David Lipscomb vs Livingston Academy

swipper

Great post Peter. Coach Mac would show his wrath on any of the players if they were in this thread. They are smart enough not to be posting here. His first goal for the team is to show class-win or lose. Unfortunately, he has no control over

ex-players who are missing a few letters from the AWHPC (attitude, work, hustle, pride and class) that was preached to them daily and he has no control over former students who were never on the team. A few bad apples are rotting the barrel and the reputation Coach Mac has worked for. Shame on you guys!

As for the notion that Lipscomb is elitist. The vast majority are not. Look at the coaching staff. Coach Mac is from Huntingdon, Coach Morris is from Searcy, AR,

Coach Taylor is from Ripley, Coach Tillman is from Guntersville, AL, Coach Weber is from Ohio and Coach Blair is from Michigan. Most of these men were educated at public high schools (only Coach Stewart went to Lipscomb. His mom made unbelievable sacrifices for him to do that. He didn't have a silver spoon in his mouth. It was probably a plastic fork.) and learned their work ethic and football knowledge from some great public school coaches like Paul Ward, Grant Shipley, Daryl Walker, John Tucker... These are small town guys who owe a lot to the public schools where they were educated. They are trying to instill the same things in their kids that their coaches instilled in them. They can all identify with the pride in the Livingston community because these men grew up in similiar towns and went to similiar schools.

If you get a chance, look at their hands during the tv broadcast. You won't see any state championship rings on their fingers. It's not what they are about. I know they were given rings, but they don't wear them.

I know some of you ex-Lipscomb guys are trying to be comedians. A few of you have gone past being Jerry Seinfield and sound more like T.O. or Randy Moss.

I'm really glad the season is almost over so this stuff will stop. I hope some of you will mature before next August.

When the game ends Saturday, here is what will happen.

If Lipscomb wins, the coaches and players will walk across the field, shake hands and congratulate LA on a great season.

If Lipscomb loses, the coaches and players will walk across the field, shake hands and congratulate LA on a great season.

I would expect that Livingston will do the same.

The game will be played on the field by many young men who have worked hard. It won't matter how much money their families earn, what kind of truck or car they drive, where their parents work and what part of town they live in. That won't matter for 48 minutes on Saturday afternoon.

May the best team win.

[Place invitation song here.]

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005 Cats the only thing that you need to think of the next three nights as you play this game over in your head is that these guys are always going to assume that they are better than you. In life no matter what walk you choose you will be confronted with "preppie" (to steal a word from rocking chair) snobs that think your dad should be working for their dad and later you should be working for them. The football field is the only place you can get some "legal" payback. Make the most of your opportunity.

Go Big Blue

Keep that Train Rollin'

Great post but don't forget that Livingston, the town - not the team - is a great place to live and visit. I married a young lady from Livingston some 15 years ago and we have come back every year to visit family. We were fortunate enough to live nearby this year so we could attend every home AND road game.

The citizens of Livingston don't live by the successes of the team, the team lives in the proud shadow of the community. A community that includes doctors, lawyers, administrators, business owners, teachers, maintenance workers and people from every socioeconomic background.

This community would do anything for this team not because they are seeing some success this year but because they are the future of Livingston and Overton County. Yes, we have a future and it is bright. We will cheer loud and we will cheer hard this Saturday and win or lose we will head back to our community with the same pride and dignity we left several hours earlier!

Go Hogeye.

Well…..I have been quiet long enough. Vandy1…why do you continuously bring my name up on your posts? I have only posted my opinion of SOME of the Lipscomb fans on one thread way back in week 1, but yet you continue to bring my name up once again in week 15. I must have really hit a nerve with you. Your conscious must be eating away at you. I am not ill-informed or do I start false rumors as you have stated. Please do your research before making false accusations yourself.

My opinion has not changed in 15 weeks. All anyone has to do is read through this thread. It is all here in black and white. It is fans like yourself and BombSquad (along with a few others) that give Lipscomb the arrogant reputation they have. Was it not you that posted a picture of CatfishHunter on the “world wide web” to be ridiculed without permission or written consent? You are very fortunate he is a forgiving young man…..unlike yourself.

I have no beef with David Lipscomb athletics, the coaches, players, or the school being private etc……only a few of their fans who enjoy stereotyping, downgrading, and making fun of other schools, students, and teams in different geographical areas of the state. Fans from across the state have formed a negative opinion of David Lipscomb because of people like you and BombSquad…….not because of me.

The David Lipscomb football team has a lot to be proud of. They are playing for a 3-A state title on Saturday. They deserve to be there because of their hard work, dedication and excellent coaching. What a shame some of their fans try to ruin their reputation by indicating they are so much better than everybody else.

