Someone put my mind at ease! Is Carver in a bad part of Memphis?

Mustanmomma

I hope everything goes well. I had rather be in Iraq than in Memphis! If ya'll had beaten Westview, you wouldn't have to worry about all this crime prevention!!!!

That's not a very nice thing to say. I'm sure there are a few soldiers in Iraq who would disagree.

As far as beating Westview, you worry about Milan and we'll worry about Carver. If things work out, we'll have the rematch we've all been waiting for. We've gotten alot better since week 2.

Edited by VolOne

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously haven't heard the joke about the Memphis QB:

With all the QB problems that Memphis has had this year with injuries, Coach West was watching the news one nite and saw a kid in Iraq throwing rocks and other war items, and noticed he had quite an arm. He sent a recruiter to bring this kid back to play football. From the moment he went on the field, he was spectacular, and Memphis won alot of football games. The boy wrote his mother a letter, saying how much fun he was having. She replied back to him that he was no longer welcomed in the family. She said that he needed to be protecting his family like when he was at home. She told him that she had been beaten, his little brother had been shot, and his sister had been treated awful by some boys. And she had all of Memphis that she could stand, and she was moving back to Iraq!!!!!!

If your scared don't go. What is up with all of this mess, We don't want to go to Memphis or JCM. Memphis is a big city sometime bad things happen in big city's. Tell me how many people were killed or hurt at football game this year in Memphis? The news would have been all over it. Oh by the way. Players at Carver are very worried where they are going to park all the Mobile homes that you will be driving to the game and they ask that you don't spit all over the stadium, Thank You.

The game is played at Whitehaven. It IS NOT a bad area. Get over the stereotypes and rumors!

I'm in agreement with you. I've been to Memphis one time in my whole entire life and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm from Knoxville. But my point of entering this thread is to tell you if you're going into a game looking for trouble you will get it. If you're going into the game looking to watch a GOOD High School football game, you shouldn't be worried about one game. Like Reignydayz said, GET OVER THE STEROTYPES and Rumors...

This same type of thing is said about Austin East Magnet High School, its not a bad place neither is this place in Memphis...

Good Luck to both teams...

Let's GO AE, Get ya Shine on!

Mustangmomma... Why even post this? If you're scared to go, don't go. Stay home and listen to Kent Jones on the radio. Bad things happen everywhere, the mall, county fairs, wives getting even with husbands at home and even in high schools. Why post this is beyond me and I hope they delete this forum..

As parents you should worry every time your child leaves the house not just when we play at Whitehaven.

Edited by Mr. Mustang

It doesn't matter whether you live in Bagdad, Cairo, NYC, LA, Memphis, Nashville, Jackson and yes, Huntingdon. There are going to be bad people that live in these places that do bad things. We can either cower away our lives or go on with our lives. It is important to always be alert to our surroundings and what's going on at all times. Don't go anywhere by yourself and stay with a crowd. The dangerous part of the trip will be while traveling down the road in our cars, not while we are parked watching the ball game. And oh yeah, I am so proud of Chris and Boo for making Mr. Football Finalist. CONGRATULATIONS to them and to their team mates who made it possible.

If your scared don't go. What is up with all of this mess, We don't want to go to Memphis or JCM. Memphis is a big city sometime bad things happen in big city's. Tell me how many people were killed or hurt at football game this year in Memphis? The news would have been all over it. Oh by the way. Players at Carver are very worried where they are going to park all the Mobile homes that you will be driving to the game and they ask that you don't spit all over the stadium, Thank You.

:lol: Good point! I lived in Memphis for over 7 years, and only got killed 3 times! :thumb:

Memphis is predominately black, and blacks are predominately good folks just like us honkies.

Anyone that passes up the opportunity to visit Memphis will miss some of the finest people, and absolutely the best cooking I have ever known.

GO! Have fun! Enjoy the game! If you are approaced by strangers, try saying hello!