Notre Dame @ Livingston Academy

Strength + success

ND 1

LA 10

My point is we could do this all night. It all means nothing. The only numbers that matter will be determined Friday night. People play football games not numbers. Football has sometimes been called a game of inches. You want to bring up numbers. I'm just showing you that it works both ways. The football players will settle the debate Friday. Just remember you brought up numbers.

Whats you talkin 'bout Willis?? I brought up the numbers??? You may know FB but you can't tell time! You posted numbers at 6:06 and I replyed to your post at 8:32!!! You brought up the numbers DUDE!! Can't wait to give you guys a big dose of Wilson Cates and Company!!!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strength of Schedule

Carter - 57

Catholic - 22

Macon - 7

Pearl Cohn - 46

You won by 3 vs Carter and by the way there are only 57 teams in AAA. forget this strength of schedule. It doesn't matter. Anyway didn't you finish the season at 5-5 like Macon?

No, our season isn't over. OOPS!! You just said you didn't use regular season records to prove your point!! :lol::lol: Short memory huh? You post it and say forget it in same post. No elcomprehendo!!

That was in response that ND played a team that finished the regular season 5-5 and I know they finished 0-1 as I'm sure you know that the final score was ND 39, Macon 0. So What. Funny. LA fans only accept numbers that look good for LA and ignore numbers that don't. And to think, an LA fan started the numbers war. Well I'm not going to waste anymore time on this because I really don't care. I'm watching a replay of the GT victory over Miami and I bet that Miami played a tougher schedule than GT but in the end it did not matter because on this day Georgia Tech won. If they played tomorrow Miami might have won. Who knows?

I am the one that started the whole stat war with this post.

Was bored and thought I would look up the stats of both teams on the season. This is the facts of this matchup:

Teams Records: LA (8-5), ND (13-0)

Strength of Schedule: LA - 2nd, ND - 41st

Opponet Records: LA (95-55), ND (68-74)

Opponet Strength of Schedule Average: LA - 20th, ND - 27th

Opponets That Made Playoffs: LA - 9, ND - 8

Points Scored: LA - 318, ND - 382

Points Allowed: LA - 294, ND - 69

Notables: LA - Has lost 5 games, to eventual 1A State Champion Trousdale County, #2 ranked Knoxville Catholic, #5 ranked Austin East, 2A #6 ranked Smith County, and defending State Champ Fulton, by a total of only 28 points.

Notables: ND's Defense is averaging allowing only 5.3 points a game. 14 points to 2A Marion County is the most the defense has allowed in a single game. 5 Shutouts to Meigs County (7-4), Sequoyah (1-9), McMinn Central (4-6), Tellico Plains (0-10), and Macon County (5-6).

Believe me, I do regret it. They were intended for debate and fun like I have posted in a previous post. These two schools have barely even heard of each other, let alone played each other in football. By posting the stats, I was merely trying to familiarize both teams somewhat. I feel responsilble for 13 pages of bs.

Charlie Murphy, you do get on my nerves, no matter where you are from.

O2Wildcat, glad to see you blessed us with your prescence.

Tom Davis is going to be packed! But, I verified tonight, they will not quit selling tickets. Everyone will get in, but you may stand.

These are the facts.

1.) Everybody is double and triple posting!

2.) Still think ND will win, no slam on LA, just think they will win.

3.) LA has good girl's basketball tradition.

4.) Very little respect on this thread

Dr. Justice...glad to see you brought us the facts...here's my version.

1.) You are one of the double posters.

2.) The word..."think"...shouldn't be used in the same sentence as a fact.

3.) LA also has a very good Speech and Debate Team tradition. (As you may can tell from posts on this thread.)

4.) Your a virgin to CoachT. Come back and give us your facts when you get through camping.

