Mississippi vs Tennessee

Tigersteve44

If everyone is that worried about it then why don't we have a play off system with all the teams in the country. Have them in Classes such as enrolment like we do in the state of Tennessee

you could have them at neutral sites such as college stadiums and have them play regional opponents and then make their way up to a national stage preferably centrally located.

The only thing about it is some school systems don't have the money to do things like that although it was a good thought.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unapproved website.com has were you can project match-ups and it tells you the outcome of what the game would be if they were to actually play..usually the projections are pretty close to actual real game scores so i put in riverdales 2005 team to south panolas 2005 tem and here is what they projected

at South Panola (Batesville, MS)

[2005] South Panola (Batesville, MS) 31, [2005] Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 20

at Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN)

[2005] South Panola (Batesville, MS) 28, [2005] Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 21

at neutral site

[2005] South Panola (Batesville, MS) 28, [2005] Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 21

so then i decided to play around with it and i put riverdales 2004 team against south panolas 2005 team and it projected this

at South Panola (Batesville, MS)

[2004] Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 27, [2005] South Panola (Batesville, MS) 24

at Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN)

[2004] Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 28, [2005] South Panola (Batesville, MS) 21

at neutral site

[2004] Riverdale (Murfreesboro, TN) 28, [2005] South Panola (Batesville, MS) 22

so one of them has riverdale winning and one has riverdale losing...keep in mind this is a projection not what the actual score would be

Edited by Riverdale06

If everyone is that worried about it then why don't we have a play off system with all the teams in the country. Have them in Classes such as enrolment like we do in the state of Tennessee

you could have them at neutral sites such as college stadiums and have them play regional opponents and then make their way up to a national stage preferably centrally located.

The only thing about it is some school systems don't have the money to do things like that although it was a good thought.

I guess 30 games might be too many. :thumb:

I would love to see either Maryville or Riverdale play St. X from KY. They have a tradition almost as big as Maryvilles current one. Ive seen them play while I was going to school at UK. Great team, and as mentioned before both Maryville and Riverdale always have huge crowds for away games.

I've got an idea...........why don't Maryville and Riverdale play each other????????

Why not play the best in state before worrying about out of state opponents.

See you don't even know who the best team in Tennessee is yet.

Ole Dad

Most people in Memphis are aware of the best team in Mississippi (Bastesville's South Panola High). Most people in Mississippi refer to them as South Panola U. The Tiger has outscored foes 1,584 - 379 in a 40 game winning streak. They have been ranked in the USA Today Super 25 top ten for the last 3 years. Can Riverdale beat them? B) (Take a look on Germantown fared against them this year.)

Those "weak DIV II PREP" teams just happen to be 52-20 versus DI-5A teams and 42-8 versus DI-4A teams since the split in 1997.

Statistics don't lie redroll, but you could also make the point that the top five or six schools from each public classification would have a similar record, if not better, against their own and the Div-II schools. Either way good teams win. I'd take maryville at four wins to a loss vs a D-II schedule.