Riverdale @ Oak Ridge

deepseadiver829

I have been away eating and visiting. I know it has been said, but Congratz to the Oak Ridge Catz. I will be in the stands cheering for you even if My Rebels come up short. It is a pleasure to know two classy programs from my home area will represent us in the State Championship games. Lets both bring home the gold.

Congratz to Coach S in his first year at OR, I knew you could beat Riverdale. Go Catz!

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of observations on the game I wanted to share....

Oak Ridge came out early and set the tone of the game. Connor Gulmire threw the ball very well early and was able to complete key passes downfield. Revel Coffey was a force on both sides of the ball. The poster that referred to Riverdale's DB falling down on the TD pass to Alonzo Douglas was correct, however I'm not sure that it would have made a difference had he kept his feet. That's one of those things we'll never know for sure.

Riverdale did not want Spencer Gulmire to beat them, and early on, they kept him bottled up. Toward the end of the game, Spencer was able to get good yardage as it seemed the Wildcat offensive line was able to open up some running lanes for him.

I think Oak Ridge's defensive front was able to get enough pressure on Thomas to make him tenative at times. Gaston Miller scared me to death early in the game. He was very quick to the hole, made great moves past the line of scrimmage to get past OR's linebackers a few times and definately showed to me why he is a Mr. Football finalist.

Riverdale was a classy bunch. I saw several times where a Warrior player congratulated a Wildcat player after a play.

As far as attendance goes, the home reserved stands were packed, I believe the lower stands were also (although I didn't leave my seat to see). The visitor side was full except for the first couple of rows where visibility isn't good at all. I would put the total at between 10,000 and 11,000. I have never seen folks lining up on the bank between the visitor stands and the scoreboard. That was nice to see.

As far as who gets what from the gate. TSSAA gets 50% of the gross receipts and are responsible for the game officials, chain gang, tickets, awards and catastrophic insurance. The home team gets 25% and are responsible for all on-site expenses. The visitors get the remaining 25% and are responsible for their travel expenses. The home team gets all concession proceeds, and .50 cents for every program sold with the remaining $2.50 going to the TSSAA.

Riverdale fans, your team has nothing to hang their heads about, and I don't see that happening. I know the Warriors will be back in 2006.

Edited by firstbasetn

I have a couple of observations on the game I wanted to share....

Riverdale was a classy bunch. I saw several times where a Warrior player congratulated a Wildcat player after a play.

You got that right! I know of at least a few times where I saw a Riverdale guy help up one of Oak Ridge's players. It was very good to see. B)

Lost

We need to get Bounder a permit to cook Ribs in front of the stadium Saturday. They were the best I've had. He and Meyers did a great job. I'm thinkin about 12,000 were in attendence although as time goes on 25,000 will swear they were there. See ya Saturday.

Ole Dad

Yes we can eat. Bounder the ribs were G R E A T ! ! ! ! :thumb:

Y'all were right about the visitor side having great seating. It was BIGGER than Wilson Centrals home and visitor side combined! Only down side I could find is the hike it takes to get to it. B)

Lost

We need to get Bounder a permit to cook Ribs in front of the stadium Saturday. They were the best I've had. He and Meyers did a great job. I'm thinkin about 12,000 were in attendence although as time goes on 25,000 will swear they were there. See ya Saturday.

Ole Dad

Yes we can eat. Bounder the ribs were G R E A T ! ! ! ! :thumb:

Y'all were right about the visitor side having great seating. It was BIGGER than Wilson Centrals home and visitor side combined! Only down side I could find is the hike it takes to get to it. B)