Riverdale @ Oak Ridge

deepseadiver829

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what Farragut said before both games 1st game 350yrds. 2nd game 244 yrds. will see friday if your boys can stop him.

OR 42

RH 28

Um I think you had a dream of last years game but got the teams mixed up becuase Riverdale was the team with 42 and OR had 28.

To be truly honest I think Oak Ridge is the better team this year. Do I think Oak Ridge will win.........NOPE. I think it was great for Riverdale to have to go on the road in a COLD and HOSTILE environment and win a very close game against a great Cookeville team. I think that really helped them prepare for this weeks game. One definite advantage I think Riverdale has is the fact that OR has never beat Riverdale. That is definitly in the back of every player, coach, and fan's head. Riverdale's run defense was horrible on Friday and I know that the coaches and players will work hard this week in practice and make that a focal point for this weeks game in containing Guilmore. The biggest single factor in determining the winner and loser of this weeks game will be who wins the turnover battle. Riverdale had 5 turnovers last week and I just dont see that happening agian. We fumbled and lost 2 kick/punt return on Friday. Phillip and Antwaun are game breakers and I know they will be ready to rumble. GO WARRIORS>

Lost Old Dad you probably haven't seen a high school visitors side as large as Oak Ridge. There is handicap parking outside the visitors gate.

I'll be at The Ship cooking BBQ all day with ribs baked beans and cloe slaw ready about 3:00.

I'll do directions later, have to go cover the field at 7:00.

Of course I'm going to have to go with the cats this year... and all of this nonsense ya'LL riverdale fans are saying is just giving us more fuel so keep talking please.

Seniors- Remember win or lose it's the last time at Blankenship till graduation, so lets make it a good memory for us and a horrible one for them.

Go Wildcats!

Senior 2006

No Regrets

Alright for those of us who have never had the pleasure of going to a game at Oak Ridge.......how does one get to the field? Is there handicap parking nearby also?

Cookeville fans gave EXCELLENT directions BTW. I know Oak Ridge can duplicate that.

Is the visitor seating big? Good view? And most important of all when do the gates OPEN?

Cookeville was not ready for R'dales early arrivals. Some of us get there as much as 3 hours early for games.

Directions to the game are linked below. As for the handicap parking situation I'm not too sure about where a visitor would want to park. I know there is handicap parking at the top of the hill on the home side of the field but I believe that is reserved parking for workers, officials, and what not. You would also have to take into consideration walking down the stairs to get to the visitors side. I'm not sure if that is an issue or not. There most likely is handicap parking at the main gate.

The visitor stands are much larger than Riverdales. The gates open at 6.

Directions to Blankenship from Murfreesboro

ridge.jpg

Edited by theship

Directions to The Ship

Exit I40 at exit 356

left on Tn hwy 58 approx. 15 miles. Also known as the Oak Ridge Turnpike

If you don't want to eat with us or Big Eds Pizza or a real neat place called the Soup Kitchen (homemade soup). These are in the area of the field. Turn right on Illinois ave. Restrauant row. All the usual places

Back on 95 the Oak Ridge Turnpike go to Tyler Road. Direct Gas Station on corner. About 3 miles

Turn left on Tyler rd. go to traffic light( about 100 yrds.) Tenn. Ave

turn right on Tenn ave. go to Kentucky ave (about 100 yrds)

turn left on Kentucky Ave. If you turn right at Broadway you will be within sight of the field.

If you go on up the hill on Kentucky you will see us at our tailgate area. You are welcome to eat with us or just hang out.

We charge $10.00 for a rib meal and drink or we will have chili,soda and dessert for $5.00.

Hope to see you all soon

Have a safe trip.

Edited by bounder

Directions to the game are linked below. As for the handicap parking situation I'm not too sure about where a visitor would want to park. I know there is handicap parking at the top of the hill on the home side of the field but I believe that is reserved parking for workers, officials, and what not. You would also have to take into consideration walking down the stairs to get to the visitors side. I'm not sure if that is an issue or not. There most likely is handicap parking at the main gate.

The visitor stands are much larger than Riverdales. The gates open at 6.

Directions to Blankenship from Murfreesboro

ridge.jpg

Keep in mind, the field is NOT near the school. If you follow the directions linked in the post to which I am replying, it should be no prob. I wish I could tell you more about the handicap parking...just don't know. There is lots of parking next to the largest building(Jackson Towers) below the field area, next to the OR Turnpike(main road through town). This would be nice place to park for anyone but for handicap. For those with walking difficulties, it is a bit of a walk and a stretch with stairs on the way.

We welcome all RHS who can make it to the game. We were at your new place last year and it sure beats playing at MTSU for a "playoff prefinal" game. Nice facility! Glad you got it. We have plenty of room for lots of RHS fans on the visitor side and an pa announcer who is a decent sort and fair. LOL!

Anyway, looking forward to a great game. Come on as many as can! We want to totally pack the place for this really great game.

Of course I'm going to have to go with the cats this year... and all of this nonsense ya'LL riverdale fans are saying is just giving us more fuel so keep talking please.

Seniors- Remember win or lose it's the last time at Blankenship till graduation, so lets make it a good memory for us and a horrible one for them.

Go Wildcats!

Senior 2006

No Regrets

Please tell us, what have RHS fans said that is nonsense? So far it seems like all the OR fans, and most other schools fans are saying OR will beat RHS.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the popular "RHS has not seen a running back like ours, or RHS has not seen a defense like ours..." yet. Someone has to say it to make us RHS fans feel comfortable!! :lol:

Like I said in an earlier topic, I love it when everyone is agains RHS, thats just what it seems like so far.

I was impressed with both the team and the fans last year. This year it is only better!

Directions AND Ribs! It don't get no better.

Only down side is I HAVE to root for the Warriors and my son to beat y'all. Nothing personal though.

If this years game is just a tenth as good as last years was the stadium should be PACKED, because if it isn't some folks are gonna miss one of the best games in Tennessee. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing y'all Friday.

Sports,

When two teams play a game there are normally fans for and against both teams. So when you say "Like I said in an earlier topic, I love it when everyone is agains RHS, thats just what it seems like so far." that is what happens normally from your opponent. I was at the game last year and won't recap it for you but I look forward to seeing you guys again and may the best team win. And we will all know who that is at about 9:30 on Friday night. RHS has a great team, and so do we. Look forward to seeing you at The Ship.

Ole Dad

Please tell us, what have RHS fans said that is nonsense? So far it seems like all the OR fans, and most other schools fans are saying OR will beat RHS.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the popular "RHS has not seen a running back like ours, or RHS has not seen a defense like ours..." yet. Someone has to say it to make us RHS fans feel comfortable!! :lol:

Like I said in an earlier topic, I love it when everyone is agains RHS, thats just what it seems like so far.