Melrose vs Maryville Round 2

kwc

Good question TraderB because at the beginning of the season, Melrose had a different Punt returner ... #1 ... Washingtion. I remember the first time I saw #13 returning punts, I was like ... why did they switch? #1 was a threat to return one everytime he touched it. Seems that #13 is just as dangerous. #1 plays CB ... #13 plays WR. Both can fly ... but to answer your question ... I think the punt returner in the CBHS game was #1, Washington ... not #13.

Kwc,

Wow, what a luxury!

I'd love to see #13 touch the ball more this Saturday, as WR. Ideally, via quick short passes. This would enable him to make plays, one-on-one. With his moves, he's a definite threat to take it the "distance."

As for #1...Heck, I wonder why Coach Flowers doesn't get him some touches on offense, along with Madison (last years starting QB)?

Kwe, where on earth does Melrose find these playmakers, year after year...after year, after year?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kwc,

Wow, what a luxury!

I'd love to see #13 touch the ball more this Saturday, as WR. Ideally, via quick short passes. This would enable him to make plays, one-on-one. With his moves, he's a definite threat to take it the "distance."

As for #1...Heck, I wonder why Coach Flowers doesn't get him some touches on offense, along with Madison (last years starting QB)?

Kwe, where on earth does Melrose find these playmakers, year after year...after year, after year?

Number 13 is just a Sophmore :huh:

OMW, that's not good!

If the rain does move in, it's gonna add even more drama to this game.

Does the rain tend to affect offenses or defenses more?

It effects both. But on defense most quick movements are reaction to the offensive player. This can maybe cause more slips for the defense since the offensive player can usually prepare for a cut, decreasing the chance for a slip. If that makes sense.

A wet surface will slow the game down, which could counter Melrose's speed alittle. Could make it a sloppy game.

It effects both. But on defense most quick movements are reaction to the offensive player. This can maybe cause more slips for the defense since the offensive player can usually prepare for a cut, decreasing the chance for a slip. If that makes sense.

A wet surface will slow the game down, which could counter Melrose's speed alittle. Could make it a sloppy game.

I agree. Let's hope for no precip.

Every year it is the same story on coacht. It is quite humorous. This is what you hear EVERY year:

1) "Maryville is the weaker team athletically."

2) "The opposing team is much better, and is loaded with a couple of stud football players."

3) "Maryville fans think they are unbeatable."

4) "Maryville gets lucky."

5) "Maryville lost to many people."

NOW, this is the results year in, year out:

1) Maryville "out-mans" the superior athletes.

2) The opposing team was out-played, and those "stud" football players are shutdown. E.X.) Maryville shutdown: Cassen Jackson (Vanderbilt), Terrence Scott, David Gaston, Zac Helton, Cody Watts, Lee Smith (Tennessee), Dustin Lindsey (Tennessee), Brandon Warren (Florida State. Didn't play this year. (Uncontrollable attitude)). And I know I left plenty off. I am tired listing them.

3) It's kinda hard to think you are beatable when you have won 82 of your last 84 games, have won 4 of the last 5 state championships, have not lost in 3 years, and when you beat great teams such as Alcoa, Central, Powell, Hillsboro, Melrose, etc. nearly every time you play them.

4) Luck is a part of life and a part of any sport. But is it luck to win state almost every year? Maryville is lucky in one way. They are lucky to have the best high school coaching staff you could find.

5) This year we werent supposed to be any good because we lost our starting quarterback, entire offensive line, and entire secondary. Has it set us back? not at all. They find a way to get the job done. That just shows you the depth of last years team.

*Just face it. People on here such as Gerry Bertier and some of the other people, whose lives seem to be based on starting stuff with other fans, are just hoping we get beat because their schools are not on the same level as ours or somewhere along this road we have showed them how football was meant to be played. *

*Imagine what coach Quarles would do with the tallent of teams such as Melrose or Alcoa. I imagine it would equal what he would do with the team he has because what more can you than win state every year? We will see on saturday (again) what Coach Q will do with his boys*

To whom it may concern:

Ok this is the last time I will say this, I haven't said anything negative about the Maryville program nor have I started anything with any poster, if I have please post it up and show some evidence if not keep my name out of your post this goes for mrebel171113, FBEmeritus, Rebel Raider and others. If not I will report you to coacht. I have tried to contact those who are trying to make me out as a scapegoat, and could not reach them so I will do it here. It seems that any poster that is skeptical about some aspect of Maryville, they are attacked by a few Maryville posters, and that is crazy. Everyone in this state respects what GQ and the boys have done at Maryville. I have never said otherwise. So once again keep my name out of posts, when I have not posted anything to warrant such, those who do will be reported to coacht (think what you want about me, but no one should put up with constant negative comments that are not warranted). If you have a problem, I will gladly discuss it over PM. Thanks.

