Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

Let it go...this is 2005, not 2003. I find it hard to believe 20 hours would make a difference, and would expect a team as talented and well coached as Maryville is always adequately prepared and able to adapt to whatever circumstances may face them. There is no question Maryville is talented and well coached - they've certainly proved it over the years.

Let's let the kids and coaches decide things Friday night. Safe travels to the Maryville faithful during the trip to Morristown.

i agree totally , i wish some Maryville fans would quit bringing up 2003 . We lost , they won ... history . Let's make some new history friday .

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you at the same game I was at Friday? If West had not fumbled on the 10 and 8 yard lines in the first half that game would have been over at the half. And the Death Valley magic (also know as bad officiating) led to the only score that South had in the first half. South got the ball back after a terrible call on a West 3rd down completion the refs ruled the West reciever was out of bounds. He had both feet planted in bounds easily. So you can say South played as bad as they possibly could, but how about some credit to West that maybe there defense accounted for some of South's bad play. I mean it took South 15 mintues to get the first first down of the game after they were down 13-0 and could have been more.

Say what you want about #3 not running hard but he ran it hard enough to clip off 165 yards...alot of which came up the middle. And I saw #3 and #40 drag a few rebs for some extra yards. They were both big and tuff. I think you said it right when you mentioned "jealous"...don't be a sore loser and give some respect to the other team. MoWest could have easily put 60 on the board

Maybe you are correct in hind sight. Maybe I'm not giving West enough credit. They do have a good line and good RB's. I still say they would be much better letting some of their studs go both ways though. A lot of high school coaches make this mistake I think. Put you best 11 on the field and let them play. They are only 15-18 years old. They should be in good enough shape to play 3/4 of a high school game. I'm telling you, #40 would be a GREAT LB. And, I'd get #10 the ball more on O. Maybe put him at TB every now and then. #3 is very strong, but he does not hit the holes hard enough. Please believe me on this. You'll see when the play a Def. with bigger Def. line than what we had. West's O line did a great job of blocking our smaller line and gave West's RB's more time to get into our Def. backfield. I may be wrong, but I think Maryville will win big. Once again, congrats to West and congrats to South on a good season.

hey now, we played about as bad as we could also last night, had about 4 turnovers on drives leading to scores, it could have been around 35 to 6 at halftime. and the scoring with 2 minute thing, i hope your not trying to say we were a lack of class by doing so, cause we just ran it up the middle, and he just broke it. we werent trying to run anything up. great game south.

Yes, I guess you did play bad, but so did South, so I guess these points are a wash. But, I do disagree with having your first team on the field leading by 21 with two minutes to go even though, as you said, you just ran it up the middle. Besides, what if you had broken a foot or something? Just not smart to me. You guys do have a good line. I was impressed with you. You are not only big, but athletic too. I bet you'd like to play some Def. wouldn't you? Good luck vs. Maryville.

MoWest has a real good offensive line and big powerful backs. Their offense might be in some trouble if they get behind early cause they havent had to throw the ball much at all. On defense West has good linebackers, but their front 3 or 4 can be pushed around a little bit. If West can keep it close I think they win it in the 4th quarter.

I sure hope the actual kids that are playing for maryville dont think its gonna be so easy!

You won't hear the players or coaches saying the game will be an easy win, because Coach Woods is a class act and has the Rebels respect, mainly because MW's ruined what could today be an attempt at a 6 peat! Beside the reb's have fans like me to do that for them! :huh:

Seriously, the main difference is the Maryville Players Know they are going to win and the Morristown players think they can win. Big difference!

I think when Maryville puts 14 or 21 points on the score board around the end of the first quarter or early in the second, Morristown could have a tough time keeping their composure. Region 2 is nothing like Region 3 where there are 5 teams that can beat any team east of knotzville. Now you might want to point out MW's success vs. Knotz West where MW got an OT TD from the 10. If that is giving you comfort think about this fact. The top 4 teams in 3-4A hung 127 points on Knotz West in four games. Knotz West scored a huge 68 in return. Knotz West also hung 38 points on those trojans in the process. I also noted that MW's QB King tossed a total of 49 yards passing in this 4 qtr game plus one overtime series.

You might be able to get away with being one dimensional in Region 2 but you won't make the play-offs in Region 3 playing that way. If those facts are not enough, I’ll have more thoughts later after some of the MW’s posters get on here and start calling me names and telling me I am stupid.

I think Maryville soundly beats Morristown West

I know the spring was a long time ago but powell absolutely detroyed mowest in a spring scrimmage. Maryville had little to no trouble at all taking care of powell two weeks ago.

Congrats on the big win over the cats rebs i was there behind the central cheerleaders cheering on the best team in the state. It was kinda nice to be cheering for a team and know that there was no way they were gonna lose the game. Must be nice to be a maryville supporter.

Im guessing maryville wins this game just as easily as they won the game with TN High last year. You had a good run mowest but you guys dont have a chance come friday night.

Edited by Panthers08

Who are #20 and 30 for Maryville size and weights. They can really play.

# 20....Ryan Brinkman........I'm guessing about 6'1" and 175

#30 Landon "Cowboy" Hall. .....Landon is about 5'10" and 175. Landon is one of the top wrestlers in the state in his weight class. Finsihed 3rd his freshman year and maybe 4th last year. Someone may need to check those finishes but both years he was in the mix at the end.