Hampton Wins... Coalfield next!

KING'S NEMESIS

Here are the facts plain and simple:

Coalfield and Hampton each won their respective regions.

They both share identical 11-1 records.

Each has went undefeated against Class A teams.

Both teams are very stingy on defense.

Both schools have great fan support.

Each team has all-star caliber coaching staffs with former head coaches dotting each staff.

I have talked to both head coaches and each has nothing but great praise about each other and their teams.

Add all this together and it should make for a great game Friday night.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my team and your team both beat the Commodores. Heat's on Fulmer now, eh? :thumb:

Fulmer desperatly needs a Manning to come fix the situation, or heck, even a Lorenzen..Btw where is he now Mr. Squared...You making the trip to the foot of Cloudland mountain friday night?...Beats going up the dern thing....hope to see you there, but don't embarass yourself by supporting the blue...put on some orange.. :thumb:

Edited by Foster943

Fulmer desperatly needs a Manning to come fix the situation, or heck, even a Lorenzen..Btw where is he now Mr. Squared...You making the trip to the foot of Cloudland mountain friday night?...Beats going up the dern thing....hope to see you there, but don't embarass yourself by supporting the blue...put on some orange.. :thumb:

And when i say Blue, your more than welcome to support some royal Colts blue :thumb:

Edited by Foster943

How did you miss it? Must not let tempers get in the way. I know Hampton is good, I also know that if Coalfield turns over the turnover problem, (they have not turned it over all season like the last two games, and yes d played a part but at least two bad reads were also a part of it), then they can win this ballgame. This has been acused of being an excuse being set up, well no, that is called analysis. So is this: if they give it to Hampton on a silver platter it is over before it starts. As for Cloudland, the Hornay kid was an awesome runner in the first series on tough yardage. However, the lick that put him out was delivered as a clean shot by a Coalfield player in a Goal line defense. Coalfield will hit as hard as Hampton. They have faced a good big line in the form of Wartburg (their problem was not the line, but skill players and cohesion), and survived that bunch.

Hampton can win, Coalfield can win. The series is even, as was Coalfield and Cloudland. That series has gone to Coalfield's favor, this might also.

Horney came into the game already injured.He was playing about 70%,was wearing a ankle brace and tape,he tried but the ankle would not hold up,no big lick took him out :thumb:

Come on, Blue? Man that shirt would have me looking like rsquared during basketball season. Well, I guess I would wear it if it can be modified. Can I put MTSU on it? That would make me a little more comfortable.

That should get rochelle and dalefan on here. Maybe even Cybercoach.

Sorry, CY, Blue is just not your color. :thumb: I have been out of pocket the last day and a half, looks like this thread is going to set a page record before friday. :thumb:

Sorry, CY, Blue is just not your color. :thumb: I have been out of pocket the last day and a half, looks like this thread is going to set a page record before friday. :lol:

rsquared wants your Identity. Told him I could tell but that I would have to kill him then. Clark Kent is a mild mannered reporter. :thumb:

Horney came into the game already injured.He was playing about 70%,was wearing a ankle brace and tape,he tried but the ankle would not hold up,no big lick took him out B)

When I spoke with him he said both ankles were down. He had one taped and one with Ice. Said he had been plagued with it all season.

Edited by CYJacket

Shelton I bet you can help out all your region 1A buddies next year starting from week 11 on. I wouldn't want to be Cosby if they made the playoffs next year (I doubt they will), because region 2A coaches I'm sure our reading everything you say.

hey joeknows let me ask you this. you say i am helping my buddies. yes i did help out Hampton. you know why? THEY ASKED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they picked up the phone called me and asked if i could send them tape or info on Harriman. Harriman never called. if they had i would have helped them as well. i dont recall saying anything bad about region 2a teams if anything verything i said was positive. as for me and JC Campbell we have a freindship that goes way back something you KNOW nothing about. Before you start ASSUMING things maybe you should get to know who your talking to and about. We all know what happens when we ASSUME. So JOEKNOWS guess what you dont KNOW.

Coalfield no turnovers = win

Coalfield 1 turnover = win 50% loss 50%

Coalfield 2 turnovers or more = 100% loss

I think Coalfields defense can stop Hampton given decent field position. However, the offense has to give them that opportunity. I expect a low scoring game, but B. Davis will eventually get loose.

Coalfield 13

Hampton 7

Coalfield no turnovers = win

Coalfield 1 turnover = win 50% loss 50%

Coalfield 2 turnovers or more = 100% loss

I think Coalfields defense can stop Hampton given decent field position. However, the offense has to give them that opportunity. I expect a low scoring game, but B. Davis will eventually get loose.

Coalfield 13

Hampton 7

Its quite possible Hampton could have a turnover. Both teams may find it hard to do what they like to do. I think this game comes down to will, whoever has what it take to get that extra yard. Line play will be the key. I,d like to haer some honest straight up comments from the Cloudland and Harriman side. I just think its going to be a dandy.

I think this will definitely be a great game! I know that both teams are good or they wouldn't be in the position that they are in now. I haven't seen Coalfield play this year so I can only go off of what I have heard on here. And, being a HUGE Hampton fan....I can say....Hampton has a very strong defense. They know what they have to do and when they have to do it....and they adapt to change very well....or they wouldn't have gotten past Cloudland. I know I will definitely be in the stands grabbing my seat way before the game begins....and yes...I will be wearing my Bulldogs blue and white. he he he! I hope that both teams will make this a clean and excellent ball game to watch. This is gonna be a "may the best team win" type of game. My predictions are......

Hampton 21

Coalfield 14

GO DOGS! WOOF WOOF! :thumb: