Lexington vs. David Lipscomb

delicousD

Guest catfish-hunter

Well well folks another Friday has passed and now we are down to just four teams left in Class 3A. Like in week four when they beat the Cheatham Co. Cubs (3-0) and in week seven when they beat Creek Wood (6-0) the Mustangs of David Lipscomb beat up on an unbeaten football team.

They'll do the same thing to Covington next week as well. For all of you who thought that Lexington was just gonna line up and run all over Lipscomb's defense got a rude awakening tonight. The Mustangs have the best defense I've seen on the high school level in quite some time. They run to the ball well and when they get there they DO NOT MISS TACKLES!!!!

Offensively they do what they do and they do it well. I imagine that Elrod had his normal big night and that's just about all that defense needs to win.

Cheatham Co. is the BEST TEAM that Lipscomb has seen thus far on the year and I'm here to say that may be what I say after the Blue Cross Bowl in 2 weeks.

Congrats to Lexington on an outstanding season and most importantly way to go David Lipscomb. You represented Region 5-3A well tonight and I for one hope that you win it all. You are truly a great football team with a great coach in Glen McCadams, who has won 253 games and 2 state titles in 1994 & 2002 respectively.

In case anyone forgot to read it because this thread has gone rotten after a great win tonight by the Mustangs.

Good Luck next week vs Covington B)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheatham Co. is the BEST TEAM that Lipscomb has seen thus far on the year and I'm here to say that may be what I say after the Blue Cross Bowl in 2 weeks.

I don't know if this argument can hold alot of water

I know that Cheatham beat Greenbrier. not even arguing the point of all the Bobcat injuries during that game...the cubs where better that night no doubt.

Greenbrier held the Mustangs to 101 yards rushing on the night and 21 yards passing.

Cheatham gave up 219 yards and 266 yards in their games. not to mention the points.

Cheatham did lose the first game with costly turnovers.

Greenbrier had the fortune of playing Lipscomb early in the year and shut them down.

Not bragging just dont think Cheatham is the best team they have faced...Greenbrier did win.

Lipscomb is the best team I have watched play since the playoffs began.

I have alot of respect for their program and enjoy watching them play.

Good luck Lipscomb in the coming weeks and enjoy practicing on Thanksgiving.

Next Week don't let Covington take over the home stands like lexington did.

Get their early Lipscomb fans

Sacrifice????...can you honestly think that any public school parent/student can relate to $7,000.

How about your neighborhood schools....you would identify what I mean as being "zoned".....exactly how does DL's boundaries work???.......yeah...right

You act like respect from your teammates is only "special" to you and DL.

I didn't say that respect is special to DL. I've seen a number of other teams that show the same sort of unity on the field with the same sort of results. The bottom line is this, its hard to beat a bunch of guys who are playing their hearts out with their buddies. Lipscomb is one of those teams, not the only one, but one of them.

BTW, you still haven't explained why paying for school makes someone a better football player.

Congrats DL on the win,I thought my Tigers could hang with ya, but I guess I was wrong.

Thanks for a great season Tigers, 12-1 is nothing to be ashamed of.

I just have 1 question though, any Lexington player or fan might be able to help me with this: Why wasnt Deshaun Smith under center at least 1 time tonight? He lead the team to a 12-0 record, hes also the starting corner, returned kickoffs, and took a punishment returning punts and being a 5'4 125 pound QB. After taking a beating in the Creek Wood game, he jumped up after every play and did whatever was asked of him. Why wasnt he good enough to take 1 snap in what was his last game as a Lexington Tiger? DL would have beat Lexington anyway, they executed perfectly. But, the trap play to Deberry, the misdirection with Buckley and Smith, and the option play has been the bread and butter for this team all year, it was just strange to see 4 wide outs and Lexington in passing mode the whole game. So if anybody knows, give me a lil insight on this if you can.

Edited by montague1

Guest catfish-hunter

Private or not the men on that team work hard Bulldog.

There is really not that much difference.

Their coaching staff is also excellent.

I completely had a brain fart and did not think about the fact that Greenbrier did beat DL back in week one. Your argument makes my post look rather dumb in reality. Greenbrier is the ONLY TEAM to have beaten Lipscomb the past two seasons, therefore I must say that they do give the Mustangs more fits than anyone else.

Sacrifice????...can you honestly think that any public school parent/student can relate to $7,000.

