Antioch coach resigns

shadow

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzgerald Has only been at Pearl-Cohn since 92 and he very well could be done. But he has as good as a QB right now as a 10th grader as he will ever have.

Actually Fitz has been there since '90, but you are right he does have a good QB. Also Mastermind, you are right McKissack does feed PC.

Its amazing that no one even considers Smith for Antioch, he coached there for many years and considered it home for almost 15 years.....metro always seems to get it wrong because of the good old boy network...Smith or Daniels would lick their chops to get at all the athletes...Smith would be crazy to leave independence for a metro job.....daniels will do a good job and so would Bush....tough guy, good coach and has certainly paid his dues.....what you have to do to get the jobs in metro.....

Are you saying that Coach Fitzgerald would recruit football players to Pearl-Cohn.

Its amazing that no one even considers Smith for Antioch, he coached there for many years and considered it home for almost 15 years.....metro always seems to get it wrong because of the good old boy network...Smith or Daniels would lick their chops to get at all the athletes...Smith would be crazy to leave independence for a metro job.....daniels will do a good job and so would Bush....tough guy, good coach and has certainly paid his dues.....what you have to do to get the jobs in metro.....

Shadow, you may be on to something.Green Lantern, it has always been a good ole boy system. Used to be if you were not in the system you did not even have a chance. It was that way when I got a job. I thought I was given the job because I was the best. I found out that it was just being at the right place at the right time and then having ties at the schools. I'm sure alot of times this is the case. Sometimes the best X's and O's guy is not the best fit. There is more to it than that. Every school system is different and have their set of problems. The grass is sometimes green for a reason.

Jack Daniels at Antioch seems like a strange fit, but it would be a scary thing if he wins there. I don't think too many Region 5 coaches would like to prepare for a Daniels gameplan. One thing a guy like Daniels could do though, is lessen the discrepency between Region 5 and Region 6. Its no secret that Region 6 has had the upper hand in recent years because of the more versitile schemes they run. You put a guy that schemes like Daniels with Antioch's athletes and you could have a juggernaut. I still like Bush out of the "most likely" grab bag of coaches, but don't you have to at least gauge the interest of guys with credentials like Daniels and SS????

Jack is a good coach, who studies the game,but it is not anymore difficult to prepare for his style than some others. Jack would be with some good athletes,but it would be totally different than the players he works with now. I do think he could win,but I think alot of people can win with talent and in a different scheme other than a wide open offense. Hillsboro has won alot of games and not thrown much. Alot of schemes can win with the same players.

Edited by runtheball

Guest catfish-hunter

nununu, McKissack Middle School also feeds Pearl-Cohn. I know that is not saying much, but it is a feeder for them.

Thank You!!!!!

Actually Fitz has been there since '90, but you are right he does have a good QB. Also Mastermind, you are right McKissack does feed PC.

Thank You 2!!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Thank You as well for realizing the truth.

'92???? Who told you that mastermind????