Ravenwood vs. Oak Ridge

WarriorFan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK folks........the home board says 85% of folks voting on this game believe Oak Ridge will win........is this because no one in east and west TN knows anything about Ravenwood or what..........help me out with this one.......I just don't believe it is going to be that easy.

I think its simple - OR has a great tradition while the Raptors are an unknown. Virtually no one has seen BOTH teams play this years. Plus the fact that 2priceless and I agree for the first time ever.

Not saying it will be easy, but more people know about OR than Ravenswood.

OK folks........the home board says 85% of folks voting on this game believe Oak Ridge will win........is this because no one in east and west TN knows anything about Ravenwood or what..........help me out with this one.......I just don't believe it is going to be that easy.

It's called tradition, it's not a knock on Ravenwood. Ravenwood just doesn't have the history like an Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Maryville, etc.

Also you have to look at them beating Riverdale. To a lot of people that is a huge gauge.

Edited by extremefury

How do you buy free pickles???

Are ya'll going to eat at Toot's again this year? If so, need to get some Oak Ridgers there also.

Been going for a few years, usually on fri afternoon...then lay around for a while and go to Demo's for dinner. We usually have 8-10 folks. Many pitchers and wings go away with the pickles!!!

Nothin like their fried pickles, my wife even likes them. And she doesn't like pickles or adult beverages.

Two completly different teams, OR equals power, and RHS is spread, mostly west coast style, it will be an incredible game.

My Pick

OR: 28

RHS: 10

Ouch...no love for a fellow Williamson County team and Region team?

It will be a great game.

Yes, I would say that the Big ones contest is so lopsided towards OR because of their win over Riverdale, the big dog the last several years. Question, Will there be a "hangover" from defeating Rdale that the OR crew may feel they have already won the state championship and look pass Ravenwood?

In the end, I will side with the Raptors on this one...a close one...21-17.

Coach G, our guys might have a slight hangover as far as being sore from an unbelievably physical game with Riverdale. But believe me, these seniors will not overlook anybody. They literally have been working towards this day since they knew what a football was, and they know what this means to themselves, the school, the community and the tradition of Oak Ridge football. Just getting there is not the goal, and they're not satisfied. They will respect Ravenwood and their program, at the same time they will be extremely focussed and well prepared to try to bring home that gold ball, believe me! We'll be ready!