How about your neighborhood schools....you would identify what I mean as being "zoned".....exactly how does DL's boundaries work???.......yeah...right

You act like respect from your teammates is only "special" to you and DL.

Man, you were right about one thing.... I can't fault DL"s players for winning....only the platform that allows them to play schools that don't have that $7,000 advantage. You act as if no public student works hard enough...lays his body on the line... has respect from his teammates...etc.

A true measure of your program is to see what happens when the multiplier is thrown out and all of the"classy" young men who go to these schools and their families "sacrifice" $$$$$ in the thousands to PLAY each other. Now, that being said...when does DL pull out of 3a and play in a private school region to play all of those other classy and respedted young men????????

Glad to see something profound hit you in the twelve minutes between your responses to the same post. I really wish you would devote more of your time to trying to take away from what these players have accomplished. A true measure of a program is to work hard in the offseason, in practice, and on the field. A true measure of a good program is great coaching, in football and in life. A true measure of a great program is a strong CoachT contingent, who in this case happens to be better than your school's. There's your $7,000. King's to you.

To DL Players and Fans: Thank You for your hospitality. Great fans and one heck of a football team. We're rooting for y'all to go all the way and take home the state championship now. If we had to lose we want to have lost to the best. And after the game tonight... I don't doubt we did.

Lexington fans: Way to show your support. I know the team thought it was really cool to see the visitor stands full of Tiger fans, half of the home side full of Tiger fans, and then the sidelines packed with more Tiger fans.

I know some Tiger fans think we got away from our usual game plan tonight with not playing Deshaun at QB but this is because the coaches and team respected the Mustangs Defense enough to think they had to bring something else to the table. It was an all or none game plan... and it obviously ended none. I believe they had hoped to play him some there but just got too far behind and had to keep passing. But tonight it wouldn't have mattered what we brought to the table, we just didn't have what it is going to take to beat a team that well coached and prepared. I wanted our mighty Tigers to win but I believe a little better team walked away victorious. I talked to some of the players and they were truly frustrated at the fact that no matter what they did Lipscomb had an answer for it. Then the play calling and defensive setups for Lipscomb kept the Tigers off balance on both sides of the ball all night long. The score could have been a little closer, but we just couldn't capitalize when we did have some momentum. But oh well, that's the way it goes.

We're as PROUD of our TIGERS as ever. 12-1 and probably the best TEAM Lexington has ever had. Way to go boys! Keep your heads high. Thanks for a great season and all the wonderful memories. Kevis you are in our prayers.

I say more like DL42 LEX.10 I really dont believe that lex. can score that much. on another note no one on here can compare two teams that havnt played each other by there previous games like saying becuase the lex. and cw was so close and the cw and dL game wasnt. cw didnt play as well that night as they did the 3rd and 4th quarter at lex. i say if creek wood had EVER play all quarters anything like the way they did against lex. then we would have been saying cw 42 dl 10 .

lex. count your blessings you made it this far becuase if you dont step it up a notch then your heading for a real bad weekend.

............................................................................................................................seems you made the best prediction than all the other 200+ on this thread..i would have thought that Lexington would have scored at least once but a zero says DL is for real..now you must face a team in Covington that has played against much better competition than Lexington has..however DL will be as prepared for Covington as they have all others they have played this year...too much on the table.. like many others i truly dont know how or who came up with the mulitplier and why some of $$$$ schools still get the advantage of playing public schools and some dont...$$$ i suppose!! :thumb:

Congrats to Lipscomb. You guys, well, wore us out. Geez your front 7 was fast.Good luck the rest of the way.

Montague-

Simple, to have a chance, Lexington had to throw the ball. As good as Deshaun has been, he's not a good passer. If Kevis couldn't get outside on them, Deshaun wouldn't have either.

Covington fans-

GET THERE EARLY!!!!!

Tonight is the night!!! DL better habe it because lexington is bringing it!!!!!!!! Their will be more red than purple and yellow be ready for these country hicks!!!!

Well, footballchick was right on this one. There was a lot more red there than purple and gold. Unfortunately for her, that has nothing to do with who wins a game.

Congratulations to Lexington on a great year. Going undefeated in a regular season is so difficult to do. Hope your #4 is OK this morning and everyone got home safe to west Tennessee.

I stick by my statement in another thread. Cheatham Co. is still the best team we have seen in 13 weeks.