warren co girls

ladynred

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not completely, but it is a big part of it when the coach does not put the players in a position to compete. Pearl has taken the players he has and put in a system that is suited to their abilities. At Warren County, we have a system and make our limited number of players with talent try to fit into it even though it is not suited to their abilities.Warren County is easy to prepare for because we always run the same offense and defense. The Cookeville game was a perfect example. they knew what we were going to do before we did it. We need to adapt our game plan around what these girls can do, not what they cant. Dont give up girls. Keep trying. We are behind you.

What same offense and defense would we be running game in and game out? If you can tell me, I'll be impressed.

First of all, fanchs, stay on the threads concerning your school. Secondly, no a coach won't make up 41 points, but a coach should have their team prepared. This obviously is not the situation in WC, either program. 41 points!!! It's okay, the AD won't make a change. The only chance these girls have is if the coach has a conscience.

I've graduated several times since high school. Thank you. I didn't realize your school loyalty restricted your right to post on CoachT. That must be a new TSSAA rule applying only to Warren County.

Doing the same thing is not always the problem. The boys team at Beech is an example of a team that changes very little of what they do from year to year or game to game, but they do what they do so well that they are very hard to beat regardless and it is not because they are overwhelmingly athletic. Mt. Juliet's girls don't really overwhelm you with a great variety of things, but they are so sound fundamentally and so talented that they don't have to be tricky. The main thing really is how well you execute your system and can you make adjustments in it based on what is done by the opponent. The question with Warren County may not be so much what they are doing, but how well they execute and make adjustments.

First, there are no adjustments made, especially after halftime. The part on execution is there no gel with the girls at all. You see, all elementary schools in Warren are k-8. Then when they get to 9th grade they are supposed to gel and become a team. Now, the part on the coach is she does not try to help or get with the elementary coaches to get input to them. Also, you have a bunch of elementary coaches who worry about "county championships" more than the development of the girls. The bottom line is there is no communication or relationship betwen the high school and the elementary programs, mainly due to her and her ways. There has to be excuses for the team's performances like- injuries, lack of fundamentals, lack of height, etc. It hurts when the truth is spoken. People can promise a lot of things to one another-she would know, but it stings when you put your eggs in one basket. Too bad those eggs got broken, Warren County.

p.s.

Here is some food for thought after winning his 500th game.

"When the high school girls' job came open in 1982, I felt I was ready for it. Ever since then, I've changed our style by what type of girls we have on the team. The state championship is obviously the biggest win I've had, but this one is up there now." - Grundy Co. Coach Richards

Edited by hoop20

First, there are no adjustments made, especially after halftime. The part on execution is there no gel with the girls at all. You see, all elementary schools in Warren are k-8. Then when they get to 9th grade they are supposed to gel and become a team. Now, the part on the coach is she does not try to help or get with the elementary coaches to get input to them. Also, you have a bunch of elementary coaches who worry about "county championships" more than the development of the girls. The bottom line is there is no communication or relationship betwen the high school and the elementary programs, mainly due to her and her ways. There has to be excuses for the team's performances like- injuries, lack of fundamentals, lack of height, etc. It hurts when the truth is spoken. People can promise a lot of things to one another-she would know, but it stings when you put your eggs in one basket. Too bad those eggs got broken, Warren County.

p.s.

Here is some food for thought after winning his 500th game.

"When the high school girls' job came open in 1982, I felt I was ready for it. Ever since then, I've changed our style by what type of girls we have on the team. The state championship is obviously the biggest win I've had, but this one is up there now." - Grundy Co. Coach Richards

What kind of freshmen coach do you have and are they running the same system that is being used by the varsity? While they may vary what they do some based on personnel they should be running basically the same things that the varsity team is running. As for the quote I agree that you must adjust your style to what your personnel is, but in a lot of cases that can be done by emphasizing different things within the system you have without throwing out the whole system.

To hoop20, have you ever thought about talent? There is no talent in Warren County, boys or girls. You can talk all you want but you can`t coach talent. Just because you didn`t like her or she kicked you off the team, don`t hate her. It seems like I remember your playing days. You were better as a freshmen. Does that mean you learned more at Irving College or her system made you worse? :lol:

To hoop20, have you ever thought about talent? There is no talent in Warren County, boys or girls. You can talk all you want but you can`t coach talent. Just because you didn`t like her or she kicked you off the team, don`t hate her. It seems like I remember your playing days. You were better as a freshmen. Does that mean you learned more at Irving College or her system made you worse? :lol:

i disagree with your assessment of the talent in the county... the talent is there, or was there... it has been run off or cast aside... there a players that have left the county for greener pastures (coffee, white, chattanooga)... there are players in the jaycee league that should be on this team... there are players opting to attend private schools because they want to play, just not for wc... and then the girls who have stuck it out are talented... a couple of the younger ones show lots of promise... funny, you say there's no talent, yet parents have taken her own players and competed well with them in the aau.

i see parallels with the football team... remember when they couldn't win... everyone kept saying there's no talent... but the kids were winning at the middle school level... the talent was there, it just wasn't sticking around... a coaching change or two later and you have a coach who has the kids excited enough to stick with it... and they're winning some now... i don't know that a coaching change would push the girls over the hump or revitalize the program... but whatever we're doing now is not working...

and as for the repetitive offense and defense... the offensive plays (while i dont know the technical names for them) seem to be focused on the guards (and the guards playing out of position)... translation= we shoot lots of threes... defensively, it's been the same for years now... 2 - 3 zone... elementary one might say... even i have to admit it doesn't show much imagination...

as for the height excuse, i hope we're not equating talent with height... pearl's ut bunch is winning without it... height that is...

and you can coach talent... you just can't teach it, like speed or athleticism... you can develop talent, but you can't run it all off and expect to win consistently and compete for district championships at the aaa level...

as for players getting better or worse under whatever coach, williams never scored 38 for wc like she did for fisk...

dark man, the freshman coach is a nice guy, but he's a yes man... she runs his practices, he gets to stand on the sideline during the games... he gets no input...

Edited by motownmom

Motownmom you're too sweet! We lost by 20 (52-32) to Riverdale without Ann Marie playing. Yikes! We play Sparta Tuesday, but the coach wants to be "competitive", not "win" Tuesday night and get ready for Blackman, Lebanon, and Oakland coming up. Oh! don't forget Dekalb and Tullahoma too. Whew! some easy wins are a comin' To Pioneer95, thanks for trying to remember me and please don't quit your day job as a detective. There is talent here it is just not WORKED with. Either the girls do not want to play for HER or they are too discouraged before they get to the high school and play another sport. If she stays just see how many girls return to play for her. To see talent you have to have an eye for it, not just where they come from or who their parents are.

Edited by hoop20

Well, we play at Sparta tomorrow night. We need something to get something going. The season is sinking fast!!! Two questions: Does anyone know where McKenna Rhea was friday night? Do you think she (the coach) feels like she has really accomplished anything at the high school level?

Well, we play at Sparta tomorrow night. We need something to get something going. The season is sinking fast!!! Two questions: Does anyone know where McKenna Rhea was friday night? Do you think she (the coach) feels like she has really accomplished anything at the high school level?

McKenna was competing in the state fairest of the fair contest in Nashville.