I personally know there are some very good people that are associated with the Lipscomb program. It is evident by reading some of these posts on coacht…… but it is also evident that some, including yourself that, need a strong dose of humility.

Good luck to both David Lipscomb and Livingston this Saturday. You both deserve playing for a 3-A state championship. May the best team win.

Can I get an "Amen"??? :rolleyes:

Great post but don't forget that Livingston, the town - not the team - is a great place to live and visit. I married a young lady from Livingston some 15 years ago and we have come back every year to visit family. We were fortunate enough to live nearby this year so we could attend every home AND road game.

The citizens of Livingston don't live by the successes of the team, the team lives in the proud shadow of the community. A community that includes doctors, lawyers, administrators, business owners, teachers, maintenance workers and people from every socioeconomic background.

This community would do anything for this team not because they are seeing some success this year but because they are the future of Livingston and Overton County. Yes, we have a future and it is bright. We will cheer loud and we will cheer hard this Saturday and win or lose we will head back to our community with the same pride and dignity we left several hours earlier!

Go Hogeye.

good post, somebody finally makes an intelligent post.

I'm with bombsquad. You guys from Livingston are all full of crap. Lipscomb is gonna win and you know it. Now your all trying to cover it up with who can talk to most crap to lipscomb people. *Newsflash* Last I checked, people that dont play football that talk crap to people from the other school that dont play football has no outcome on the game. (especially when your team stinks) Now, some of you from LA may say, well you were just "trash talking" us werent you? Yes I was. I dont care if I contradict myself. At least I can admit it. And at least Lipscomb is gonna win...by a lot!

Can you say.... STUPID????? That is exactly how you look! That is the worst thing I have read on this thread(And there has been a lot of stupid SH** on here!) I think that fans from both sides have gotten way out of control with their comments. Your comment & I quote"(especially when your team stinks)" what are you thinking?? Your not thinking ....you are just trying to pi$$ the fans off. This isn't suppose to be about us as fans...this is about 2 teams that have busted their A** to get where they are! I don't care if DL is a private school... they have gotten to the top from talent...period! I can't say enough about HOGEYE.....I think LA's story is the best Cinderella story in a long time. Yes, were are small town & we haven't had this pleasure of competing for a STATE TITAL....emotions are going to run high. The bottom line is OUR BOYS @ LA aren't the ones on here talking smack.....don't try to turn this into a pi**ing match between fans.You need to give these boys credit!!!!!!! Regardless who wins/loses......that Hogeye story from 2005 will be around for years !!!!!!

WOW..... The Pen really is mightier than than the sword !!

Talk about wanting to crawl up under a rock. I felt about an inch tall as I read your post and I'm sure some of the others did too. If not then they have got serious issues. Everything you said hit home real hard.

I know that Lipscomb fans were just trying to have some fun. But some of it went way past to far. And I'm as guilty as the next fellow for trying to out do the other guy. I truly apologize if I offended anyone. I am really embarrassed by my words of wisdom.

I know how hard these kids from both teams have worked to reach this final game.And we as fans should not take away from their moment. Good Luck to both teams.

Hey, I know what you mean. I came on here wednesday and everbody was for yasbeck then I get on here today and all of you are for ragland. sounds like you're a little wishy washy to me.

mustanglogob3.jpg

Peter Powell's Game Day notes featuring David Lipscomb and Livingston Academy has now been posted on The Mustangfanpage.

For Roster, Depth Chart, News articles and general tidbits on Livingston Academy visit the scouting report page or simply click on the LA Helmet.

Lipscomb Depth Chart will be updated on Friday afternoon.

This should be a very exciting game for both schools and their fans. And finally, congratulations to both Teams for advancing to the Championship.

First of all, I'll say I'm sorry to BombSquad for over-reacting to his comments. Next, congratulations to both teams for making it this far. Finally to the LA Wildcats-- Guys, this is it!! The game everyone dreams of. It has been a long and rough ride,but just look at what you have accomplished. The past 15 weeks have been awesome and I hope you have had as much fun playing as I have had watching! Now you have reached the final stop on your incredible journey. Have fun Saturday morning--make some memories!! Then at noon put on the game face and go out and leave it all on the field ---again!!! This is the chance of a lifetime. The whole community is behind you and we know you can do it. Give us all something we will never forget--don't settle for anything less than that GOLD BALL. REFUSE TO LOSE!! GO BIG BLUE!! LA-27 DL-24

Winner of this game could potentially be the team that handles the forecasted weather the best. That would be a shame for everyone involved.

Speaking of weather forecasting, check the Mustang Fan Page Message Board for the Saturday Forecast as it will be up tommorrow.

Hey "titanman", why would it "be a shame for everyone involved."????

I was just wondering.