Riverdale @ Oak Ridge

deepseadiver829

I go to work for a few hours and somebody lets the band and waterboys on the thread. :thumb:

Whoever 'Dat Boy' is does NOT speak for the football team from R'dale.

The team knows that Oak Ridge will be tough and respects them. Like last week I have heard NOTHING bad about the players from Cookeville and lots of praise about their sportsmanship and hard play from the players I know from R'dale. :lol:

This has got to be the LONGEST week in history! Why isn't it Friday already? :lol:

MONGO (LOD) wants ribs! BTW are they dry or wet?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the secret password to identify yourself as a Coach T user? It sure would help to get to know the "enemy" at the tailgate. Something like this: unknown visitor walks up to buy ribs, he says "banana patch". Look at him like he is unstable or respond is "great to meet ya, I'm (OR nole, bounder, lost old dad, extremefury...), who are you?"

I for one am glad the game is being played at the Ship. I don't think I could handle there announcer two years in a row. This game should be a dandy. It will probably be decided in the fourth quarter. It will be interesting to see how our team responds if it is a close game for four quarters. We havn't been in one of those battles in a while. I do think this OR team has alot of character and good leadership. I think we will be ready. But like any championship team we will need some things to go our way in this game to win. All streaks come to an end at some point. Look at Vandy. They beat Tennessee.

WILDCATS ROLL FRIDAY NIGHT

hey lod, is clone gettin any college looks? as much as i have heard about the great college level oline at rhs, he should be. can gaston get him at vandy? gaston is real good but he needs the clone to open up the manholes 4 him. i am sure that every yd that gaston got he knows he should thank the clone 4 donating his body.

Looking at the team web-sites, I noticed the size of the coaching staffs. Riverdale shows 17 total football coaches, Oak Ridge 12, and Maryville 9. What are the deterimining factors about the staffs? Does Riverdale have a lot of unpaid assistants? Does Oak Ridge need a larger staff? Or has Maryville got it figured out?

I don't even have a dog in this fight and it's still really exciting. This should be a great matchup between two really great football teams. I want to see it so badly, but I just can't skip out on my Rebels. Will the game be replayed on TV? I know that last week's game against Farragut was showing on Saturday night, what about this one?

I've got to pull for the locals. I hope that Oak Ridge, Maryville and Alcoa all three go to the Boro and bring back gold balls to the area.

All you RHS fans who are not going to the BBQ should definitely check out Big Ed's pizza. I've never been to Oak Ridge without stopping in there, and I'm never disappointed. I love pizza more than anyone I know, and that's the second best place to eat it in the whole world as far as my experience goes.

What's the secret password to identify yourself as a Coach T user? It sure would help to get to know the "enemy" at the tailgate. Something like this: unknown visitor walks up to buy ribs, he says "banana patch". Look at him like he is unstable or respond is "great to meet ya, I'm (OR nole, bounder, lost old dad, extremefury...), who are you?"

LOD is not hard to spot at all. :lol: I will be wearing, like always, my lucky FBI hat. :lol:

olandpats, I haven't heard from any except West Point. Unfortunately the 'clone' does not have a ACT score high enough for it or Vandy. West Points requirement is higher than even Vandy. :thumb: He also does not have the height Fla State wants either. They want him at minimum of 6'2" to have a chance at LB. He has the speed and strength they want but not dads height unfortunately.

OR nole, 6 of the coaches are just for the Freshman team. They do 'help' with the varsity after the Freshman season is over though.

Nick Orlando, if you heard the announcer at R'dale you must have real good hearing! That is one thing R'dale stadium does lack as its PA system leaves ALOT to be desired.

Mongo is on hold, but is hungry! :lol:

When did Connor Gulmire take over at QB? I thought in the pre-season that Revel Coffey had taken the QB job. Coffey is one of those guys you have to keep track of and it would be a lot easier with him at QB.

Conner has been the QB all season. One of the reasons for Revel getting a lot of snaps in pre-season was that Conner was coming off of an injury.

Although I root for the Cat's, I think until we can knock them off, Riverdale is king of the Hill.

Like they say, "You have to beat the man, to be the man" Until the scoreboard reaches 0.0, and Oak Ridge is ahead, then Riverdale is still king.

This should be a great game. It's been the one a lot of people have been wanting to see, it soon will be here.

GO Cats.