Edited by I Love HS Football

Whats you talkin 'bout Willis?? I brought up the numbers??? You may know FB but you can't tell time! You posted numbers at 6:06 and I replyed to your post at 8:32!!! You brought up the numbers DUDE!! Can't wait to give you guys a big dose of Wilson Cates and Company!!!

Assumed you were the post on page 14 that posted numbers at 2:52 pm. I assumed that since I was sure if it was not you that you would read the quote I based it on/ But since you did not it was by kick4point at 2:52 pm and can befound on page 14 in a reply. If your going to go back and check input be more thorough.

Good luck to LA this Friday. My boys here in Cookeville lost in a thriller against Riverdale, so it looks like my Friday will be free this week to come and watch you play. :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the outcome. I listened on the radio at work and it sounded like a game for the ages. Even though a loss, it sounded like a program building game. The Cavs had a great season. Congrats from Hogeye country.

LA needs all the support we can get, so come on up and enjoy what is shaping up to be a slug-fest. ND will certainly be a test for a bunch of country boys, lol. ;)

Good luck to both teams and stay injury free.

Go LA!

H-O-G, E-Y-E

Hogeye, Hogeye

T-N-T! :thumb:

You promise? You promise that Cate and Co will make ND pay? You know those ND players are all a bunch of rich kids, they will just put it on their gold card. Charlie Murphy won't tear you apart, unless you make another ridiculous comment like this one.

WOW .......Rich kids ????? I guess someone forgot to tell my banker that we were rich !

Just as any other school , there are some kids from homes with more expendable income , but the vast majority of the kids ( not just football players ) are from homes where their Moms and Dads do without the new car every year , the 2-3 dinners out every week , and all the other unneccesary expenditures , just to make the sacrifice to send their kids to a quality school like Notre Dame for the academic and spiritual aspect .

The bottom line is this .......BOTH Notre dame AND Livingston should be applauded for making it this far in the playoffs , and yes , it WILL be a very good game .

' Nuff said .

i was misinformed about david lipscomb so i am sorry however i am far from being stupid your comments need to be reserved for ut football players.the problem is most if not all public schools want to be private schools so bad because the thought is is that some people whose kids go to the private schools think they are better than everybody and they make everybody look bad.i wonder how many livingston kids if any go to lipscomb livingston is a great school so why would they pay to go private.that is like if notre dame played chat central and beat them in football with a star running back zoned for central yea cchs would be angry but back to the game livingston has played a difficult schedule and weak or not notre dame is 13 and 0 and are playing forget about the 5 losses suffered by livingston does it matter when major league baseball has a world series champ that was a wild card?nope cuz all you gotta do is get in put your foot in the door and the playoffs are like a new year 0 and 0 clean slate.livingston will win but hats off to both teams i think the winner will win it all!!!! go cats.

i was misinformed about david lipscomb so i am sorry however i am far from being stupid your comments need to be reserved for ut football players.the problem is most if not all public schools want to be private schools so bad because the thought is is that some people whose kids go to the private schools think they are better than everybody and they make everybody look bad.i wonder how many livingston kids if any go to lipscomb livingston is a great school so why would they pay to go private.that is like if notre dame played chat central and beat them in football with a star running back zoned for central yea cchs would be angry but back to the game livingston has played a difficult schedule and weak or not notre dame is 13 and 0 and are playing forget about the 5 losses suffered by livingston does it matter when major league baseball has a world series champ that was a wild card?nope cuz all you gotta do is get in put your foot in the door and the playoffs are like a new year 0 and 0 clean slate.livingston will win but hats off to both teams i think the winner will win it all!!!! go cats.

I agree the game is the thing but you should not have picked Chattanooga Central for your example as Chattanooga Central, public school, beat Notre Dame for 49 consecutive games before Notre Dame won one. And speaking of zones, Notre Dame is part of a school system that includes Knox. Catholic and the system even has a superintendent. So maybe Notre Dame should be upset because Chattanooga Central beat them with a star running back from their zone? Just another view point.