Maryville @ Morristown West

FBEmeritus

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me state that I am a West fan. I believe in the West team and the West coaching staff. I have no doubt that we will be ready to play and will give the Rebels all that we have..

That being said, there is no doubt that all roads to the ship go through Maryville. Coach Quarles has built an amazing program and his team is always ready to play (you cannot argue with their record). It is only fitting that we measure our success and ability against Maryville. There has not been a better program in recent years.

It is unforuntate that this is the semi-finals. There is not going to be a better 4A game and the state game will be anticlimatic no matter who wins.

I feel it will be a close game, but know that if West plays their game and is able to keep it close we will win. However, if Maryville gets on a role and puts us down early, it will be a tough fight to come back.

I see a repeat of '03 with West winning by a field goal (hopefully the ball will cooperate and go through the uprights this week).

I was at the Knox West vs. Morr. West game as well as the Knox West vs. Maryville game. It appeared that Morr. West had trouble with the speed of Knox West. They were a little shocked I think by the diversity of Knox West's offense. Obviously Morr. West shoved the ball down their throat 4-5 yards at a time and prevailed in overtime 41-38. Knox West had close to 400 yds. of offense in the game.

Knox West moved the ball on Maryville very well , but only had 12 pts. to show for it and they all came in the 1st half. 14-12 at the half.

The difference I saw was that the Maryville team had much more speed as a team and could recover when Knox West had a step on them. Also, Maryville's kids had tremendous composure when it was so close at the half. Morr. West gets credit for keeping it together but, the size difference was overwhelming and a huge advantage in the overtime format. That won't be the case this week. Maryville has Tucker and Co. on defense and will (not always but enough) take the run away from Morristown and make them throw it. I like the QB of Morristown but he cannot beat Maryville's secondary.

This is an interesting matchup but the schedule of Maryville will help them when times in this game get tough....

Maryville by 14!

I was at the Knox West vs. Morr. West game as well as the Knox West vs. Maryville game. It appeared that Morr. West had trouble with the speed of Knox West. They were a little shocked I think by the diversity of Knox West's offense. Obviously Morr. West shoved the ball down their throat 4-5 yards at a time and prevailed in overtime 41-38. Knox West had close to 400 yds. of offense in the game.

Knox West moved the ball on Maryville very well , but only had 12 pts. to show for it and they all came in the 1st half. 14-12 at the half.

The difference I saw was that the Maryville team had much more speed as a team and could recover when Knox West had a step on them. Also, Maryville's kids had tremendous composure when it was so close at the half. Morr. West gets credit for keeping it together but, the size difference was overwhelming and a huge advantage in the overtime format. That won't be the case this week. Maryville has Tucker and Co. on defense and will (not always but enough) take the run away from Morristown and make them throw it. I like the QB of Morristown but he cannot beat Maryville's secondary.

This is an interesting matchup but the schedule of Maryville will help them when times in this game get tough....

Maryville by 14!

I think we might have been suprised by the speed bc it was early in the season but i think we've grown pretty use to any speed since we're well experienced with it.

Edited by TheTrojan08

First let me state that I am a West fan. I believe in the West team and the West coaching staff. I have no doubt that we ......

It is unforuntate that this is the semi-finals. There is not going to be a better 4A game and the state game will be anticlimatic no matter who wins.

..... be a tough fight to come back.

Anticlimatic no matter what? :lol: Pretty powerful statement considering the two teams that are left from the West. I would say that if it is a rematch of Maryville/Melrose it will just as exciting if not more than last year - nothing anticlimatic about that. Or if it is a Hillsboro/MoWest game, that will be one that is exciting in its own right. Just because Maryville and Morristown West are the only undefeated teams left doesn't mean that it is the only good game left!

I think we all remember the day about 2 years ago when Maryville came to Morristown West as confident or even more confident than they are right now! Yes, that's right, all the seniors on this Maryville squad remember that cold Saturday morning and don't think for one minute that it hasn't made them a little nervous.... maybe even a little scared...

A Beautiful Saturday Morning :lol:

Go MoWest!

As much as I hate to admit it, this poster does have some truth in his statement. I have spoken with the some of the kids, and they would much rather Sullivan South would have won so they would not have to return to Morristown West in a playoff atmosphere. I am not saying for one second that they are scared, just maybe slightly intimidated.

Good luck to both teams and everyone have a safe trip to Burke-Toney.

(even though the kids aren't scared... I'm scared to death of them Trojans) :lol:

We look forward to a great game in Morristown on Friday between two class teams.

Wishes for a great Thanksgiving to all and safe travel to all MHS fans and players coming to Morristown.

Good Luck Trojans....you have played hard and have been dedicated to this program all year...Now is when all of that pays off. Go have fun and play your best.

Trojandad2006.

Father of OT50.