David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

I just have one question.

Just tell me which team will get tired of talking smack the quickest after the playoffs? Which team will not STILL be talking smack come next August? Which team will be the most sportsmanlike with SOME hint of humility after a reasonable amount of celebration and which team will spare the rest of the 3A teams of ramblings for months to come?

THAT is the team I'm rooting for.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tell me which team will get tired of talking smack the quickest after the playoffs? Which team will not STILL be talking smack come next August? Which team will be the most sportsmanlike with SOME hint of humility after a reasonable amount of celebration and which team will spare the rest of the 3A teams of ramblings for months to come?

I doubt either team is doing any "Smack" talking. They are focused on getting ready to play a game. Most of the junk on here is probably coming from high school students who don't play (meaning their chief source of football knowledge was learned on a PS2 or Xbox), or college students who are either trying to rile up others (bombsquad) purely for the fun of it or didn't learn a lesson 2 years ago (hsfball) when he had to eat a large crow.

The 2 teams will likely act with great class and sportsmanship Saturday. It should be an exciting game. Lipscomb will ride into town with a disciplined team that plays hard and Livingston Academy roll in with ton of momentum. LA will probably bring a much bigger crowd as they try to finish off a fantastic post season. It should be fun.

Edited by TedLNancy

..."Tune in next week's Oprah show to find out."

Really? I will simply mention that you apparently will pick the team you are rooting for in Saturday's game in what? 3 months? Alright, I'll be sure to check back then.

Excuse me if I get sentimental here, but this is my last post of the season. A look back on this AWESOME Mustang season. We started the season with a lot of newness, new purple chair backs, new goal posts, some new coaches at new positions, new press box, new uniforms, new region, new classsification, and new paint for the field (especially the white!). Lost a few players at the beginning and now at the end, but WOW what a season.

I am proud of these Mustangs. There is only one thing that gets me excited and that is Mustang football, and selling a house at 6%, updating my webpage, rooting for my beloved Dores, GWCofC, hearing myself on the radio. OK, maybe there a few things, but MUSTANG NATION is number 1.

Let's end this GREAT season with the Gold Ball and some Call Outs.

BombSquad keep up the good work, you make us all proud. NOT!

hsfball, welcome back, thanks for the help this week. NOT!

Mudflap, we need brunch food, not dinner food this week.

Stampede, no more talking until Saturday, we need your voice in prime shape for the last broadcast.

Dr. Justice, 1. Thanks for the updates

2. You are doing a good job.

Nutt 22, you are proud of your team, no harm no foul, except for the part about David Lipscomb.

easttnfootballexpert, remember EAST is LEAST, WEST is BEST.

bulldog69, what is your deal? it is called chemistry, read the paper.

Mark Gaither, Brent Eubanks, Snowbird, thanks for the weather forcast,but learn how to spell center.

Ted L. Nancy, thanks for finally stopping by again.

As for the Bluecross Bowl

DL-14

LA-0

Edited by Bayron

Oh what a night... Well, I awoke this morning to find pure shenanigans that I missed last night. Now, you lost me at "ovulates". Yet somehow I fit into this equation, mmk. I digress. Allow me to give you guys a heads-up. Floyd Stadium, though it is an open-air stadium, it does have tunnels that the players and coaches must enter in. I say this only to suggest that the Hog-Eye community combine their brain power and figure out a way to get Reverend Cates, Superman, and Neon Deion's heads deflated enough to get through the gates.

Who are you to say Cates has got a big head over the way he has been playing? And to make a religious stab at him is just uncalled for and wrong. It's people like u that disgust me, he doesn't read the things that are posted on here as well as the rest of the team. And who are you to insult the intelligence of our community just because a few people get on here and act like idiots? I'm sure you are so much more intelligent than the people in Overton County that we can't even translate your scholarly posts <_< Just leave the kids that are playing out of it they haven't said anything, and everybody act like adults and talk about football thats what this forum is for.

Edited by shine

Who are you to say Cates has got a big head over the way he has been playing? And to make a religious stab at him is just uncalled for and wrong. It's people like u that disgust me, he doesn't read the things that are posted on here as well as the rest of the team. And who are you to insult the intelligence of our community just because a few people get on here and act like idiots? I'm sure you are so much more intelligent than the people in Overton County that we can't even translate your scholarly posts <_< Just leave the kids that are playing out of it they haven't said anything, and everybody act like adults and talk about football thats what this post is for.

...Rattled.

Who are you to say Cates has got a big head over the way he has been playing? And to make a religious stab at him is just uncalled for and wrong. It's people like u that disgust me, he doesn't read the things that are posted on here as well as the rest of the team. And who are you to insult the intelligence of our community just because a few people get on here and act like idiots? I'm sure you are so much more intelligent than the people in Overton County that we can't even translate your scholarly posts <_< Just leave the kids that are playing out of it they haven't said anything, and everybody act like adults and talk about football thats what this forum is for.

DL thread rookie....

...Rattled.

Oh yes I am very intimidated by your posts, and your attempt at witty humor. Eveyone on this forum should aspire to be like you. You are such a extraordinary example of a person who trys to get under other peoples skin, and act like you are on a higher level than others when the only thing you are doing is making yourself look stupid.

I jus' luuv 'em city folk. 'Em is sew smartr 'en usens.

hopkins...A Region 2 team has been in the Title game for the last 4 years. Winning 3 of those 4. But I guess you already know that as well. Since you city folk think you are better than everyone else.

I imagine that Lipscomb will try to not allow #8 to beat them with his feet. Is #9 going to be anywhere near 100% for this game. #29 and #9 will need big games. I look for #22 to be the difference maker in this one. LA wins a close one.

Edited by bigreid

Trousdale County 28 Union City 14

Alcoa 48 Goodpasture 7

Livingston 38 Lipscomp 28

Maryville 35 Melrose 7

Oakridge 48 Ravenwood 7

Fellow are you for real....Trousdale...yes, Alcoa maybe but not bye that much....Livingston will not cross mid field on Lipsomb...have you see the size and speed of that defense.....35 - 0 stangs...

Maryville no way....Oakridge...in a close one

Fellow are you for real....Trousdale...yes, Alcoa maybe but not bye that much....Livingston will not cross mid field on Lipsomb...have you see the size and speed of that defense.....35 - 0 stangs...

Maryville no way....Oakridge...in a close one

are you for real i tell you what i will meet you at the gate and bet you whatever you have the la will score on your mustangs