Riverdale @ Cookeville

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i remeber i played in 85 86 and both times we had to go to tech and it was like concrete i wished also that we had the stadium that they have now but i gues late is better than never

Think about how is was for me, The Squad, and some of the others on here. That slab of concrete was the only home field we ever played on from grade school all the way through high school! :thumb: The only time that field was fun was when it was rainy! You could hit it and slide for about 10 or 15 yards! :)

Yes i remeber i played in 85 86 and both times we had to go to tech and it was like concrete i wished also that we had the stadium that they have now but i gues late is better than never

Naw man you're my age.I played against you. :)

1985 We played @ MTSU and Riverdale won 21-19 after Cookeville had a 4th quarter lead. In 1986 we played @ TTU. Riverdale won 20-7.

In 1985 Cookeville lost 21-20 to Oakland in O.T. & 21-19 to Riverdale. Those 2 losses kept Cookeville out of the playoffs in 7-AAA that year! :thumb:

Good luck in the 4th!

THE SQUAD

Edited by THE SQUAD

Naw man you're my age.I played against you. :)

1985 We played @ MTSU and Riverdale won 21-19 after Cookeville had a 4th quarter lead. In 1986 we played @ TTU. Riverdale won 20-7.

In 1985 Cookeville lost 21-20 to Oakland in O.T. & 21-19 to Riverdale. Those 2 losses kept Cookeville out of the playoffs in 7-AAA that year! :thumb:

Good luck in the 4th!

THE SQUAD

I was a freshman in 85 and we had to go to tech we won the district both years by beating oakland in fact i saw one of my former teammates and we was talking about how good we were and what we could have done if we had the coaching staff they have now LOL we had a lot of talent

I was a freshman in 85 and we had to go to tech we won the district both years by beating oakland in fact i saw one of my former teammates and we was talking about how good we were and what we could have done if we had the coaching staff they have now LOL we had a lot of talent

Hey riverdaleman,I was a sophmore in 1985.We(CAVS)lost to Oakland 21-20 in O.T. at Tennessee Tech.Then we lost to Riverdale 21-19 at MTSU.

That made the CAVS 3rd in District 7-AAA & kept us out of the playoffs! :thumb:

Good luck against Oak Ridge!

THE SQUAD :)

it was am amazing game.. cookeville was everything they were hyped up to be... and even more.. they didnt give up when we scored early.. they stayed in the game all the way till the last minute.. great heart from them.. who in the wolrd is # 47?? that dude is a hoss.. gosh i would be scared to see him on the field.. please tell me he is a senior..

one thing i didnt like.. it proved to me once again that some riverdale fans are IDIOTS.. i was sitting in the crowed with my mom.. and the lady behind us was hoping that cookeville players would get hurt.. i mean come on lady their high school players.. be good sports.. just something totally STUPID i heard.. great year Cavs and lets go warriors.. the road to oak ridge is finally guys..

i agree. definitely beatable. both teams played hard and it was a good game. Rhs just played a little better...rhs is good...but 19th in the nation....i doubt it

I think they are currently 7th in the Tony poll.

it was am amazing game.. cookeville was everything they were hyped up to be... and even more.. they didnt give up when we scored early.. they stayed in the game all the way till the last minute.. great heart from them.. who in the wolrd is # 47?? that dude is a hoss.. gosh i would be scared to see him on the field.. please tell me he is a senior..

one thing i didnt like.. it proved to me once again that some riverdale fans are IDIOTS.. i was sitting in the crowed with my mom.. and the lady behind us was hoping that cookeville players would get hurt.. i mean come on lady their high school players.. be good sports.. just something totally STUPID i heard.. great year Cavs and lets go warriors.. the road to oak ridge is finally guys..

You heard one person say something and that makes Riverdale fans idiots? Someone posted this week that they were going to injure Gaston. I took that as one person being an idiot and did not think it applied to Cookeville fans in general. I guees that's just me.

#47 is Shane Bates. He is a JUNIOR. He is an awesome football player.

As for the game. I think that Riverdale played an awesome game. So did Cookeville. On that last drive, RIverdale really showed up.

As for the players, Guys, it has been a heck of a year. You guys played your hearts out, and nothing hurts worse that playing your heart out and coming up short. In my opinion, you guys are the best team in this state, hands down. You guys really showed Riverdale what Cookeville football is all about, and you guys should keep your heads up, cause you guys played an awesome game!!!!! GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two great teams, one great game. riverdale has been there before and it showed at the end. No trash talking from me.

On to Oak Ridge - seems like thanksgiving is getting to be a Riverdale-OR weekend the past few years.

Yeah, but you guys haven't shared very well in the past. And that doesn't go with well with the holiday season. Hopefully it's OR's turn to cook the turkey....Gobble, Gobble...

Have a Safe drive to OR....

Roll Wildcats.......