warren co girls

ladynred

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want everyone to know is that Iwant the girls to win so badly and enjoy their time in high school. The truth hurts and the injury excuses can take you so far, if anyone has school annuals from the first time she was around her comments were"injuries to her main players really hurt the team this year" these are quotes from the late 80s and early 90s when she coached before. We go through boys coaches like Kleenex. Get the hint? I want the girls to succeed from the elementary stage up through high school and beyond. This has nothing to do with the girls just the coaching. By the way, do you think the parents really got what they asked for when they signed that petition? I bet the expected a lot more.

I am in total agree with you I do want al the athletics in Warren County to do well and it is just a shame that the girls have to go through the things that they do.

I have heard that most of the girls want to quit because of the coach, but don't because they don't want to hurt the other girls on the team.

You are also correct that people just have seemed to forget that she did coach and didn't do well.

I am also in agreement with you I have nothing against coach Eades but it just seems like if we make so many changes with all of our other programs why we don't do the same with the girls basketball coach, and we all know the answer to that question.

Who knows if they got their way with the petition.

I do think that the new boys coach Smith will be here for a while. He has all of his family here and the only way he will leave is if they run him off and I hope that is not the case becuase he looks to be a promising coach and he is from that Bobby Luna mold and we know what a success he has had.

Like myself and Hoop20 we have nothing persnal against Coach Eades but there are many games that we could have one in the past and she has just got flat out coached. and I just don't know where the direction of the team is going. I believe that there is enough talent for us to make some noise in the 7AAA district but it just seems that we are going to be the bottom feeders again this year.

Now it all makes sense. According to a sports column in the local paper today, it isn't the coaches fault, but it's that we are losing jobs in the county is the reason we suffer.Lokk, seeing Wilson Central,siegel, and Ravenwood win in only three years existence is frustrating, BUT we still have to teach and coach these kids. No, we do not have the people of a Murfreesboro or Wilson Co, but that is still more excuses in order to protect someone. If this is the card we are playing, what card did we play for all the years past when weren't losing jobs here in Warren County. There still is over 1,600 to 1,700 kids to choose from in the schools. I think I just trumped you, sports writer.

Wow!! Word must have spread around and everyone is banished from commenting in Warren Co. I guess that's how much power they have here. I've had some good info in the past week about the middle school and some parents upset and if it comes to light, I know how much politics and a last name really run this county. The girls have to take on a rebounding Riverdale squad tonight after the loss to siegel Tuesday. I hope Coach Burt has a heart because they will not have their guard down. They want blood! Good luck girls, don't let them get you down and play hard.

I believe that you are on to something there Hoop. One of the biggest things that bother me is no one seems to care at the high school or at the school board if she wins or not.

We did by the way win a State Championship in 1979 and I know that was a long time ago, and remember that is when we had jobs in the county. I think that is not the answer to our problems the answer is we play who has the biggest pockets in the county, not the best player.

It loks like they ran into a buzz-saw Friday nigh, down 40-10 at half then 69-40 final. I feel bad for the girls and they deserve better than this. To answer 99s question, if she left after this year it would probably take a good four to five year plan to get to a competative level again. The past three years she has had some of the best talent to come through and only muster 14 and 15 win seasons. To rebuild, you need the support of your feeder schools and she has always alienated them and she is one to NEVER ask for help, AND if she does bad, she has an excuse for the lack of fundamentals being taught by the elementary coaches. Their is no relationships bridged between the high school program and the ENTIRE elementary school program. Just like bigmoney said, she has had time and talent and could not do it. It's high time for a change. Maybe a petition, just like the one that got her the job last time.