LA @ Clay County?

kaeXo

I agree that this is the best Celina has been in a while, but I still think that LA is the better team. They will prove me right come game day. I don't think that Celina will win later in the season either, because LA will have Cates back then. I am not trying to 'dog' Celina, I am a Celina fan also, I just think LA is better.

I hope LA does well this year and I hope Clay Co. wins the state in their division.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this is the best Celina has been in a while, but I still think that LA is the better team. They will prove me right come game day. I don't think that Celina will win later in the season either, because LA will have Cates back then. I am not trying to 'dog' Celina, I am a Celina fan also, I just think LA is better.

I hope LA does well this year and I hope Clay Co. wins the state in their division.

Won't Cates coming back take time away from Dunn? That won't make Livingston any better.

First, when Cates and Livingston come back, it's not going to help LA much, if at all. Wilson Cates is a FOOTBALL player, not a basketball player. He can play defense, but as far as offense goes????Chase Dunn might be stopped by Saylor, but there's still a problem, who is going to stop the height LA has, and once again there are some poeple posting about stuff they don't know about AS USUAL. LA has 3 major feeder schools, and in a couple of years, that'll be down to two RICKMAN and ALLONS. Livingston has not got much at LMS and nothing for a while at Hilham, and Montereys players come from Wilson, in case you haven't noticed with the Key brothers, and David Walker. So, before you post, know what you are talking about, and LA can pull this one out by 3-8 pts no more, but clay could also pull it out. I don't see it though, I think LA by 5.

First, when Cates and Livingston come back, it's not going to help LA much, if at all. Wilson Cates is a FOOTBALL player, not a basketball player. He can play defense, but as far as offense goes????Chase Dunn might be stopped by Saylor, but there's still a problem, who is going to stop the height LA has, and once again there are some poeple posting about stuff they don't know about AS USUAL. LA has 3 major feeder schools, and in a couple of years, that'll be down to two RICKMAN and ALLONS. Livingston has not got much at LMS and nothing for a while at Hilham, and Montereys players come from Wilson, in case you haven't noticed with the Key brothers, and David Walker. So, before you post, know what you are talking about, and LA can pull this one out by 3-8 pts no more, but clay could also pull it out. I don't see it though, I think LA by 5.

my bad i thought all 5 was in overton county

All five are in Overton Co. Thats not what that guy was talking about.

Wilson coming back is not going to affect Chase Dunn in a negative way, that will only give him more opportunities to make plays.

To the guy that said Cates isnt a basketball player... He obviously hasn't seen Wilson play basketball. He may not be as good as he is in football, but He is a ball handling machine. He can break some of the best presses by himself. His defense is amazing, he has very quick hands. I wouldn't talk about a player if you don't know a whole lot about him.

The Cats are playing great, when they get Cates back they will only be that much stronger.

All five are in Overton Co. Thats not what that guy was talking about.

Wilson coming back is not going to affect Chase Dunn in a negative way, that will only give him more opportunities to make plays.

To the guy that said Cates isnt a basketball player... He obviously hasn't seen Wilson play basketball. He may not be as good as he is in football, but He is a ball handling machine. He can break some of the best presses by himself. His defense is amazing, he has very quick hands. I wouldn't talk about a player if you don't know a whole lot about him.

The Cats are playing great, when they get Cates back they will only be that much stronger.

I'll go with the defense but unless he has improved a bunch that is all he has. I've played against him for years, and he's decent but nothin special. I'll put it this way, if Dunn is as good as I've been hearing, he should be playing over Cates.

Dunn is a GREAT ball player. But Cates is a natural born leader. He brings more to the team than whats in the stat books. But yes, he can Handle the Rock.

I think we may be jumping the gun on Chase. He is good. But, lets not just keep giving him stuff to live up to and putting unneeded pressure on him just yet. In due time.. In due time...

GO HOG-EYE

First of all, LOL I have seen wilson play. Just to clear that up LOL. He is not that great at basketball. He is AWESOME at football, but basketball I'd say the city of Livingston is the one jumping the gun and most everyone in LA country thinks he's God. Sorry to dissappoint but he's not. Who's jumping the gun with Chase Dunn, he is a good player, and in a couple of years will be better at basketball than Cates has ever thought about being. Wilson may be a natural leader and all that stuff, but he can't score points, he can play D and he's a fair ball handler, but he will never score. But, like I said everyone from Livingston is extremely biased and thinks he's God at whatever he does. Anyways LA wins in a close one by 5 Thursday night IN Celina. Good Luck to both teams.

First of all, LOL I have seen wilson play. Just to clear that up LOL. He is not that great at basketball. He is AWESOME at football, but basketball I'd say the city of Livingston is the one jumping the gun and most everyone in LA country thinks he's God. Sorry to dissappoint but he's not. Who's jumping the gun with Chase Dunn, he is a good player, and in a couple of years will be better at basketball than Cates has ever thought about being. Wilson may be a natural leader and all that stuff, but he can't score points, he can play D and he's a fair ball handler, but he will never score. But, like I said everyone from Livingston is extremely biased and thinks he's God at whatever he does. Anyways LA wins in a close one by 5 Thursday night IN Celina. Good Luck to both teams.

Hey Play 4 Fun, what's the deal with Cates? You are the first person to put him in the same sentence with God. All General is saying is that he is a good leader and makes things happen. Wilson has proven to be a great football player and hopefully will prove to be a great basketball player as well. "Never" is a long time for him not to score, and whether or not you realize it, the only things you say he is good at are great to have on a basketball team. If Chase Dunn turns out to be a better player than Wilson, will that be Wilson's fault or Chase's credit? What if these two really complement each other? Wouldn't that be great for LA!

Your 'LOL's don't take away from your sounding negative about Cates returning to the team, and Wilson might change your mind about his ability to score points. It's a new year and only time will tell. I think the LA/Clay Co. game will be a good one and regardless of the outcome, both of these teams should be successful in their respective divisions.

Edited by madisonsquaregarden