Gerry Bertier

Yes well..................... moving on to posts of value.

Tennessee does have one dome at ETSU in Johnson City. But that clown of a President caved to political pressure and eliminated the program about three years ago. Sad for a great college like ETSU and some power players are trying to remove the clown over it. Another subject

The weather as it looks right now

.FRIDAY...MOSTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE MID 40S. NORTHEAST WINDS

AROUND 5 MPH...SHIFTING TO THE EAST AROUND 5 MPH IN THE

AFTERNOON.

.FRIDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING...THEN MOSTLY CLOUDY

WITH A 30 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE

MID 30S. SOUTHEAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS LIKELY AND ISOLATED

THUNDERSTORMS. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 50S. SOUTH WINDS INCREASING TO 10

TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH SHOWERS LIKELY AND SCATTERED

THUNDERSTORMS. LOWS IN THE LOWER TO MID 40S. CHANCE OF RAIN

70 PERCENT.

I'm not sure how this affects things. I do think it gives the Offences the advantage running the ball but gives the defense the advantage in the passing game in my opinion.

To whom it may concern:

Ok this is the last time I will say this, I haven't said anything negative about the Maryville program nor have I started anything with any poster, if I have please post it up and show some evidence if not keep my name out of your post this goes for mrebel171113, FBEmeritus, Rebel Raider and others. If not I will report you to coacht. I have tried to contact those who are trying to make me out as a scapegoat, and could not reach them so I will do it here. It seems that any poster that is skeptical about some aspect of Maryville, they are attacked by a few Maryville posters, and that is crazy. Everyone in this state respects what GQ and the boys have done at Maryville. I have never said otherwise. So once again keep my name out of posts, when I have not posted anything to warrant such, those who do will be reported to coacht (think what you want about me, but no one should put up with constant negative comments that are not warranted). If you have a problem, I will gladly discuss it over PM. Thanks.

Gerry Bertier

past remarks from Gerry ...

"Yep I was there on Melrose's side. I respect the program at both schools as well, but the fans of Maryville, lets just say aren't my favorite people. They are on the same level as Huntingdon fans."

"Lets go Melrose, beat those boys from Maryville, all i know is those recievers from maryville are probably shaking in their cleats thinking about having to face that hard hitting secondary of Melrose's. Oh I smell fear coming from some Maryville fans."

"once again i smell some fear coming from east tennessee."

"If you think Maryville is the best team in the state then you need to have your head examined. Everyone knows Riverdale is by far the best team in the state."

"Actully I like the team just not the fans. I was impressed with Maryville, but even more impressed with Melrose."

"Maryville knows they are lucky to be champs"

"down with the EVIL EMPIRE!!!!" ( Maryville )

"no one wants to be associated with a program whose fans are so arrogant and won't even answer simple questions about the game. I have never down the players or coaches at Maryville and never will. But I don't want to be part of a fan base that believes they are God's gift to football."

You want to be treated with respect while giving none . For a Fairview fan , it's amazing how many Maryville threads you show up on trying to provoke something .

past remarks from Gerry ...

"Yep I was there on Melrose's side. I respect the program at both schools as well, but the fans of Maryville, lets just say aren't my favorite people. They are on the same level as Huntingdon fans."

"Lets go Melrose, beat those boys from Maryville, all i know is those recievers from maryville are probably shaking in their cleats thinking about having to face that hard hitting secondary of Melrose's. Oh I smell fear coming from some Maryville fans."

"once again i smell some fear coming from east tennessee."

"If you think Maryville is the best team in the state then you need to have your head examined. Everyone knows Riverdale is by far the best team in the state."

"Actully I like the team just not the fans. I was impressed with Maryville, but even more impressed with Melrose."

"Maryville knows they are lucky to be champs"

"down with the EVIL EMPIRE!!!!" ( Maryville )

"no one wants to be associated with a program whose fans are so arrogant and won't even answer simple questions about the game. I have never down the players or coaches at Maryville and never will. But I don't want to be part of a fan base that believes they are God's gift to football."

You want to be treated with respect while giving none . For a Fairview fan , it's amazing how many Maryville threads you show up on trying to provoke something .

Now now prep vol, I though we had a talk about holding back our tempers. ;)

good post though we'll let this one slide. ;)

Now now prep vol, I though we had a talk about holding back our tempers. ;)

good post though we'll let this one slide. ;)

hehe , not done in anger at all , just proving a point , and no trash talking was involved . Has Maryville had good practices this week Rebelman16? No details of course ... can't give away trade secrets !! :D