huntingdon should be the favorite based on what they've done the last two years

goodpasture plays well when the underdog in the playoffs and

the home crowd should help

cougars 31-28

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture played an impressive second half to beat Camden while Huntingdon pulled out close to a miracle to beat Milan.

Goodpasture has won both meetings:

1999 2A finals: 31-6

1996 Semi's: 14-6

What's everybody got to say?

Thank God we're in the 21st century!! The Huntingdon team Goodpasture will be playing this week is not the same team you played in the '90's. That '99 game got us "over the hump" and we're no longer intimidated by the "Big Show"!! The Mustang entourage includes "Thunder and Lightnin'" along with others that will be playing up a "storm"! Look for the air and ground attack from HHS, along with anything else the 'Stang coaching staff can cook up. Don't forget the D-line! I've heard G-pasture has a decent running game with a triple threat at RB. The 'Stangs have proven they can handle any type of O. Look for the H-boys to handle this team just as effectively!!!!

GO 'STANGS!!!!!!!!! ;)

I think Huntingdon will win as well and this will be the game I attend next Friday night so I look forward to meeting any of you who'd like to meet the Catfish ;)

Goodpasture has seen the Wing-T this year (David Lipscomb) and quite frankly they did not play that bad. That was Whit Mahan's first start at quarterback for the Cougars, in the place of at the time an injured Coleman Stroud. Mahan led the Cougars to a 7-3 lead over Lipscomb (who will win it all in Class 3A this year). That lead lasted all the way until midway through the 4th quarter when Lipscomb exploded for 21-points in the final seven minutes of the contest to win 24-7.

Offensively the Cougars run the Wing-T. Stroud is back at quarterback and he can throw the ball. I WILL UPDATE THE STATS AFTER I GET TONIGHT'S STATS OF THE GOODPASTURE-CAMDEN GAME!!!! Here is what the Cougars had accomplished offensively heading into tonight's game:

Shantz Medley (#38): 121 carries for 945 yards and 15TD's

Reece Lovell (#44): 170 carries for 916 yards and 8TD's

Tracy Mayes (#22): 79 carries for 636 yards and 7TD's

Coleman Stroud (#1): 30/51 passing for 769 yards and 11TD's (Whit Mahan started a couple of games in his place earlier this year)

K.J. Beavers (#85): 26 receptions for 605 yards and 6TD's

The Cougars are 10-3 on the year and outside of that Lipscomb loss the other losses for Goodpasture came vs speed teams (that's why I thought Camden could beat them tonight). PJPII beat them 55-52 in the wildest game that the midstate has probably seen this year. Golden Tate had 210 yards of total offense and 5TD's that night for PJPII. East Robertson also beat Goodpasture. East Robertson has a couple of backs that can fly too in Tico Andrews and Carlos Hudson. The Indians beat Goodpasture 49-46 on their way to winning the Region 5-2A title in the regular season.

My early pick would be as follows:

Huntingdon: 35

Goodpasture: 21

Thanks, Catfish, for the update on G-pasture. Look forward to seein'ya Friday night. How's their defense? :o

Camden fan here. I've seen Goodpasture and Huntingdon both this year and I think it will be a tremendous game for both schools. I'm giving the edge, based totally on how they both played against Camden, to Huntingdon. I'm not knocking Goodpasture but I think Huntingdon can score enough points on them to get the job done.

Camden fan here. I've seen Goodpasture and Huntingdon both this year and I think it will be a tremendous game for both schools. I'm giving the edge, based totally on how they both played against Camden, to Huntingdon. I'm not knocking Goodpasture but I think Huntingdon can score enough points on them to get the job done.

Thanks, I think so, too. Congratulation to the Lions for a great season!! Your program is definitely improving. Ya'll made to the 3 round and that is hard to do. If you're not doing anything Friday night, come to Nashville and help us support our 'Stangs to another V! GO 'STANGS !!! ;)

I hope Shaka Hill doesn't have a younger brother on this year's Cougar team. I can still see him in the Championship game back in 99'. Has Gp changed their offense or have they always been a Wing-T team?

What gives with GP on giving up over 45 points in a couple of games?

Goodpasture is back to the Wing-T. They got away from it the past couple of years, due to a man named Patrick Turner, I don't know if anyone here as heard of him. This is going to be a tough physical ball game, no blowouts this Friday night. Goodpasture gave those many points up to some very good teams and athletes, but if you notice they were in those games as well.