adamson).

Collierville is #7 with 10 returning qualifiers, 2 medalists and one champion (Kent Johnson). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 18-17.

Maryville starts the season as my pick at #8. They return 5 former qualifiers and one medalist. The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 9-9.

Going into the season...I'd make Soddy #1 . They have a solid lineup from top to bottom and many/most of them will be medalist at State Tournament. Soddy has 12 returning state qualifiers, 4 medalists and one champ (Ryan Fuller). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 38-29.

Bradley would be my #2. They have 9 returning state qualifiers, 6 medalists, 3 finalists and one champ (Travis Creagan). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 32-15.

My pick for #3 is Franklin. They were hurt by graduation but return 5 qualifiers, 3 medalist and one champion (Kelly Felix). They are well coached and have several very good young wrestlers ready to step into the lineup. The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 18-9.

#4 on my list is Science Hill. The Toppers return 11 former state qualifiers, 2 medalists and one champion (Bo Usary). Science Hill has been young for a long time. This year the linup will be dominated by Juniors and Seniors. The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 23-29.

Clarksville is #5. They return 6 state qualifiers, 2 medalist and one 2x finalist (Tom Minwell). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 17-9.

Notre Dame takes the #6 position. They have 9 returning wrestlers with DII State tournament experience and one returning DII State Champion (Jay Adamson).

Collierville is #7 with 10 returning qualifiers, 2 medalists and one champion (Kent Johnson). The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 18-17.

Maryville starts the season as my pick at #8. They return 5 former qualifiers and one medalist. The combined overall record of the returning qualifiers in the state tournament is 9-9.

VERY WELL DONE; BUT I DO NOT AGREE WITH #'S 1 & 2. YOU'RE TOO NICE BEAR.

Edited by Sommers

bayou bear great post good information. This sounds like a RMC post.

:thumb: its perfectly fine! I really enjoy doing the rankings and (even more so) the discussions afterwards. I think it is great when people discuss them both negatively and positively. It lets me know that they are, in the very least, recieving attention and I'm not just wasting my time after church on sundays!

I wanted to give everyone time to participate and to get their rosters in, but this has been a very slow year. I've only recieved 12 rosters from the entire state. (Not to mention absolutely none from Division 2). The first ranking has been set to be submitted this coming sunday, but as I have stated, there hasn't been very much participation. I urge any one from any school in the state to send any and all area from your region or team to please send rosters and weights to matmantn@hotmail.com. Also, the state rankings are a trademark of Tennessee Wrestling Federation and will only be viewable on their site at www.tennwrestling.com

SUNDAY!!!!!!!! doggonnit Hamm why we waiting so long??You know us wrestling fans have waited long enough!!!!!!!!

I like your predictions, but i've herd Bradly lost Tanner Johnson, to a new School down in that area. Dose this mean that there are others going also, and will Clevland loose some of their wrestlers. I know these teams seem to re-load Year after year, but it will be interesting to see, if this makes a difference :blink:

No other wrestlers transfered except for Johnson. Johnson was going 125 this year right between Mang 119 and Withrow 130. His competition for that spot was senior Andy Morris. It was the most competitve of all the possible wrestleoffs that Bradley had. Morris may have earned the spot from Johnson as they were very evenly matched. Johnson had more varsity experience, but Morris has been in the system for years. It effects depth in the event of an injury but makes little if any difference in the quality of Bradleys 125. Their matchups in the region as opponents this year will be fun to watch. They both could place in the state tournament. They are both quality wrestlers. Bradleys stable of young wrestlers is strong and Lake Forest has provided a good group of freshmen and has a solid group of 8th graders. Dont look for a drop-off any time soon for Bradley.

Brickhousechick.....darn you don't give me much hope. I got this raggedy son of mine in the 8th grade and we'll probably put him in a green singlet and bring him up there next year. He was really hoping for a drop off soon! I hope the boys in red tights don't beat him up too much on December 9th. :blink:

Edited by RMC

Brickhousechick.....darn you don't give me much hope. I got this raggedy son of mine in the 8th grade and we'll probably put him in a green singlet and bring him up there next year. He was really hoping for a drop off soon! I hope the boys in red tights don't beat him up too much on December 9th. :thumb:

Take a kleenex and dob that tear from you eye RMC.....I've already knitted that crying towel for you that I promised on an earlier thread.......Have you ever taken a polygraph? You might be one of the few that could beat it as well as you tell stories!